Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon discriminating Irish customers?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Easons deliver, which I'm sure you know, and they quite regularly have decent specials and sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Ive a package that was due to be deliver monday leaving Merseyside and never arrived. Must be some thing very wrong there.

My Sis sent a package 3 weeks ago to my house via amazon and still not arrived.

Same here. Was due to arrive Monday 2nd (having not been shipped for 5 days prior to it getting that far) and it still hasn't arrived.

Requesting a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Hurrache wrote: »
    Easons deliver, which I'm sure you know, and they quite regularly have decent specials and sales.

I try to use Eason but their website is a hot mess and I've bought stuff from them only to have the order cancelled days later and had to go elsewhere. Kennys.ie is a decent option

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Hmm will I drive over to Easons and pay €21.99 for the book or get the hardback off Amazon, free shipping in 2-3 days for €10.99? No contest. :pac:

There's literally a person a few post before me complaining about buying 2 books and having a long wait for it. Did you try Kenny's or any of the many other Irish online book retailers, you don't get free shipping on an order for 10.99 with Amazon. There's no particular need to buy low value items on Amazon unless they are heavily discounted.

Same here. Was due to arrive Monday 2nd (having not been shipped for 5 days prior to it getting that far) and it still hasn't arrived.

Requesting a refund.

They'll appear eventually, the issue appears to be with An Post and their backlog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

There's literally a person a few post before me complaining about buying 2 books and having a long wait for it. Did you try Kenny's or any of the many other Irish online book retailers, you don't get free shipping on an order for 10.99 with Amazon. There's no particular need to buy low value items on Amazon unless they are heavily discounted.

That was me and the book was not on any of the Irish sites even though the author has a large following, I gave up looking for stuff on Irish sites as 9/10 times they were twice as much as Amazon or The Book Depository and that is even if I could find it.

I can order a book from Amazon on a Monday and receive it two days later using Parcel Motel and still save between 5-8 euro, it does not matter how much the item costs, if it is Prime it is free for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭VG31

sweetie wrote: »
    I try to use Eason but their website is a hot mess and I've bought stuff from them only to have the order cancelled days later and had to go elsewhere. Kennys.ie is a decent option

Kennys is probably the most reasonably priced bookshop here. There's a few 5% off codes available.

I used to buy from them more frequently but in the last year or two they haven't had what I'm looking for very often.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I buy books almost monthly and generally can't find what I want from Eason or Kenny's. Plus, the prices just don't compare, even taking postage in to account. And, the quality of used books for a pittance on Amazon can't be beaten.

To be fair, their customer service has refunded me for the missing items, and told me if they arrive I can keep them (worth less than £30) so thats decent enough.

For the first time in my hundreds of Amazon orders, I've been sent the wrong item (they sent me the wrong colour once but I won't count that).

It was a more expensive version of a box of Lindt chocolates with the exact same box so an easy mistake to make. I've been sent the correct item and there was no mention of having to return the wrong item.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I have exactly the same issue. It's due today, and the app still says that. But the tracking shows it left St Helens on Thursday night and no updates since. An Post doesn't recognise the number.

Had another parcel ordered afterwards delivered by Amazon yesterday.

I just got a text from An Post saying my order will delivered in the next few days. According to the app it showed up earlier today. Just after I'd successfully requested a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Had a few items that was supposed to arrive yesterday in the one package but never came. Got this message on the order today:

We’re very sorry your delivery is late. If you have not received your package by today, you can come back here the next day for a refund.

Just wondering who pays for the refund? Is it Amazon or the individual sellers? All items in this shipment are from different sellers. I'd happily take a refund from Amazon for being late but not the smaller sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭SungSam7

I just got a text from An Post saying my order will delivered in the next few days. According to the app it showed up earlier today. Just after I'd successfully requested a refund.

You probably get to keep it, that's what the agent said to me the other day if I wished to have a refund instead, that if the package came to just keep it.

My order has a value of €430 so I would feel bad to get a refund and keep the item, I just told Amazon since it wasnt their fault for the delay that I would wait. I'm glad to hear you got processed which means mine should be soon also.

What time roughly did your package depart St.Helens? Might give a better idea of mine considering mine left at 10.59 PM on Thursday the 29th, mine surely shouldnt take anymore than 3 more working days.

Kerry25x wrote: »
    Had a few items that was supposed to arrive yesterday in the one package but never came. Got this message on the order today:

We’re very sorry your delivery is late. If you have not received your package by today, you can come back here the next day for a refund.

Just wondering who pays for the refund? Is it Amazon or the individual sellers? All items in this shipment are from different sellers. I'd happily take a refund from Amazon for being late but not the smaller sellers.

I would presume it depends, if it is a seller using Amazons market place, then they will take the hit, if its Amazon selling on behalf of the seller, then I presume Amazon take the hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

SungSam7 wrote: »

What time roughly did your package depart St.Helens? Might give a better idea of mine considering mine left at 10.59 PM on Thursday the 29th, mine surely shouldnt take anymore than 3 more working days.

It was the same time as yours.

It was the same time as yours.

Ordered a camera for a RPi Wednesday afternoon, left Merseyside at 3:02 AM Thursday morning and was processed in Dublin at 9:48PM Friday evening, where is the consistency!? Why is the last Thursdays just sitting there still not being processed....

Is the one that was processed most recently an An Post or Amazon delivery?
    Amazon are delivering fine, the issue is within An Post. Mine despatched 4am Monday is still MIA with them. The automated mails from Amazon are saying it maybe lost but it has to be their delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

SungSam7 wrote: »
    I would presume it depends, if it is a seller using Amazons market place, then they will take the hit, if its Amazon selling on behalf of the seller, then I presume Amazon take the hit.

They all say "Sold by ________ and Fulfilled by Amazon" so I guess that would make Amazon responsible for shipping issues? They're all Prime items.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Amazon are delivering fine, the issue is within An Post. Mine despatched 4am Monday is still MIA with them. The automated mails from Amazon are saying it maybe lost but it has to be their delays.

An Post seem to be all over the place at the moment, Amazon orders being misrouted and delayed ,Also a Decathalon order is delayed and they are blaming an post

Thanks for your message, I hope you are well.

We are currently experiencing delays as An Post are currently working through a large backlog of package deliveries from all online retailers and it hit unexpected levels over the last two weeks and with the added Covid restrictions may add 3/5 days to the initial schedule

Apologies for this issue.

Your tracking information should go live 1-2 working days before the order is delivered.

If you have not received the order by Tuesday, please let me know

All the best.
    Emma
    Passionate about GAA

Both are An Post, do Amazon deliver all the way down in Waterford, I though they would only serve Dublin for now?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Wolftown

Placed 3 separate orders (all prime) last Saturday 31/10. They were supposed to arrive on Monday/Tuesday. Not one of the tracking numbers appeared on an post website, so I assume they never received them.

Have requested a refund for all 3 now, but I still need the items I ordered. Not sure if I should order the same again at this stage, never had trouble with Amazon deliveries in the past so it is strange to have 3 orders disappear...

Also placed another order on Tuesday 03/11 and that arrived on Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Wolftown wrote: »
    Placed 3 separate orders (all prime) last Saturday 31/10. They were supposed to arrive on Monday/Tuesday. Not one of the tracking numbers appeared on an post website, so I assume they never received them.

Have requested a refund for all 3 now, but I still need the items I ordered. Not sure if I should order the same again at this stage, never had trouble with Amazon deliveries in the past so it is strange to have 3 orders disappear...

Also placed another order on Tuesday 03/11 and that arrived on Thursday.

I was the same and requested a refund which they gave and most of the stuff arrived 2 days later! Nearly €300 of Xmas presents for free..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

Truckermal wrote: »
    I was the same and requested a refund which they gave and most of the stuff arrived 2 days later! Nearly €300 of Xmas presents for free..

An post have more or less lost the Amazon contract and indeed Amazon intend to have their own nationwide delivery in place soon and actually in many developed countries worldwide. Distribution centres also incoming, partially due to brexit, partially for efficiency. Truly a giant monster which will cripple many more sme's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

An post have more or less lost the Amazon contract and indeed Amazon intend to have their own nationwide delivery in place soon and actually in many developed countries worldwide. Distribution centres also incoming, partially due to brexit, partially for efficiency. Truly a giant monster which will cripple many more sme's

For sure. Amazon are growing at a ridiculous pace with room to expand massively. I think I read that online retail only makes up 12% of total retail globally.

First time I've seen this, hopefully it lasts.

Screenshot-20201107-103459-01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

VG31 wrote: »

Screenshot-20201107-103459-01.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's UK only.

I'm pretty sure that's UK only.

No it's not, that's for delivery to Ireland. You can see Dublin at the bottom of the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

What was the item, I'll see if I get the same.

What was the item, I'll see if I get the same.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07FWFCVLQ/

For me it's delivery by tomorrow if ordered within 20 minutes.

There's next day delivery appearing for quite a few items.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07FWFCVLQ/

For me it's delivery by tomorrow if ordered within 20 minutes.

There's next day delivery appearing for quite a few items.

This is mine "& FREE Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20.00 . Delivery Details
    Arrives: Friday, Nov 13 Details"

• Advertisement

This is mine "& FREE Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20.00 . Delivery Details
    Arrives: Friday, Nov 13 Details"

Presumably it's only for prime members.

Advertisement