Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

sticker wrote: »
    Not following - Does the order dissapear when its dispatched?!!!

No, it should show under orders. So looks like you didnt have an order at all or it just randomly disappeared. I think everyone with a confirmed preorders has been charged by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Wish I had known that CEX were offering you 140€ profit on a PS5 before cancelled my preorder as that would be the easiest made money ever. I considered touting it on Adverts but didn't want to be that guy, but no guilt with a retail store like Cex. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 irishps5fan!

if I manage to order from Amazon.co.uk tomorrow, how long will it take to get to me? should i expect a long wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,924 ✭✭✭✭CSF

HEART STOPS - I just logged onto my Gamestop Account and this....???!!!!!

2020-11-18_21-50-01.png

Before...

2020-11-18_21-51-19.png

Possible you didn’t order it while logged in? That’s the case for my order which is kind of annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

dan786 wrote: »
    No, it should show under orders. So looks like you didnt have an order at all or it just randomly disappeared. I think everyone with a confirmed preorders has been charged by now.

I did have an order up to an hour ago and as per my screen - I was in allocation at launch...?!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Possible you didn’t order it while logged in? That’s the case for my order which is kind of annoying.

Hope to hell it was!!

F**king PHEW - You were right - order still there. Sweet Jesus!!

I'm still locked at CONFIRMED though?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭LauraW7746

Ive always gotten my consoles at launch off Gamestop, never had any hassle, I dont know why but this time I decided to hold off on them and so glad I did, they have made an absolute mess of it... I mean taking €50 deposits so people could join a queue... madness... and now their lack of communication and it being release day tomorrow, people still not knowing where they stand its ridiculous

I really hope everyone that got a PO from them gets their consoles tomorrow

I will be dealing with Smyths from now on for my consoles and games, I was going there for my games anyway cos they are mostly always cheaper, they have been brilliant to deal with and have done everything right with this launch

loughrey wrote: »
    Did you order one or two? They were cancelling orders for people with more than one order.

See above - Only one ordered, I wasn't logged in so I see it now - but I seem to be at the end of the Q. Order is Confirmed, funds in PayPal, Credit Card in the green not no movement on order...?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,847 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Now let's see if I can do with this what I always say I'll do any time I buy a console.

"I will play every game I buy and won't have a backlog!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Now let's see if I can do with this what I always say I'll do any time I buy a console.

With the PS+ Collection and console v games staggered release dates, I've already got a backlog before even getting the machine. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Ahahaha, good joke. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

See above - Only one ordered, I wasn't logged in so I see it now - but I seem to be at the end of the Q. Order is Confirmed, funds in PayPal, Credit Card in the green not no movement on order...?!!

I've not got an email either but looking at my last set of deliveries, emails came out at 11 and 1am so there's time still!

RedXIV wrote: »
    I've not got an email either but looking at my last set of deliveries, emails came out at 11 and 1am so there's time still!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one at the party left without a chair ;)

Fingers crossed!

EDIT - Have they taken payment as yet from you?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

UPS delivery from Smyths in in transit. Just in case there are people worried. Was in transit 5 hours ago but only updated now.

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    With the PS+ Collection and console v games staggered release dates, I've already got a backlog before even getting the machine. :o

Yeah I specified games I buy since I know I won't get through the Plus games.
    Wing126 wrote: »
    Ahahaha, good joke. :pac:

Thanks you! I'm here all week... instead of actually playing the games I'm talking about. :pac:

Glad to hear I'm not the only one at the party left without a chair ;)

Fingers crossed!

EDIT - Have they taken payment as yet from you?

I had prepaid in store so I had a voucher to use :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

pcadhain wrote: »
    UPS delivery from Smyths in in transit. Just in case there are people worried. Was in transit 5 hours ago but only updated now.

I'm still on 'label created'. I assume yours is switched to 'shipped'?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I don't mind queuing for a few mins but I just know there'll be a couple awkward feckers in front

"Sir, would you like a bag for a few cent more?"
    "Do I want a bag, now that IS a good question?, I mean I've come alll this way, you're working through a Pandemic and I can see why the bag might help. I've spent enough as well, is a few cent worth it?"

*smacks him on the head

"Thank you for the PS5, but whilst I'm here any chance you have any XYZ behind there?"
    "You need to order online, this is click n collect only"
    "I know but seeing as I'm here and all"

*smacks him on the head

"Can I see your ID?"
    "Sure, here you go............................"
    "Sir, this is a photo of a photo of an ID"
    "I asked somebody on boards, they all said no it's a stupid idea but surely it's good enough"

*smacks him on the head

Now seriously, that last one did happen on here. Somebody did ask that stupid question.

IF somebody is in the queue all quiet, not talking to anybody, not cluthing their barcode like the winning euromillions ticket and then gets to the front and says this then I will kick them in the back of the knees

"I'll take a PS5"
    "Can I see your order number?"
    "Order number, aren't we all here for the PS5, it's launch day after all"
    "It's pre orders"
    "Pre orders, what is that?"

Fvcking DIE!!!

Of course there'll be ones in the queue, where they've been waiting at least 5 minutes and get to the front, be asked for their email, have to find their phone, go into the mail and find the mail. Then same with their ID, all because they couldn't get them ready to show while waiting in the queue.
    Basically the equivalent of people in a queue seemingly not realising they'll be asked to pay for what they're buying and so never have their purse/wallet ready

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Older reference, but looking for change just before getting on a bus having stood at the bus stop for twenty mins, that drove me demented

• Advertisement

Irishbrick wrote: »
    Older reference, but looking for change just before getting on a bus having stood at the bus stop for twenty mins, that drove me demented

In the rain. jesus that brought a lot of crappy memories back from college

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

My other half has one ordered will I be able to collect it tomorrow for her with her email and my and her id? I was able to get the controller and headset for her last week but they didn't want id. Id say they will want it tomorrow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

iamtony wrote: »
    My other half has one ordered will I be able to collect it tomorrow for her with her email and my and her id? I was able to get the controller and headset for her last week but they didn't want id. Id say they will want it tomorrow.

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

iamtony wrote: »

From the emails they sent out last week;
    Please ensure you bring your ready for collection email and photo identification. If you are unable to collect your Pre-Order, you can have someone else collect on your behalf once they have your permission. In these cases, photo identification of the person who placed the order and the ready for collection email are required.

So just need to figure out which is easier, mugging someone and stealing their phone and ID or stealing the PS5 after they collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Are Argos doing midnight sales? Anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

RedXIV wrote: »

if you're a Gmail user check the Promotions tab.

if you're a Gmail user check the Promotions tab.

Nothing here yet for me :) But we can continue to have hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,381 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It is now officially the 19th of November...

Release Day has finally arrived!

Hope everyone enjoys the console when they get it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Abe_88

Anyone booked it on Amazon via Parcel Motel/Wizard? When should we expect this?😄

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement