Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVII- 62,002 ROI (1,915 deaths) 39,609 NI (724 deaths) (02/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Folks

Level 5 isn't even a week old yet.
    We've no swabs data today.
    It's a Bank Holiday.
    We really should not be making any inferences from today alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Give over!

Nobody wants the case numbers to stay High nor live in lockdown.

The thread is riddled with alternative fact fantasists.

If you dare post anything but fantasy 'positive' news you automatically love lockdown and are a fear/scare/doom monger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭circadian

owlbethere wrote: »
    I reckon the doom and gloom merchants are fairly disappointed about the numbers coming down. They want to live in lockdown forever. The government should have sat tight at the level 3 or at least tried the level 4 for a week or 2.

I'm awfully disappointed in the numbers coming down. I love having to restrict my movements, not being able to bring the kids to see my mother, constantly working at home and having to cancel several holidays.

Christ what planet are some people on?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

eagle eye wrote: »
    Oh so now it's how much I drank. Lol.

I remember a couple of times when a bartender kept me on my own on a bottle of gin and would tell me when I'd drank a full bottle.

I drank gin when I got fed up drinking guinness. Always at least ten pints before I went on the gin.

Not to mention the crips.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭8k71ps

What's going on in Dublin to have such high numbers, around 250 for a few weeks. It doesn't look as if it's dropping.

Density, schools, and retail. I'd say by Dublin being a much younger county schools would have more of an impact. Also there is less of a "shock" impact from the imposing of new restrictions then in the rest of the country since Dublin moved to level 3.5+ 2 weeks before the other counties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

What's going on in Dublin to have such high numbers, around 250 for a few weeks. It doesn't look as if it's dropping.

It’s. The. Schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭manniot2

14 incidence per 100k among the lowest

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

No HSE operations reports since 23/10/2020. No testing results today
    Age group <1 added to the age affected data

26-10-2020-p1.jpg
    26-10-2020-p2.jpg
    26-10-2020-p3.jpg
    26-10-2020-p4.jpg

I reckon the doom and gloom merchants are fairly disappointed about the numbers coming down. They want to live in lockdown forever. The government should have sat tight at the level 3 or at least tried the level 4 for a week or 2.

You’ve gotten some negative responses to this but I agree.

I saw a poster yesterday suggesting the solution to people waiting on hospital trolleys is bans around alcohol, restrictions, curfews etc.

Sadly there are a number of people that love to have restrictions imposed on others.

I’ve seen numerous posts about our “drink culture “ and how we need to use Covid to “change” things.

I’ve also seen posts by people laughing off job losses in the hospitality, retail, entertainment and tourism sectors. The word “Upskill” was used. Because apparently everyone should aspire to be a lifelong public servant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Of course its how much you drank. That was always what I was questioning. As I stated in my very first reply, 400e for 3 nights out is not crazy by any stretch, taxis, entries into clubs or concert/match tickets. Food. A few expensive bottles of vodka/whisky for the table. Easily done in one night out let alone 3.

But you seem intent on claiming you personally drank 400e worth of alcohol every weekend. But then also claim you didn't have a drinking problem. So as I've said many times. You're delusional. I'm unsure what that delusion is though.

What in the godforsaken name of sweet Jebus has this to do with Covid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Of course its how much you drank. That was always what I was questioning. As I stated in my very first reply, 400e for 3 nights out is not crazy by any stretch, taxis, entries into clubs or concert/match tickets. Food. A few expensive bottles of vodka/whisky for the table. Easily done in one night out let alone 3.

But you seem intent on claiming you personally drank 400e worth of alcohol every weekend. But then also claim you didn't have a drinking problem. So as I've said many times. You're delusional. I'm unsure what that delusion is though.
    Jesus Christ. Give it a rest, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,669 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Today's numbers just shows the exponential growth that is often talked about by the experts. These numbers are going to keep on climbing and see-sawing about the place.

