Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVII- 62,002 ROI (1,915 deaths) 39,609 NI (724 deaths) (02/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Dublin still just hanging around the mid 200s like a bold bastard.

Level 3 will never fix Dublin i think that's clear now

Got to move to Leitrim or wherever it is with good Broadband.

That's probably the way this will go for those who can WFH and be mobile.

Who'd a thunk it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

What was the case positivity rate in NI today do we know?

A little over 25%.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Dublin still just hanging around the mid 200s like a bold bastard.

Level 3 will never fix Dublin i think that's clear now

Its not in level 3 so that doesnt really matter anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

odyssey06 wrote: »
    If Biden wins, he won't have executive powers until 20th January... that's three months that this pandemic could be raging while a lame duck Trump abdicates any responsibility for it. Not good.

yup. if trump loses, he will sulk for the next two and a half months and do nothing but tweet conspiracy theories. the pandemic will spiral completely out of control (even more than it already is). it's about to get real ****ty over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,904 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

odyssey06 wrote: »
    If Biden wins, he won't have executive powers until 20th January... that's three months that this pandemic could be raging while a lame duck Trump abdicates any responsibility for it. Not good.

True, but the new political reality will be evident in Congress, even before the new Congress itself takes office on 3rd January. If Trump is history, some moderate Republicans will have no reason not to act with Dems to assign funding as appropriate to begin supporting intervention measures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭PopTarts

As an indicator for tomorrow are we at about 62635 positives?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,656 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

redarmy wrote: »
    939 new confirmed cases of #Covid19 in the Republic of Ireland

3 new deaths reported, not specified when these occurred.

Hospital 341 confirmed cases in hospitals (+26), 38 confirmed cases in ICU.

That's a big hospital increase

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Cork and Galway cases seem to be going down which is good.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

32 counties in the island of Ireland.
    mloc123 wrote: »
    The island yes... The country is 26 however.

Not the right thread for this

Edit: OK having deleted close to 40 posts relating to this 26 vs 32 county nonsense I will say that the thread was seriously derailed by all of that and any more of it will mean an immediate threadban. Plenty of other threads to air your views on that, this is not one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,731 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

The DOW is down because Biden and the Democrats will bring in thousands of pointless regulations.

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2018/november/nation-of-criminals-build-your-own-pond-face-20-million-in-penalties-or-even-prison

You get your news from interesting places.

Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN)

"CBN News combines both secular and religious news with a strong Christian right bias. There is the moderate use of loaded emotional language such as this: Half of Pastors Worry They’ll Offend Someone if They Preach on Controversial Topics. This story is appropriately sourced to credible media such as CBS News. Editorially CBN holds right-leaning viewpoints and reports favorably on President Trump. When it comes to science, CBN holds a skeptical view of climate change and evolution."

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/christian-broadcasting-network-cbn/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Not that long ago we were seeing posts claiming level three was working in Dublin 🙈

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Stheno wrote: »
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54688846

Liege in Belgium has 1 in 3 of those who can get tested testing positive and they are asking doctors who are infected but asymptomatic to keep working :(

Poland looking bad too.

Setting up cars parks for Covid patients, hospitals full.

Ambulances with Covid patients waiting hours outside until someone leaves/dies like we saw in Wuhan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

7 day average today is 1014 compared to 1100 last week.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    That's a big hospital increase
    We shall see tomorrow. In general hospital discharges can be slow at a weekend.

I do agree it is somewhat worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54688846

Liege in Belgium has 1 in 3 of those who can get tested testing positive and they are asking doctors who are infected but asymptomatic to keep working :(

Hopefully covid positive asymptomatic staff or those with antibodies are working with covid positive patients.
    Caveat and none of the staff are false postives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Today's numbers are a little disappointing I would say. But hard to draw any real conclusions until we get the swab data tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,690 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Don't put a hex on that FGS. But I get your hopefullness.

We shall see. Probably won't see the results for weeks anyway.

The record turnout for early voting means his time is more than likely up. Republicans tend to vote on the day. Donald will console himself with the idea that the election was rigged, the fake media were part of the conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I wouldn’t get too excited, it’s a bank holiday weekend.

Be interesting to see where we are by the end of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

Yep stubbornly stuck there

Hopefully it starts to decrease later this week

When level 5 kicks in in about 10 days we'll see Dublin numbers fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

Its not in level 3 so that doesnt really matter anymore

It is relevant when the goal when we leave level 5 is going back to level 3

• Advertisement

It is relevant when the goal when we leave level 5 is going back to level 3

Well level 3 does seem to give stability, so if numbers to down as they should in level 5, it is very low risk to move to level 3. Level 2 in December, on the other hand, sounds pretty risky to me

Today's numbers are a little disappointing I would say. But hard to draw any real conclusions until we get the swab data tomorrow.

We just need to hold steady until Level 5 kicks in next week sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Well level 3 does seem to give stability, so if numbers to down as they should in level 5, it is very low risk to move to level 3. Level 2 in December, on the other hand, sounds pretty risky to me

Might be risky but I'm not sure the government can afford not to at least have the travel aspect of level 2 as people will travel to see friends, family, partners at Christmas no matter what level the government say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Longing

So on average we have dropped less than a 100 cases. Not good at all. We need to be dropping more on a weekly basis. This day week we need to be less than 800 average. If we a striving for level 3. But I think it will be level 2 opening for December.

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Might be risky but I'm not sure the government can afford not to at least have the travel aspect of level 2 as people will travel to see friends, family, partners at Christmas no matter what level the government say

Sorry, yes, they will definitely let people travel. Don't think they'll open pubs/restaurants though

Breakdown of contact tracing last weekend meant 1400 cases approx slipped through the cracks over the last week.

Some people did their own contact tracing to an extent. Others didn't. We don't know how many did.

My negative mind suggests 700 slipped through the cracks and things are basically flat for the week.

Longing wrote: »
    So on average we have dropped less than a 100 cases. Not good at all. We need to be dropping more on a weekly basis. This day week we need to be less than 800 average. If we a striving for level 3. But I think it will be level 2 opening for December.

We are dropping under Level 3 restrictions. That is very positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Sorry, yes, they will definitely let people travel. Don't think they'll open pubs/restaurants though

Agree about travel and pubs. I think they might leave actual restaurants open.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Level 3 didn't give stability in Dublin, it just slowed down the rise in cases.

It may work when we get to the stage that we don't have many cases. It may prevent another lockdown if we stick at level 3 when we come out of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

I've never been so randy for some swab results.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement