Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Klaus2020 wrote: »
    For the vetting process did this show up on your credit report? I'm keeping an eye out but not sure if it will show or not

I've no idea - not currently signed up with xperian or the like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Klaus2020 wrote: »
    For the vetting process did this show up on your credit report? I'm keeping an eye out but not sure if it will show or not

Yes it will show up as ACPO police vetting, wasn't until week 8 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Newbieee

For the Vetting it will show on your Experian Account.

For the SMT make sure you declare everything you have taken within the time frame. If they find something in your system and you haven’t declared it you’re straight out. Also if you’ve taken prescribed medication that wasn’t for you you are a straight fail.
    Cannot emphasise enough about declaring everything, too many candidates have failed for not declaring something

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wyl91

This is all v helpful as I had been worrying about taking OTC painkillers a number of times the last month or so as I also did a number on my shoulder trying to get PCA fit. A lot of good info this process is deffo a melt a times lol

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Si_zx10r

I'm guessing there's still no update for the guys that have been postponed? Is it possible for a result on whether you've passed or failed the a/c on 4th December without giving a placement until everyone has attended?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 SausageDog33

Si_zx10r wrote: »
    I'm guessing there's still no update for the guys that have been postponed? Is it possible for a result on whether you've passed or failed the a/c on 4th December without giving a placement until everyone has attended?

Potentially, everything is possible this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Si_zx10r

Suppose we can live in hope lol been a long haul so far for everyone and can't imagine the frustration/worry for anyone who hasn't attended as yet. I think everyone who has attended should already have a score against their name, would be good to know either way if we've passed or not come 4th December. Nearly 10 months of hanging in there lol not really bothered about how long the remaining stages are away, just hoping for good news on a/c

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

Si_zx10r wrote: »
    Suppose we can live in hope lol been a long haul so far for everyone and can't imagine the frustration/worry for anyone who hasn't attended as yet. I think everyone who has attended should already have a score against their name, would be good to know either way if we've passed or not come 4th December. Nearly 10 months of hanging in there lol not really bothered about how long the remaining stages are away, just hoping for good news on a/c

Very well said Si_zx10r! I also think that the recruiters should have already assessed us, the people who already attended A/C like more than a month ago. It seems that the following stages are quick enough as the police managed stages seem to be very efficiently managed. Let's just hope that we will soon get the good news! Good luck everyone :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

Vetting forms arrived this morning. Not bad. Hopefully get them sent away ASAP.
    How soon after arrival of vetting forms did the first fast track group get their PCA date through and will it come
    by email or post?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sharon1986

How soon after arrival of vetting forms did the first fast track group get their PCA date through and will it come
    by email or post?

By email, around a week later. Ul probably get it this week id say

• Advertisement

by email or post?

I got my PCA invite by email a few days after my vetting forms arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 RoboCop123

I also received my vetting forms this morning, not too bad. Still very thorough lol - I'm estimating PCA in early December, going by the rough dates for the first group of FT, then we really only have medicals to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paulo345

During the vetting do they access your social media to look at your messages and your call records? Just wondering as it would seem like an invasion of privacy

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Yukuza2008

So part of the vetting they can access your messages and phone call log etc? Can anybody confirm? Not that I am worrying just wondering that’s all.

Yukuza2008 wrote: »
    So part of the vetting they can access your messages and phone call log etc? Can anybody confirm? Not that I am worrying just wondering that’s all.

You aren't asked to supply information that could allow them to access your messages, call logs etc, simply your usernames and identifiers that would allow them to look up your social media profiles.

I'm not saying that they couldn't access your accounts - who knows what tricks GCHQ have up their sleeves - but you aren't asked to prov9de passwords or the like.

Additionally, if you want to be a police officer, surrendering elements of your private life come with the job in a way they wouldn't in civvy street.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Yukuza2008

MrChew wrote: »
    You aren't asked to supply information that could allow them to access your messages, call logs etc, simply your usernames and identifiers that would allow them to look up your social media profiles.

I'm not saying that they couldn't access your accounts - who knows what tricks GCHQ have up their sleeves - but you aren't asked to prov9de passwords or the like.

Additionally, if you want to be a police officer, surrendering elements of your private life come with the job in a way they wouldn't in civvy street.

Yeah that is very true. Transparency being the key thing to them. Not that I’ve anything to hide but just to know. Thanks for the reply.

I don’t think they would access your phone records and texts without letting you know they would beforehand?

Paulo345 wrote: »
    I don’t think they would access your phone records and texts without letting you know they would beforehand?

They're looking at your social media posts to make sure you're suitably grey and not agitating to bring down the government or put an end to democracy. They aren't listening to your calls or checking your messages, not at this level of clearance.

Your social media will be checked inside out.

Just a heads up, don’t try to hide it cause they will find it and you will fail. They can see all your emails you’ve used throughout the years

Newbieee wrote: »
    Your social media will be checked inside out.

Just a heads up, don’t try to hide it cause they will find it and you will fail. They can see all your emails you’ve used throughout the years

I used to post on the bodybuilding.com forum about 10 years ago, i havent put the likes of that down as social media as theres no way i can remember the names of every account on every website ive used :(

• Advertisement

Also doesnt this forum count as social media? has anyone put this down on their vetting?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wyl91

Paulo345 wrote: »
    Also doesnt this forum count as social media? has anyone put this down on their vetting?

Personally I did but I agree it’s hard to remember everything

• Registered Users Posts: 31 RoboCop123

Did everyone declare forums/boards and online alias accounts on the vetting form? I personally can't remember every account I've created. I assumed the only information needed was social media accounts and personal email account?

When I applied I put down this forum.

Declare everything

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Belfast86

They only ask for your social media and email addresses.

If you were to declare all online forums you could have a shopping list and half forgotten about Sites!

I would say it’s similar to what mr chew said. They look at your social media accounts to see your not plotting to take the government down.

Unless of course you are in the service and applying for higher security position this is where they ask you in depth questions regarding your internet usage. Etc

Right now it’s the norm CTC, access Ni and social media content.

Fair enough, I however definitely declared this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Andimaul

I deactivated all my social media over two years ago therefore I assumed the only things I had to declare was my YouTube account and this forum.

I've done nothing but think about the vetting forms since I sent them off haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Boss20

Need some help! Anyone who has done their vetting forms...did you write N/A in every field that didn’t apply to you? Or did you leave them blank? In the guidance is says not to leave anything blank....but then in some cases it also says “fill out the fields that apply to you” or for example if you answered no to a question it tells you to skip to the next question...do I leave the rest blank or do I have to write N/A 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

Boss20 wrote: »
    Need some help! Anyone who has done their vetting forms...did you write N/A in every field that didn’t apply to you? Or did you leave them blank? In the guidance is says not to leave anything blank....but then in some cases it also says “fill out the fields that apply to you” or for example if you answered no to a question it tells you to skip to the next question...do I leave the rest blank or do I have to write N/A ��

Boss20, I would write N/A in the spaces that are just not applicable for you. From experience, it's always better to show that you have read the question and u think it's not applicable to you, rather than them assuming that you might have just skipped it by mistake OR it not being applicable to you. :) Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Boss20

mariyapsni wrote: »
    Boss20, I would write N/A in the spaces that are just not applicable for you. From experience, it's always better to show that you have read the question and u think it's not applicable to you, rather than them assuming that you might have just skipped it by mistake OR it not being applicable to you. :) Good luck

Thank you for your advice! Really appreciate it! Can’t wait to get it finished and sent away!

Advertisement