Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

sharon1986 wrote: »
    In the same boat too ....really doubting myself!! Anyone thats done it is like dont under estimate then others when u say 4.30 are like oh that will be a doddle! Has anyone failed the 4.30 that anyone knows of??

Think this is the first time 4:30 has been used.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wyl91

Cheers all!

ah Gonzo- that's super reassuring! thank you, its such a reassurance to know that.

hahah Newbiee- I like ur optimism I'm gonna keep that as my mantra

Mr Chew- LOL well then if bel tel woman can do it surely we can?! I've been seeing a PTX2 a week and then gym 2/3 times a week beyond that. My pt feels i'l smash it but I'm thinking he's underestimating how anxious I get you'll hear the cones flying everywhere and a very broad NI foooook coming from the hall

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sharon1986

MrChew wrote: »
    Think this is the first time 4:30 has been used.

Not for the ones who had to resit from last campaign, I know someone failed and had her resit at the 4.30 and passed.....wondering if any of the resits have failed at the 4.30?

sharon1986 wrote: »
    Not for the ones who had to resit from last campaign, I know someone failed and had her resit at the 4.30 and passed.....wondering if any of the resits have failed at the 4.30?

Oooh, that's interesting, I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gonzo94

I'd also recommend you go to the familiarisation day.

• Advertisement

Wyl91 wrote: »
    Cheers all!

ah Gonzo- that's super reassuring! thank you, its such a reassurance to know that.

hahah Newbiee- I like ur optimism I'm gonna keep that as my mantra

Mr Chew- LOL well then if bel tel woman can do it surely we can?! I've been seeing a PTX2 a week and then gym 2/3 times a week beyond that. My pt feels i'l smash it but I'm thinking he's underestimating how anxious I get you'll hear the cones flying everywhere and a very broad NI foooook coming from the hall

Like, in theory, we should both be fine, right? Gotta give it dixie, positive mental attitude, and all that. Nothing else to be done, eh? Maybe we'll be at the same session, I'll keep an ear out for a sweary woman with a broad accent :D

Yeh- it was very helpful for sure. without specifics I'm on a days count down to PCA now rather than weeks so just trying to settle the old nerves. Trying to keep a positive attitude but think it's maybe becoming a bit too real tonight

hahaha maybe! you'll know for sure- very broad accent lol

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

For the non-Fast trackers another update would be great, I could settle myself if I knew the results are coming out as originally planned on the 4th December (Less than a month away) but surely that will be pushed back due to the 4 week restrictions. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

Yea an update would be great. Unfortunately i was one of the unlucky ones who’s AC was the week of the lockdown. I’d imagine they would want to complete the AC’s first before they give anyone their merit list number. Here’s hoping lockdown stops soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Andimaul

It is anticipated that the results will be issued in January 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

Feel for those still waiting on AC and results. Hopefully the process will get going again soon.

Have any of the FT Group 2 guys got PCA date yet? Nothing here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SausageDog33

Andimaul wrote: »
    It is anticipated that the results will be issued in January 2021.

How do you know this? I haven't seen any updates anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 RoboCop123

I'm guessing they will issue FT 2 PCAs after FT 1 have done theirs. I know the PCAs are quite soon for the first batch, I'd imagine we'll get our dates sometime next week, with a 4 week notice and the familiarisation somewhere in the middle.

Have my vetting signed, sealed and sent finally, took longer than anticipated to finish lol, wasn't fun....

How do you know this? I haven't seen any updates anywhere.

It was mentioned in the fast track email I got from the PSNI.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Boss20

Feel for those still waiting on AC and results. Hopefully the process will get going again soon.

Have any of the FT Group 2 guys got PCA date yet? Nothing here yet.

I reckon we could get an email tomorrow with our PCA Dates...maybe just wishful thinking tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Si_zx10r

Hotels etc set to reopen next week again so fingers crossed the remaining a/c candidates get their new dates very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Yukuza2008

Andimaul wrote: »
    It was mentioned in the fast track email I got from the PSNI.

So they’ve said in the FT email the ac results won’t be released until January ‘21? The wait it starting to kill me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

Si_zx10r wrote: »
    Hotels etc set to reopen next week again so fingers crossed the remaining a/c candidates get their new dates very soon

I hope so too! At least then the whole process can continue for everyone.

Yukuza2008 wrote: »
    So they’ve said in the FT email the ac results won’t be released until January ‘21? The wait it starting to kill me now.

If they get the remaining candidates through before Christmas, we should have our results very soon after. I do feel the same though, did I pass or fail, just tell me 😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

Si_zx10r wrote: »
    If they get the remaining candidates through before Christmas, we should have our results very soon after. I do feel the same though, did I pass or fail, just tell me ����

Si_zx10, absolutely! Despite the remaining number of candidates, by now they should have a pass/fail result and be able to tell us if we will be in the merit list or not at least. Of course, ordering in the merit list will probably be finalised once all candidates have had their A/C, but indeed, 5 months waiting to do the a/c and 3-4-5 months waiting for the results after can wreck anyone's nerves. The people still waiting to do their a/c - stay strong xx

I had my a/c 3 months ago myself, thought waiting until December 4th was going to be painful🙈🙈 now most of us can only hope to find out if we've passed or not come January 😭.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sharon1986

Well done!

That's my PCA done and passed. It's all a bit of a blur.

Congrats mate, one step closer.

Thanks folks! Just the medical left to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

Thanks folks! Just the medical left to go.

Congrats mate well done!

No PCA date here yet maybe this week but got my online learning finished yesterday and vetting posted today 😎

That's my PCA done and passed. It's all a bit of a blur.

Congrats mate! Are you allowed to say what time you completed it in?

RoboCop123 wrote: »
    Congrats mate! Are you allowed to say what time you completed it in?

Under 3:40!

Under 3:40!

Very well done! Plenty of time to spare

• Advertisement

RoboCop123 wrote: »
    Very well done! Plenty of time to spare

Ha, it didn't feel like it but that's probably how it feels for everyone!

Advertisement