Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Klaus2020

6 weeks would mean you got the vetting forms before the first bunch of FTs...

To clarify, waiting on staff role and not PC but hoping to see some timescales from everyone's experience

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Robbie200490

Has anyone heard any updates on whether the a/c from the start of November are still going ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Andimaul

Utterly delighted to have found out yesterday that I am being fast tracked.

Does anyone have any inclination as to when the PSNI managed stages are taking place or when the canditates who are being fast tracked are likely to be in GV?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Andimaul wrote: »
    Utterly delighted to have found out yesterday that I am being fast tracked.

Does anyone have any inclination as to when the PSNI managed stages are taking place or when the canditates who are being fast tracked are likely to be in GV?

Thanks in advance.

PSNI managed stages are taking place now. You'll probably receive your vetting papers and PCA date in the next couple of weeks. Progress to medical and online learning is contingent on passing the PCA.

Couldn't say when you might end up in GV. Someone else might have a better idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Newbieee

From receiving my fast track email to starting GV it was about 5 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Wyl91

Newbieee wrote: »
    From receiving my fast track email to starting GV it was about 5 months.

All being well then hopefully the first part of next year! From getting fast track email end of Sept. But I guess it’s all vetting/ next steps dependent! And if covid doesn’t delay anything more.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Andimaul

Does anyone know what way it works for paternity leave in GV? My wife is due our baby boy at the end of March and I am worried it might clash with me starting GV.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sharon1986

Does anyone know what way it works for paternity leave in GV? My wife is due our baby boy at the end of March and I am worried it might clash with me starting GV.

Thanks in advance.

I'd ring recruitment and ask as 2 weeks is a long time to miss out of the course. U will probably find if you got the call before then you would just defer your start date until after baby arrives and ur paternity is ended

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

hopefully they will resume the AC's.
    Its almost coming up to 8 months of waiting , and for us who havnt completed A/Cs yet, you can definitely feel the waiting pain

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

KN1231999 wrote: »
    hopefully they will resume the AC's.
    Its almost coming up to 8 months of waiting , and for us who havnt completed A/Cs yet, you can definitely feel the waiting pain

KN1231999, i feel for you. Just stay positive and keep the focus. Hopefully things will start moving again in a week's time or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭NeeNaw21

Thanks in advance.

You can only get 1 day off in Garnerville for the likes of a wedding/funeral etc maybe 2 days.

If you want full paternity and you are starting around the dame time just defer.

If you are in the middle of GV or the start you'll be recoursed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ats.us.nai

Update for assessment centre reschedule on website for those still waiting....

https://www.joinpsni.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Brodin2693

ats.us.nai wrote: »
    Update for assessment centre reschedule on website for those still waiting....

Id say with another delay will come a further group of progression to the PSNI managed stages, also can see the results being pushed back a week or two unfortunately, did mine back in July and it’s been an eternity of waiting already!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Si_zx10r

With 4 weeks of a/c now postponed until further notice, I think we will be very lucky to get results before the new year. If hotels don't open again in November then there's no hope, only good thing is we've all been waiting since February so another month or 2 isn't too bad. Will be rubbish though if its bad news after the length of hanging in there lol fingers crossed it all comes together soon so we can be put out of our misery 😉👍

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Yukuza2008

So do we think there could be another batch of FT emails?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Brodin2693

Yukuza2008 wrote: »
    So do we think there could be another batch of FT emails?

Wouldn’t like to assume but to keep the flow of squads through GV moving and with a 4 week delay to the remaining AC I’d almost expect it. Who knows! This has been a campaign like no other in recent times!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Yukuza2008

Brodin2693 wrote: »
    Wouldn’t like to assume but to keep the flow of squads through GV moving and with a 4 week delay to the remaining AC I’d almost expect it. Who knows! This has been a campaign like no other in recent times!

That’s for sure. Seems to be setback after setback but hopefully it gets back running smooth very soon!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SausageDog33

I received the online learning today. Didn't think I would get that until after the PCA...

I received the online learning today. Didn't think I would get that until after the PCA...

Same and same.

Just got word I passed my vetting and all - three weeks on the button.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 CoAntrim24

MrChew wrote: »
    Same and same.

Congratulations mate - another step down. Did you pass the vetting as part of this recruitment campaign?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 SausageDog33

Same and same.

Great news! I'm still waiting nervously

CoAntrim24 wrote: »
    Congratulations mate - another step down. Did you pass the vetting as part of this recruitment campaign?

The 2002 campaign, yeah.

Great news! I'm still waiting nervously

I was really surprised it completed so soon. Things are starting to feel very real!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wyl91

No vetting my end yet but got the learning. Think that’s a positive sign they want to progress quickly but just depends on vetting I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

Wyl91 wrote: »
    No vetting my end yet but got the learning. Think that’s a positive sign they want to progress quickly but just depends on vetting I guess.

Good for you, lucky you, fast-trackers. I wonder why don't they process us, the ordinary, not fast-tracked poor souls, quickly as well and at least tell us the results from our A/C, so that they can progress us quickly :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PSNIhopeful1

This might be being very hopeful (hence the name!) But I think the first batch of fast trackers could be on track to start in January.

PCAs soon, online learning sent out early and my medical was only 2 weeks after pca in 1710, so it could be the same this time.

If all that is done, we could get notice of appointability at the end of November, induction in December and start 4 weeks later in January. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

I am fast track group 2 who were notified of fast track last Friday and I also got online learning today. No sign of vetting forms or PCA date yet but maybe by the end of the week. Things feel like they are going fast.

I feel for those still waiting on results and AC. Hang in there folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Klaus2020

Same and same.

Congrats! Week 7 and counting...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Newbieee

I would be very surprised if any FT start before Feb.

Good to see they are moving things pretty quickly though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SMS19

Newbieee wrote: »
    I would be very surprised if any FT start before Feb.

Good to see they are moving things pretty quickly though!

I would agree with February at the earliest . December calls have already gone out and there are still a lot of people in 1810 who would be offered a place first.

Advertisement