Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,854 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

OS_Head wrote: »
    Ok, then, to prove me wrong. Prove to me that you're not simply into character assassination and are interested in policies and actions. To anyone else who cares to reply. Name one thing from the Trump presidency that you approve of. Name a couple, anything, whatever comes to your mind first. You're bound to think of something pretty quickly if you're not suffering TDS.

Oh btw, in case you're not aware. TDS is a real thing. shorturl.at/cghoK

I would say defeating ISIS's caliphate and the killing of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
    He has also provided great comedy value people like Samantha Bee, john oliver etc have really knocked it out of the park, in a really factual and entertaining way.

Bar that I am struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

And if you continue to remember the rest of my point (that the moderators have deleted) is that this thread is, in my opinion, just so others can spew out MSM's TDS talking points. I was hoping for a little more insight from what I presumed were Irish posters. Being a little detached from what was going on across the pond and unaffected by the TDS that seems to prevail everywhere. Seem's I was wrong. The TDS is strong here. Pointing this out, colourful language or not, gets the post deleted. So yeah, TDS infected echo chamber, I stand by my first statement.

But Trump deliberately says controversial things and lies a lot. He does this on purpose to keep the stories tucking over and things focussed on him. It's impossible to have a discussion because it's impossible to stay on one topic for long enough.

But if you wish to have a discussion, please start one. Do you think focusing on the coronavirus is unfair to him? Do you think he's done a good job in this regard?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Ok, then, to prove me wrong. Prove to me that you're not simply into character assassination and are interested in policies and actions. To anyone else who cares to reply. Name one thing from the Trump presidency that you approve of. Name a couple, anything, whatever comes to your mind first. You're bound to think of something pretty quickly if you're not suffering TDS.

Alec Baldwin being Trump on SNL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭OS_Head

Well OK, here's mine. He is the first president not start a new war since Reagan. I believe the Democrats, the Deep state and MSM are colluding to aid the corporate and industrial war complex.

But let me make this easier for anyone willing to partake. Is there anything that Trump should be impeached for, if so then elaborate just a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭moon2

Well OK, here's mine. He is the first president not start a new war since Reagan. I believe the Democrats, the Deep state and MSM are colluding to aid the corporate and industrial war complex.

But let me make this easier for anyone willing to partake. Is there anything that Trump should be impeached for, if so then elaborate just a little.

He has been impeached :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

Bringing attention to the fact that elites are screwing the American working people over. Pretty much the reason people switched from Bernie to Trump.

I'm just not sure that anything was done about it bar bringing attention to it.

No foreign wars.

Getting rid of NAFTA.

Economy on a heater.

So outweighed by the rubbish though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Not starting a war has been a matter of luck, for all of us. When you think one of his cabinet, was going to church regularly to pray as that was all he had to stop Trump starting a war, if he was in the humour.

Midlife wrote: »
    But if you wish to have a discussion, please start one. Do you think focusing on the coronavirus is unfair to him? Do you think he's done a good job in this regard?

I think it's been unfair to all the leaders of the world. The best estimates from etymologists back when it started was it would kill over 2 million Americans and by this stage up to 15 million people world wide. These number are pretty wide of the mark. Notwithstanding that any one person can be held responsible for any of those numbers. We are all in this together and we are all responsible in certain ways. When Trump banned all travel from China, he was accused of being racist and over reactionary. He tried to stop all traffic into New York from Europe. It was opposed by Cuomo who went on to preside over one of the worst affected regions of this pandemic. Trump sent him the hospital ship which he didn't use. Instead he put the sick into nursing homes. He, MSM and the Democrat blame their deaths on Trump. No matter what decisions and statement he made they were either opposed or taking out of context. Pelosi walking down Chinatown telling everyone it's safe, or de Blasio telling the media it was safe and the flu was worse. So putting the blame on Trump for the pandemic is pretty reaching IMO. But the Democrats will say anything to get elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Water John wrote: »
    Not starting a war has been a matter of luck, for all of us. When you think one of his cabinet, was going to church regularly to pray as that was all he had to stop Trump starting a war, if he was in the humour.

Indeed, the killing of Bagdahdi and the way it was done whether justified or not brought the US incredibly close to war.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I think it's been unfair to all the leaders of the world. The best estimates from etymologists back when it started was it would kill over 2 million Americans and by this stage up to 15 million people world wide. These number are pretty wide of the mark. Notwithstanding that any one person can be held responsible for any of those numbers. We are all in this together and we are all responsible in certain ways. When Trump banned all travel from China, he was accused of being racist and over reactionary. He tried to stop all traffic into New York from Europe. It was opposed by Cuomo who went on to preside over one of the worst affected regions of this pandemic. Trump sent him the hospital ship which he didn't use. Instead he put the sick into nursing homes. He, MSM and the Democrat blame their deaths on Trump. No matter what decisions and statement he made they were either opposed or taking out of context. Pelosi walking down Chinatown telling everyone it's safe, or de Blasio telling the media it was safe and the flu was worse. So putting the blame on Trump for the pandemic is pretty reaching IMO. But the Democrats will say anything to get elected.

Did he ban all travel from China?

• Advertisement

Water John wrote: »

I have to disagree with you. It's the industrial war complex who own the swamp and MSM. Trump is not as influenced by them as either party.

He has started peace talks in earnest with the Taliban. Got signed deals that are intended to normalize relations in the Middle East and in Serbia. Pulled out of the Iran deal. Only one reason they are trying to get the bomb.

The previous administration created ISIS and dropped more bombs than any in living memory. I once heard they actually ran out of bombs because they dropped so many, which is how Obama got the nickname of Oboma. So I don't think it was a matter of luck. Trump has made US energy independent by increasing fracking. Weather you agree with this or not, they are now not dependent on oil from the middle east. This could mean no more American led wars there.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

All, Just a reminder about the forum rules and the expectation of the standards required here.

Please review the forum rules and keep the standards up.

salmocab wrote: »
    Did he ban all travel from China?

From what I remember, He did ban all travel from China in February. Though, many people traveled via to other countries like Thailand, Hong Kong and Singapore to get to the States.

From what I remember, He did ban all travel from China in February. Though, many people traveled via to other countries like Thailand, Hong Kong and Singapore to get to the States.

He wasnt accused of racism for banning travel he was accised of racism for calling it the China Virus.

Also even though he did ban travel from China he then spent the next month minimising the virus and doing nothing while it spread quietly through the US completely negating any postives from the travel ban.

Bush Derangement Syndrome was a real thing. TDS in comparison is a joke. Trump simply is that bad.

moon2 wrote: »
    He has been impeached :)

The Senate acquitted Trump of these charges on February 5, 2020. Turns out MSM and the Democrats led by Clinton spent the previous 3 years trying to set him up. It was all false, made up and not true. If it were, he wouldn't be the president now.

Bush Derangement Syndrome was a real thing. TDS in comparison is a joke. Trump simply is that bad.

Well you're simply attacking his perceived character (which I'm not a huge fan of either, but I'm coming round, I like the way he trolls the left) and what you've been told by MSM. If you really want to judge his time in office you should pay attention to his actions and achievements.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

No I think he banned non Americans coming in from China but there were plenty of flights.

salmocab wrote: »
    No I think he banned non Americans coming in from China but there were plenty of flights.

It's probably unconstitutional to ban you're own citizens from coming home. I know you think he's bad, though correct me if i'm wrong, but he wouldn't that. He says he's for the citizens of the US, first and foremost.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

The Senate acquitted Trump of these charges on February 5, 2020. Turns out MSM and the Democrats led by Clinton spent the previous 3 years trying to set him up. It was all false, made up and not true. If it were, he wouldn't be the president now.

Still impeached though. Acquitted of crimes. Led by Clinton? Srsly? Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

VinLieger wrote: »
    He wasnt accused of racism for banning travel he was accised of racism for calling it the China Virus.

No he was literally accused of racism for the ban. Pelosi went to the Chinese NY to stick it to him ffs. The whole NY health Officials chastised him for it also

It's probably unconstitutional to ban you're own citizens from coming home. I know you think he's bad, though correct me if i'm wrong, but he wouldn't that. He says he's for the citizens of the US, first and foremost.

He says a lot, very rarely is anything true.

The majority of the people on the Grand Princess were american yet he publicly stated he didnt want to let them off cus he didnt want the US numbers to go up, he cared more about covid numbers than his citizens and this is just one example.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

No he was literally accused of racism for the ban. Pelosi went to the Chinese NY to stick it to him ffs. The whole NY health Officials chastised him for it also
    Pelosi went to Chinatown to help defuse the rise in racist attacks on Asian Americans that went up coincident with tge travel ban. Same day Trump said Covid would disappear. And btw US citizens in China weren't banned from returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭abff

Mitch McConnell announced that the senate was going to acquit Trump before they even heard the evidence. Hardly a fair court and certainly far from providing any assertion that he was innocent of the charges. They acted totally politically without any regard for the facts of the case.

Well you're simply attacking his perceived character (which I'm not a huge fan of either, but I'm coming round, I like the way he trolls the left) and what you've been told by MSM. If you really want to judge his time in office you should pay attention to his actions and achievements.

Perceived character? I've watched his press conferences and read his tweets. Straight from the man himself. He's an utterly incompetent man child.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

Igotadose wrote: »
    Pelosi went to Chinatown to help defuse the rise in racist attacks on Asian Americans that went up coincident with tge travel ban. Same day Trump said Covid would disappear. And btw US citizens in China weren't banned from returning.

She went to tell people to go outside, she said the ban was racist. This is on record. The whole establishment said it was racist and that the virus was not dangerous at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Midlife wrote: »
    Bringing attention to the fact that elites are screwing the American working people over. Pretty much the reason people switched from Bernie to Trump.

I'm just not sure that anything was done about it bar bringing attention to it.

No foreign wars.

Getting rid of NAFTA.

Economy on a heater.

So outweighed by the rubbish though.

The replacement was basically the same thing with very minor tweaks.

He made some first steps towards criminal justice reform. Like everything else he had so much political capital he could have done so much more that would have helped him win the election but didn't bother.

VinLieger wrote: »

Also even though he did ban travel from China he then spent the next month minimising the virus and doing nothing while it spread quietly through the US completely negating any postives from the travel ban.

What were Bidens words on the travel ban? "Hysterical Xenophobia!". It was all over leftist media. I believe he continued to call it the China Virus because they were calling him racist anyway.

Besides, saying something is politically correct or not, simply by saying it is, is not how that works. The WHO changed the naming of diseases back in 2015. So was the WHO and everyone else racist only a few years ago. I think not.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,287 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Apparently Biden is going to throw all sorts of sh1t at trump tonight regarding

Numerous Affairs with hookers including victims of trafficking
    Alleged abortions he demanded and paid for
    Drug abuse by Trump, his ex wife and his children
    Alleged drug trafficking by Eric Trump
    “Kompromat” by Russia - videos of trump in extremely compromised positions
    Serious fraud by Trump companies involving his children
    Secret Chinese bank accounts and debts owed to Chinese
    Huge debts he owes to Russia individuals and North Korea
    Huge debts he owes to Deutsche Bank
    Blatant incidents of racism and sexism

• Advertisement

Igotadose wrote: »
    Still impeached though. Acquitted of crimes. Led by Clinton? Srsly? Lol

FBI Lied To FISA Court In Russiagate Investigation. How did Russiagate get started? It started under false premises with the FBI and the FISA applications.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement