Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

mariyapsni wrote: »
    Boss20, I would write N/A in the spaces that are just not applicable for you. From experience, it's always better to show that you have read the question and u think it's not applicable to you, rather than them assuming that you might have just skipped it by mistake OR it not being applicable to you. :) Good luck

This is good advice - it is what I did on my forms. You'll have a sore hand by the end of it, but you'll also have the peace of mind that you haven't accidentally left anything out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Klaus2020

Now I'm doubting how I filled the form in and if i missed sections, christ! Why is this psychological torture....

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Andimaul

Klaus2020 wrote: »
    Now I'm doubting how I filled the form in and if i missed sections, christ! Why is this psychological torture....

Mate I'm the same, I'm wondering whether I wrote N/A or just left them blank. It's nerve wrecking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Klaus2020

Andimaul wrote: »
    Mate I'm the same, I'm wondering whether I wrote N/A or just left them blank. It's nerve wrecking.

I mean I filled out each section it told me to, but if I answered a question then I didn't think I would need N/A for other bits. It's a bit like dissecting an exam after GCSE ahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

Hey, don't worry guys. I've had a CTC vetting a few times now and if they need something, they will get back to you (usually through the requesting organisation) to let you know what further information they need. In my case, i had missed giving job details for jobs i had around 8 to 10 years ago and they just got back to the requesting organisation (my employer) who then got back to me, requesting this info and then provided it back to them. Just keep calm and things will start happening soon ;) i keep telling that to myself as well, waiting on the A/C results :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 MUFC1

Do not panic on the vetting, they will come back to you if they require more info, and if some of you are like me its a long process, I have been security cleared twice to work within prison settings across NI and my vetting has been away 11 months coming. so my advice is chill lol

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paulo345

MUFC1 wrote: »
    Do not panic on the vetting, they will come back to you if they require more info, and if some of you are like me its a long process, I have been security cleared twice to work within prison settings across NI and my vetting has been away 11 months coming. so my advice is chill lol

I think it’s mostly people worrying about appearing dishonest when in reality they have made a mistake or forgotten to put down a YouTube account not used in 5 years or something lol

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gonzo94

MUFC1 wrote: »

I can't believe yours is still pending. I honestly thought you wouldn't be too far behind me. I would give them a call. That's what I did and literally a few days later I got called for an interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CMAG90

Those who received their vetting forms - can you advise if there is a set date to have it returned by or how long you have to complete and return.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

CMAG90 wrote: »
    Those who received their vetting forms - can you advise if there is a set date to have it returned by or how long you have to complete and return.

Thanks

Yes needs to be returned within 2 weeks. Been filling mine in all day. 16 addresses between my partner and I 🀓

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 CMAG90

Yes needs to be returned within 2 weeks. Been filling mine in all day. 16 addresses between my partner and I ��

Sending you a PM if thats ok

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wyl91

Vetting has just requested additional financial info from me.

The form states summary of personal summary of finance

Would you assume it’s me alone and not my over spending partner lol

Wyl91 wrote: »
    Vetting has just requested additional financial info from me.

The form states summary of personal summary of finance

Would you assume it’s me alone and not my over spending partner lol

I'd assume you alone, surely.

MrChew wrote: »
    I'd assume you alone, surely.

Balls they’ve said include her. Nice knowing yeee

Balls they’ve said include her. Nice knowing yeee

Sure you could dump her :P

Sure you could dump her :P

Bit late now! Just gonna lay it all out as best to my knowledge. New thing to worry about everyday

Bit late now! Just gonna lay it all out as best to my knowledge. New thing to worry about everyday

Oh for sure, unending uncertainty.

What kind of info are they asking for on the additional financial forms? I have a couple of defaults so I think I will get one too.

What kind of info are they asking for on the additional financial forms? I have a couple of defaults so I think I will get one too.

Totally assets/liabilities

Then a monthly breakdown of in and outgoings in terms of all bills/debts etc

Totally assets/liabilities

Then a monthly breakdown of in and outgoings in terms of all bills/debts etc

Cheers mate. Thanks for info. Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paulo345

Anyone know how long to wait for vetting before contacting recruitment? Been a month for me and still nothing back from them

Paulo345 wrote: »
    Anyone know how long to wait for vetting before contacting recruitment? Been a month for me and still nothing back from them

Hey I’m afraid many people can take months on months. Have even heard of people waiting 11 months.

If they need anything they will contact you! Plus if you email they will prob just say it’s pending. Fingers crossed we haven’t much longer to wait but you never know

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Andimaul

Does anyone know how long it is between each group starting GV?

I think it's usually around 5 weeks between each set of calls. So the next set of calls for the 2018 campaign should go out on or around the 16th November (I hope).

PCA is v v soon. Safe to say I’m up to high doe lol how doable do we feel the 4.30mins is?

I’ve been training but I was only fit to train from Julyish as I birthed a human in May so yeh.. feeling a little disadvantaged by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Newbieee

Paulo345 wrote: »

I would contact them if it goes over 20 weeks although it could go to 30 weeks plus

Don't worry about the PCA. At 4mins 30 secs you should be able to walk round it (don't do that though lol).

I was in the same boat when it came to my PCA. I done mine in 3 mins 28 I believe. My training wasnt mental. I was jogging/running and adding in things like assault bike and rower. Circuit type exercises will help too. Just give it you're all and you'll be grand.

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Newbieee

Anyone could pass the PCA in 4.30. The last intake was 3.53 and the majority passed

PCA is v v soon. Safe to say I’m up to high doe lol how doable do we feel the 4.30mins is?

I’ve been training but I was only fit to train from Julyish as I birthed a human in May so yeh.. feeling a little disadvantaged by this.

Mine is up soon too and I swing between feeling "really very optimistic, sure 4:30 is ages, and thon lady in the bel tel did it in 4:18 and I must be quicker than her surely" and "I'm going to die, I'm going to knock down every obstacle, including the gym mat, and they're going to take me out the back and shoot me like the knackered old nag I am".

I've been training since March, but I've literally never done like any exercise before in my life. I've managed to get my 5k down to 4:30 mins per kilometre or so, plus I can manage 30 mins of HIIT without completely dying, but I still am worried that it's not going to be enough.

Went for my last run today - resting before the big event so my muscles are fresh but it's in the hands of the gods now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sharon1986

Mine is up soon too and I swing between feeling "really very optimistic, sure 4:30 is ages, and thon lady in the bel tel did it in 4:18 and I must be quicker than her surely" and "I'm going to die, I'm going to knock down every obstacle, including the gym mat, and they're going to take me out the back and shoot me like the knackered old nag I am".

I've been training since March, but I've literally never done like any exercise before in my life. I've managed to get my 5k down to 4:30 mins per kilometre or so, plus I can manage 30 mins of HIIT without completely dying, but I still am worried that it's not going to be enough.

Went for my last run today - resting before the big event so my muscles are fresh but it's in the hands of the gods now.

In the same boat too ....really doubting myself!! Anyone thats done it is like dont under estimate then others when u say 4.30 are like oh that will be a doddle! Has anyone failed the 4.30 that anyone knows of??

Advertisement