I said a few weeks ago we will be seeing a 1000 cases a day soon but I estimated halloween time. I never would have thought to see it so early in October.

Now I know the reason why NHPET was pushing for a level 5 last week. To get the numbers down as much as possible before the Christmas otherwise it will turn it a very dark Christmas for many people and families.

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭JP100

Why are folk fighting over how much they can drink in a week in a Covid thread?! Bizzare!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Level 3 doesn't work. Will need level 5 to take effect in a week or so to start to see drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭mcburns07

JP100 wrote: »
    Why are folk fighting over how much they can drink in a week in a Covid thread?! Bizzare!

You must be new around here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

JP100 wrote: »

Are the drinks with or without a 9euro meal? If it's without then both posters should be BANNED

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Level 3 doesn't work. Will need level 5 to take effect in a week or so to start to see drops.

I hope level 5 works. We got it down before so it can be done. But not sure about the schools being open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

circadian wrote: »
    I'm awfully disappointed in the numbers coming down. I love having to restrict my movements, not being able to bring the kids to see my mother, constantly working at home and having to cancel several holidays.

Christ what planet are some people on?

What is America doing not controlling covid? People can be re-infected, so how is not controlling covid a good idea?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Just talking to my mother earlier today.

She said she had a headache and tiredness the past few weeks.

Headache and fatigue are key symptoms of covid. I don't think enough people are aware of that. Not everyone develops cough or fever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

What is America doing not controlling covid? People can be re-infected, so how is not controlling covid a good idea?

There's only been a handful of re-infections worldwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Covid can made people dumber, dumber people vote for dumbos.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

The more I see you post the more I think you are just posting for a reaction. Twice in a few hours you've posted the same bull**** and not once have you commented on any of the replies.

No one is disappointed that the numbers came down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

You’ve gotten some negative responses to this but I agree.

I saw a poster yesterday suggesting the solution to people waiting on hospital trolleys is bans around alcohol, restrictions, curfews etc.

Sadly there are a number of people that love to have restrictions imposed on others.

I’ve seen numerous posts about our “drink culture “ and how we need to use Covid to “change” things.

I’ve also seen posts by people laughing off job losses in the hospitality, retail, entertainment and tourism sectors. The word “Upskill” was used. Because apparently everyone should aspire to be a lifelong public servant.

There was no need for a level 5. Level 3 would ha e been more than enough.

Boggles wrote: »
    tenor.gif

Level 3/level 4 at a push would have been more than enough

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Just talking to my mother earlier today.

She said she had a headache and tiredness the past few weeks.

Headache and fatigue are key symptoms of covid. I don't think enough people are aware of that. Not everyone develops cough or fever.

Could even be what feels like a cold as well. The lady from the Galway nursing home last week on the radio said she had what felt like a head cold.

It's a weird virus. Mild enough that you'd think nothing of it and continue on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,502 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

There was no need for a level 5. Level 3 would ha e been more than enough.

For how long would you have tried level 3? The case numbers so far in areas longest at level 3 don't support your hypotheses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Level 3/level 4 at a push would have been more than enough

Weren't you advocating for an Australian type lockdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

I think we might have too many hospital beds. If we didn't have so many the hospital numbers wouldn't be as high as they are

• Advertisement

petes wrote: »
    The more I see you post the more I think you are just posting for a reaction. Twice in a few hours you've posted the same bull**** and not once have you commented on any of the replies.

No one is disappointed that the numbers came down.

Level 5 was far too restrictive. I was never in favour of a level 5 last week. Level 3 wasn't given enough time countrywide. If we had to love up a level, a 4 would have been enough.

The levels doesn't make a tap of sense now considering the government is willing to chop and change as they please. The numbers are coming down now and they could easily reduce the levels restrictions over the next few more weeks like we could go in for a level 4 next week, a level 3 the week after if the numbers continue to drop. Instead it's a level 5 throughout for the next 4/5/6 weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement