Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Just collected from Carrickmines, flawless procedure

Didn’t expect the box to be as big!

where were you when the size of the box blew up the internet three-four weeks ago when reviewers got their review units :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Have mine from smyths ennis road limerick. Nobody here. No customers. No queue. Saw the list and seemed 5 were in before me. Asked how many they had but didn't know.

List I saw was one landscape page so maybe 50 names. Asked was it digital or disc so obviosuly had both.

Bring ID!! She said no way Jose was anyone getting one without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭jones

Walked straight in and picked it up no hassle at all and no queue. I went to Drogheda even though swords was closer and delighted I did... Mental note for the ps6 ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

jones wrote: »
    Walked straight in and picked it up no hassle at all and no queue. I went to Drogheda even though swords was closer and delighted I did... Mental note for the ps6 ha ha

Oh good to know. Drogheda is my shop too, I probably should have went in already haha

• Registered Users Posts: 29,517 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

For anyone getting it up and running and have a US psn account, can you confirm that it works ok before i buy US credit?

I've read it works fine but not from someone actually using their ps5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    For anyone getting it up and running and have a US psn account, can you confirm that it works ok before i buy US credit?

I've read it works fine but not from someone actually using their ps5.

I'm sure you will be fine, I assume my PS4 will migrate my Asian and US accounts over with the transfer tool?

And I have both accounts secured with 2FA

Edit : Just remembered Eurogamer had loads of different accounts for different regions on John Linnemans PS5 in one of the video's he even said it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Got my delivery window from DPD. Will be here between 1 and 2pm

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Argos has the ps5 on the website now, didn't anyone manage to reserve one there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    Argos has the ps5 on the website now, didn't anyone manage to reserve one there?

Its been there since 4, no stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Turned up to Smyths at around 7:30am. There was about 5 other cars with people waiting for the PS5 there and no one queueing at the door.

A staff member (who I ended up chatting to and turns out he was the manager) waved us in at around 7:35am. I was second in the queue and was in and out in less than 2 minutes.

I won’t name the store as I don’t want to get anyone in trouble for early opening but it was much appreciated.

I can’t vouch for the accuracy of this obviously but I asked same manager about further stock and he said Smyths will be doing another batch of pre-orders similar to the first two rounds and delivery would be guaranteed for Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

got mine there, now to answer one email every 15 mins to give the impression im working while i set her up

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

DeWitt wrote: »
    Got my delivery window from DPD. Will be here between 1 and 2pm

Did it just change from "travelling in our network"??

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

A320 wrote: »

I have the same message, traveling through the DPD network

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Foolishcharlie

Smyths PS5 just delivered by UPS in Dublin (Blanch area)! Very unexpected to get it this early considering there was no tracking update at all last time I checked around midnight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Seems we are hammering the website, Harvey down, Power city down, Pc world nearly down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Delved into Astros

This controller is something special

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    I have the same message, traveling through the DPD network

Mine just updated "your parcel is on a van and due for delivery - DPD 19/11/2020 at 09:01"

No SMS as of yet with delivery window that you usually get with DPD

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Sidford

Argos site now saying they're sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Anyone that's setting it up, was the initial system update very big?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

A320 wrote: »

Tracking updated at 7:37am to say to it was on a van and out to delivery. Then I got a text at 8:30am with the delivery window

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Has anyone an update on the ques. I've to go to swords and then to blanch. And also wait at home for a third one out for delivery :D p. S all for different people im just collecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Delved into Astros

This controller is something special

Agree the controller is something else alright

Ps5 is so quiet

Anyone that's setting it up, was the initial system update very big?

It's ~900mb

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Wing126 wrote: »
    It's ~900mb

I was set up playing within 10mins

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

One issue I’m having is the PS4 - PS5 upgrade for games.

It doesn’t seem to be working and seeing online others having the same issue.
    The option to upgrade doesn’t appear.
    Tried with AC and Watchdogs, hopefully fixed soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kamu

Picked mine up at Smyths and got home there, only one person (a mother) stopped me and about 20 envious looks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Just realized I haven’t bought any games for it!!! Are there any demo games uploaded onto the console?

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    Just realized I haven’t bought any games for it!!! Are there any demo games uploaded onto the console?

Astro's Playroom will keep ye entertained for a couple hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭jones

While updating the system it says to sign into the app using the scan code but it's not working ah well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Any Carrickmines for delivery people updated yet? Feels like it's gonna a long day waiting for that delivery SMS.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement