Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon discriminating Irish customers?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭SourSessions

VG31 wrote:
    Presumably it's only for prime members.

I have prime and I'm also getting November 13th

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

I have prime and was a prime item I was looking at and still had to pay postage. Had to use addresspal as postage was 17-30 pounds

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

I've had a few returnless refunds of late and it hasn't been down to late delivery at all.

Low value clothing items that offer 'free returns' in their listing are more often than not processed automatically as returnless returns.

It's just not worth their while to pay postage and then process a t shirt or a hoody (two things that were not great size wise as Canterbury are a bit hit and miss with sizes at the best of times). T shirt was €15 and in a different order, hoodie was €28.

Happened with an item that wasn't marked 'free returns'...a gopro type under water camera, was €26 on a lightning deal, some of the parts were missing so was asking via the chat function for a swap but they said to just keep it and order another. I ordered the missing part for £5 instead....winner.

I assume there's a limit to how many returnless refunds they will give a person each year as you could, in theory order certain items and take the punt you may get a refund.

For people being asked to pay postage on faulty items, the seller should cover that. I was asked to pay postage once, I got onto chat and they generated a free post An Post label and I sent it back in the usual way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

SungSam7 wrote: »
    Both are An Post, do Amazon deliver all the way down in Waterford, I though they would only serve Dublin for now?

Dunno actually where they deliver to.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭SungSam7

Hurrache wrote: »
    Dunno actually where they deliver to.

Out of interest, was your package that got processed yesterday a "standard delivery" or "priority delivery"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

VG31 wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07FWFCVLQ/

For me it's delivery by tomorrow if ordered within 20 minutes.

There's next day delivery appearing for quite a few items.

Interesting. 13th for me too.

Are you logged in, or have you got it set to a UK address, or is your Dublin address coming up as a UK address somehow?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Out of interest, was your package that got processed yesterday a "standard delivery" or "priority delivery"?

Not me, must be another poster, I'm still waiting for trace of one from Sunday/Monday, haven't ordered anything since.

It was the same time as yours.

Out of interest, was the one that processed yesterday a "standard delivery" or "priority delivery" according to amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I've heard Amazon are interested in the site in athenry that got refused planning for apple due to objections.

Doing a test purchase, let's see if it arrives tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Out of interest, was the one that processed yesterday a "standard delivery" or "priority delivery" according to amazon?

The original, now refunded order is showing as standard. (It now says received at An Post mail centre since yesterday afternoon, but no further updates.)

The replacement order I made is showing as priority. It's due Tuesday. It departed St Helen's earlier this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

Interesting. 13th for me too.

Are you logged in, or have you got it set to a UK address, or is your Dublin address coming up as a UK address somehow?

Yes I am logged in, Dublin City address. Are you in Dublin? I used an address in Cork City just to check and the delivery date was Friday. It seems to be just a Dublin thing. I tried another Dublin address on the opposite side of the city and next day delivery was also available.

There's still some items available for delivery tomorrow if ordered within 45 minutes. The majority of items have a delivery date of Monday for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

VG31 wrote:
    Yes I am logged in, Dublin City address. Are you in Dublin? I used an address in Cork City just to check and the delivery date was Friday. It seems to be just a Dublin thing. I tried another Dublin address on the opposite side of the city and next day delivery was also available.

I'm in Kildare and it's coming up the 13th too. When I change it to my mothers house in South Dublin it's the same.

Cazale wrote: »
    I'm in Kildare and it's coming up the 13th too. When I change it to my mothers house in South Dublin it's the same.

Are you a prime member? I tried an address in Blackrock and it was 8th/9th.

VG31 wrote:
    Are you a prime member? I tried an address in Blackrock and it was 8th/9th.

Yeah using a prime account.

My package that left St. Helens Thursday night 29th of October has finally been processed this morning at 12:28 AM! I swore I wouldn't check up on it till maybe Tuesday but got an email from Amazon to rate my experience on it.... Me being confused as to why they would send something like that without me having the product just went to check and see if there was any updates, safe to say I was shocked to see it being processed! Finally....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I ordered something yesterday and it arrived today.
    Now thats impressive.

Delivery difference of two days (11th vs 13th) if I select my old Dublin address vs my current Cork address.

Still no sign of the order that was supposed to be delivered 6 days ago. Still showing as just left Merseyside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Local postman says they are over run. They can’t clear the office by the end of the day and they’re flat out but still sinking

Almost all my Amazon shipments recently have either beaten the time by a day or been a few days late. I can’t remember the last time anything arrived on the day it was supposed to

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Hey folks,

I bought a record case on the 28th October. An Post tracking said it only arrived last Thursday (5th) and the status hasn't changed at all.. Just says its been sorted in the Dublin sorting hub..

Any idea when it might actually arrive??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

it seems UPS amazon orders are no different to An Post

"Tamworth, United Kingdom
    We've incorrectly sorted this package which may cause a delay"

this was a pre-ordered (in June) book that came into Stock November 2nd, dispatched Friday 6th, and now is saying "On the way, but may be late"

out of the 4 books pre-ordered the series that day from Amazon themselves, 1 has yet to arrive (it's replacement arrived in July however the original is still "running late"), 1 arrived on time in August, the September one was cancelled because it was in stock then went out of stock before being dispatched, came back into stock so i ordered it again and cancelled the pre order which still hadn't dispatched as the new order showed a faster delivery than the pre order did, and this one now has this... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Still no sign of the order that was supposed to be delivered 6 days ago. Still showing as just left Merseyside.

Same. Ordered replacements and will wait and see which gets to me first.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

JimmyVik wrote: »
    I ordered something yesterday and it arrived today.
    Now thats impressive.

saturday evening order due today too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

sweetie wrote: »
    saturday evening order due today too

Wife tested out Next Day Delivery too... ordered Sat morning and dropped less than 24 hours later by an Amazon courier. More of this would just be too tempting.. we are bit mad on the Amazon shopping as it is (I get a lot of stuff for work on a regular basis) but next day would bring it to a whole different level :eek:

Wife tested out Next Day Delivery too... ordered Sat morning and dropped less than 24 hours later by an Amazon courier. More of this would just be too tempting.. we are bit mad on the Amazon shopping as it is (I get a lot of stuff for work on a regular basis) but next day would bring it to a whole different level :eek:

I ordered three items on Saturday morning, all arrived on Sunday. One of the items wasn't dispatched until around 10 pm on Saturday but it still came on Sunday, although it was later than the other two items.

There was next day delivery available at 1 am today but it had changed to Wednesday by 10 am this morning.

Three separate parcels are late presumed missing. Very poor service at the moment.

Its getting better for Dubliners but worse for the rest of the country! Using that famous USB cable which is now the tester... LINDY 2m USB 2.0 Type A to B Cable,

Ordering 9pm on the 9th Nov

GB address - FREE Prime Delivery : get it on Wednesday, Nov. 11
    NI address - FREE Prime Delivery : get it on Wednesday, Nov. 11
    Dublin address - FREE Priority Delivery : get it by Wednesday, Nov. 11
    Cork address - FREE Standard Delivery : get it by Monday, Nov. 16

Wonderful. 5 days extra for Cork vs Dublin. Edit: And in my experience, the Cork address will not ship for several days, the others will ship tomorrow.

And my coat still hasn't arrived. Seven days late and counting. I understand Amazon are expanding in Dublin at the moment but I'm getting fed up of these delays.

And my coat still hasn't arrived. Seven days late and counting. I understand Amazon are expanding in Dublin at the moment but I'm getting fed up of these delays.

TBF most of the delays at the moment appear to be An Post's fault rather than Amazon.

Its getting better for Dubliners but worse for the rest of the country! Using that famous USB cable which is now the tester... LINDY 2m USB 2.0 Type A to B Cable,

Ordering 9pm on the 9th Nov

GB address - FREE Prime Delivery : get it on Wednesday, Nov. 11
    NI address - FREE Prime Delivery : get it on Wednesday, Nov. 11
    Dublin address - FREE Priority Delivery : get it by Wednesday, Nov. 11
    Cork address - FREE Standard Delivery : get it by Monday, Nov. 16

Wonderful. 5 days extra for Cork vs Dublin. Edit: And in my experience, the Cork address will not ship for several days, the others will ship tomorrow.

Next day Dublin delivery for quite a few items if you order by mid/late afternoon. Tested it on Saturday and sure enough it arrived on Sunday.

• Advertisement

VG31 wrote: »
    TBF most of the delays at the moment appear to be An Post's fault rather than Amazon.

Yes and no... I understand An Post are swamped, but stuff is STILL getting shipped to a UK address almost immediately, yet takes several days to be processed and shipped to an Irish address outside of Dublin.

I don't mind it taking a few days extra to arrive but its a disgrace that there is such a disparity in the thing leaving the Amazon warehouse.

Advertisement