Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    I've just ordered an xbox series X off the microsoft irish store.

This may have been mentioned, If you go to the UK store, go to order the console and change the country it will bring you to the irish store where the console is in stock.

It's at the bottom left of the page to change country. Order through and email confirmation with me, delivery of 9/11

Yes, it has been 2mins ago! Haha

That didn't last long as it's out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

PsychoPete wrote: »
    That didn't last long as it's out of stock

Yup, I was just about to post it up. Saw the comments, tried again and its now out of stock on both pages.

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets cancelled but I have received order confirmation and an estimated delivery date. No charge taken on my card yet but the email did say I wouldn't be charged until shipment.

Update: just relaunched my KBC app and the full charge is now pending!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Do you have a link to that? I would have imagined that the USB ports would be all similar.

They are not mate, Digital Foundry did a piece on it. PS5 have much better Wifi and USB ports. PS5 went with WiFi 6 and Series X stuck with WiFi 5. PS5s USB ports cap out at 10Gbps and the Series X cap out at 5Gbps. Considerable differences.

I should point out that running internal SSD and a SSD expansion card on the Series X will become the norm so nothing to worry about really.

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Yup, I was just about to post it up. Saw the comments, tried again and its now out of stock on both pages.

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets cancelled but I have received order confirmation and an estimated delivery date. No charge taken on my card yet but the email did say I wouldn't be charged until shipment.

They are on the Poland and France sites so people might be able to order from that. I ordered from the UK site

I told a guy I know in the UK about the stock being available on their site, so he ordered. He then realised that he had put the wrong postcode so cancelled and tried to reorder, and it was out of stock.

He contacted Customer Support and they said there's an issue with the site at the moment, but there is more stock available, which will show up soon. No idea if he's talking rubbish or not, but it's a glimmer of hope for people who just missed out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭xtal191

They are on the Poland and France sites so people might be able to order from that. I ordered from the UK site

Italy too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Game UK are showing the X available for pre-order with delivery option to NI, I wonder could I get one via Parcel Motel ?

https://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-series-x-2831406?utm_source=RakutenMarketing&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=2116208:Skimlinks.com&utm_content=10&utm_term=UKNetwork&ranMID=42508&ranEAID=TnL5HPStwNw&ranSiteID=TnL5HPStwNw-_umQKifNW1ZZ7ucl.5BXYQ

"Deliveries to non-mainland UK addresses and remote locations (such as the Scottish Isles, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Ireland and the Scottish Highlands) may take longer to reach you."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the status of my xbox has also changed from pending to pre-ordered and money was taken from the card/account a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Game UK are showing the X available for pre-order with delivery option to NI, I wonder could I get one via Parcel Motel ?

https://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-series-x-2831406?utm_source=RakutenMarketing&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=2116208:Skimlinks.com&utm_content=10&utm_term=UKNetwork&ranMID=42508&ranEAID=TnL5HPStwNw&ranSiteID=TnL5HPStwNw-_umQKifNW1ZZ7ucl.5BXYQ

"Deliveries to non-mainland UK addresses and remote locations (such as the Scottish Isles, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Ireland and the Scottish Highlands) may take longer to reach you."

`se the disclaimer
    PLEASE NOTE: Any pre-orders placed from 24/10/20 are not guaranteed to be delivered on the release date of the Xbox Series X|S console (10/11/20)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jlynam

Just got asked to confirm payment by AIB for my order through the UK Microsoft store !

• Advertisement

Yep but this would be a christmas present for my son, so hopefully it would get there by then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Yep but this would be a christmas present for my son, so hopefully it would get there by then

Do it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Lads this thread is nearly moving as fast as the US presidential election thread :)

Good to know that external hD will just work once plugged in. Handy for transferring games to SSD. Must do a cull of games on my One X over the weekend and fill a HD with games I want on Series X

Gamestop finally got back to me requesting the same information that I gave them a couple of days so I'll see how this plays out

Ok sorry to be a pain, Game in UK or Microsoft France ? - neiother great options but MS be a better bet ?

Or wait to see if there's more stock on release date in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭antifyre

Ordered another through the MS UK store, payment pending auth received by PayPal... have a buyer lined up if I get two. Never going near Hamestop again.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Ok sorry to be a pain, Game in UK or Microsoft France ? - neiother great options but MS be a better bet ?

MS all day, why aren't they a good option? All EU orders probably come from the same warehouse regardless of country. No difference between MS France and MS Ireland I'd imagine.

Got this email from Gamestop, I pre ordered at 8:05am on September 22nd. F**k them anyway! If you are still waiting for contact from them I'd say you aren't getting a console at launch

20201104-125347.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jlynam

For those with AIB be aware that although they sent me a an authorisation message they declined the transaction. Got on to Microsoft support who told me to update my order with the same details and then it went through no problem.

rm212 wrote: »
    MS all day, why aren't they a good option? All EU orders probably come from the same warehouse regardless of country. No difference between MS France and MS Ireland I'd imagine.

Only minor issue being the plug, of course.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    Only minor issue being the plug, of course.

Yep, but they've asked which country its for so they might address it - in fairness its free delivery from there.

skerry wrote: »
    Lads this thread is nearly moving as fast as the US presidential election thread :)

Just when you think all is lost, gamestop come in at the last minute with the mail in ballots.

Yep, but they've asked which country its for so they might address it - in fairness its free delivery from there.

Seems to have gone through ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

antifyre wrote: »
    Ordered another through the MS UK store, payment pending auth received by PayPal... have a buyer lined up if I get two. Never going near Hamestop again.

I thought you had the confirmation that you secured a launch allocation unit? Did they tell you something different since?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Somehow got an order in on the .ie Microsoft site. I went to the UK site - switched country to the Ireland and was able to order.

Cancelling my 'Join the queue' order with Gamestop now!

Charged now on Revolut.

Also - Gamestop have cancelled my order.

Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Got this email from Gamestop, I pre ordered at 8:05am on September 22nd. F**k them anyway! If you are still waiting for contact from them I'd say you aren't getting a console at launch

20201104-125347.jpg

Their allocation was probably gone before the pre orders became available..

Some joke that they are allowed to sell pre orders 9 months before the pre orders become available..

bazzz wrote: »
    I thought you had the confirmation that you secured a launch allocation unit? Did they tell you something different since?

Nobody knows what securing a launch allocation unit means for stores that are closed or if you are outside 5km.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Jlynam wrote: »
    For those with AIB be aware that although they sent me a an authorisation message they declined the transaction. Got on to Microsoft support who told me to update my order with the same details and then it went through no problem.

I really don't get why banks would question a payment from a massive organisation like Microsoft who are not in the business of defrauding people.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Their allocation was probably gone before the pre orders became available..

Some joke that they are allowed to sell pre orders 9 months before the pre orders become available..

I'm so glad I went with MS.

GS were just not honest about the whole process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

murpho999 wrote: »
    I really don't get why banks would question a payment from a massive organisation like Microsoft who are not in the business of defrauding people.

They're not questioning Microsoft, they're verifying it was the card holder that made the transaction.

Advertisement