Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,004 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

looksee wrote: »
    You could not make it up!

This is nbc quoting an interview on Fox news. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/live-blog/2020-10-22-trump-biden-election-n1244210/ncrd1244265#liveBlogHeader

Why would Trump want to get into a discussion on who is beholden to China?

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Every accusation is an admission.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Kristi Noem from South Dakota ticks all those boxes.

I'd also suggest that someone like Josh Hawley would be throwing his hat into the ring.

Pompeo also absolutely wants a shot , if he can "get away clean" from the current administration in the event of a Trump loss.

Noem probably will be VP.

Its very hard to know really who they pick in 2024.

The party is still controlled by the libertarian free market neocon type crew who are pretty divorced from the base but always seem to get it done.

Trump was probably the first in a long time to be able to squash all those chosen by the donors such as Rubio and Cruz, but its doubtful it can happen again.

If it's the base that choose it could be someone like Hawley , but realistically the donors will want a neocon ghoul like Hailey, Crenshaw etc.

Tucker Carlson is probably the only person who I think could run on a similar Trumpism type ticket and win, but doubt he wants the gig.

If he was to though he'd win.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The rallies are pointless. Makes him look like a joke.

Well trump looks the same then ? At least Obama sounded like a sane human being(even if you don’t agree with him) unlike trump where it’s a grievance world tour of rambling. Even reading the transcripts of trump talking are very hard to read and make his allegation that Biden is losing it hard to take given trump rambles and has no point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well trump looks the same then ? At least Obama sounded like a sane human being(even if you don’t agree with him) unlike trump where it’s a grievance world tour of rambling. Even reading the transcripts of trump talking are very hard to read and make his allegation that Biden is losing it hard to take given trump rambles and has no point.

Trump's rallies are packed. Biden's are usually a few cars, some farm animals maybe. Terrible optics.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Trump's rallies are packed. Biden's are usually a few cars, some farm animals maybe. Terrible optics.

Yes terrible optics but not the way you think. One is trying to not kill people.

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Noem probably will be VP.

Its very hard to know really who they pick in 2024.

The party is still controlled by the libertarian free market neocon type crew who are pretty divorced from the base but always seem to get it done.

Trump was probably the first in a long time to be able to squash all those chosen by the donors such as Rubio and Cruz, but its doubtful it can happen again.

If it's the base that choose it could be someone like Hawley , but realistically the donors will want a neocon ghoul like Hailey, Crenshaw etc.

Tucker Carlson is probably the only person who I think could run on a similar Trumpism type ticket and win, but doubt he wants the gig.

If he was to though he'd win.

I actually like Tucker a lot. He could have a comfortable life out of the spotlight and instead chose to fight the good fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Have you ever seen how Biden reacts when confronted with difficult questions?

You mean leading questions based on conspiracy theories?

Have you ever seen how trump reacts to the easiest of questions?

https://youtu.be/Qw0T9RK0GrA?t=91

No video dumps please.

VinLieger wrote: »
    You mean leading questions based on conspiracy theories?

Have you ever seen how trump reacts to the easiest of questions?

https://youtu.be/Qw0T9RK0GrA?t=91

The difference is that Trump is talking to a reporter and he is restrained. Biden attacks potential voters in an extremely aggressive and unhinged manner.

I certainly wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of that man. He's abusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 df02169

That is the funniest post of the day.

• Advertisement

I actually like Tucker a lot. He could have a comfortable life out of the spotlight and instead chose to fight the good fight.

Tucker Carlson is good for a laugh now and then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Christy42

The difference is that Trump is talking to a reporter and he is restrained. Biden attacks potential voters in an extremely aggressive and unhinged manner.

I feel like you have the names mixed up there. Trump has never been able to restrain himself. The reason they have mute buttons now is because Trump is mentally incapable of following rules he agreed to several minutes earlier.

The "insult" they tried to throw at Biden after his town hall was that he was too soft calling him Mr. Rogers. Mr. Rogers would generally be considered the opposite of aggressive and unhinged.

Christy42 wrote: »
    I feel like you have the names mixed up there. Trump has never been able to restrain himself. The reason they have mute buttons now is because Trump is mentally incapable of following rules he agreed to several minutes earlier.

The "insult" they tried to throw at Biden after his town hall was that he was too soft calling him Mr. Rogers. Mr. Rogers would generally be considered the opposite of aggressive and unhinged.

There is a difference between confronting a political opponent in a debate or a journalist asking leading question and attacking and humiliating a potential voter.

Biden is nasty.

This is also the man Fox said shouldn't be believed so they could get out of a lawsuit. The man isn't to be taken seriously and that is his employer saying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Watch ANY if Trumps "rallies"

He gets off the plane, walks a few meters to the stage. Repeats the same thing over and over that hebhas said at his last 10 rallies.

His zealots cheer/whoop/holler and he gets back on his plane thinking he has done a great job.

Here's the kicker though, if Trump didn't do those "rallies" those same people would still vote for him. This is just ego stroking for Trump, he isn't gaining any new voters and in fact if any people get sick from these maskless circle jerks then Trump will more than likely lose voters.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

And ? Terrible optics to you maybe but it’s been done the safe way as clearly the Biden campaign give a **** about their supporters unlike trump who’s trying to happy talk away a virus that isn’t gone away and isn’t gone away yet.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    And ? Terrible optics to you maybe but it’s been done the safe way as clearly the Biden campaign give a **** about their supporters unlike trump who’s trying to happy talk away a virus that isn’t gone away and isn’t gone away yet.

Or maybe no one cares to turn up for Biden because he is boring and his voters are motivated by one thing only. Irrational hatred for Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

At a rally the other day, in Erie Pennsylvania, Trump stated that he never intended coming back and only for the virus, and his drop in the polls, he wouldn't have bothered.

It was gas hearing this muted cheering from the crowd. Yeah, do Trump, you think we are pointless and you hate having to bother waiting your time. GOOOOOO Erie!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Or maybe no one cares to turn up for Biden because he is boring and his voters are motivated by one thing only. Irrational hatred for Trump.

Let's just suppose for a second that Trump is wiped out in 2 weeks?
    That Biden doesn't just hit 270? But that he sweeps the board, the battleground states and even perhaps flips a few red states?

How would that square with your theory of Trump's motivated core, versus rabid Trump haters?

Unlike Trump

The Face of a Dog!

We've tried diet, spa, a trainer, incentives. ... Forget it, the way she's going she'd eat the whole gymnasium.

I did try and **** her. She was married. I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping. … I moved on her like a bitch, but I couldn’t get there and she was married… Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony tits and everything.

Can you imagine the parents of Kelli ... when she said, ‘Mom, Dad, I just fell in love with a big, fat pig named Rosie’? Can you imagine the expression on their face?

Rosie O'Donnell is disgusting — both inside and out. If you take a look at her, she's a slob. How does she even get on television? If I were running The View, I'd fire Rosie. I'd look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers and say, ‘Rosie, you're fired.’ We're all a little chubby but Rosie's just worse than most of us. But it's not the chubbiness — Rosie is a very unattractive person, both inside and out.

And many many more disgusting insults here

https://apps.voxmedia.com/graphics/vox-trump-misogny-timeline/

• Advertisement

There is a difference between confronting a political opponent in a debate or a journalist asking leading question and attacking and humiliating a potential voter.

Biden is nasty.

You mean how Trump decided a woman must have been on her period to have asked such a hard question? Or mocking reporters. Repeatedly his administration has shown outright hostility to reporters who ask anything but the most softball questions. He has long built a campaign on hatred and abuse.

Tear gassing peaceful demonstrators in Washington. They are all potential voters. Giving out about a veteran for getting captured. The guy was in his party, that should have been an easy potential vote to get. How about his response to the families of all the victims of his failed battle against covid. It is what it is. Playground bully nicknames for all political opponents, including Democrats. Offering to pay legal fees for anyone who punched a demonstrator at his rally.

I feel like I am forgetting 100 things because that man is so horrific on a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,015 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

robinph wrote: »
    More likely to get Bush II out for those purposes, he is younger than Trump (OK, so there is only a month in it, but still).

Trump will be screaming from the background for a couple of years, but in 4 years time both him and Biden will be glad of a comfy chair in a quiet corner of a retirement home for former presidents if they are still around. The media will have no reason to pay Trump any notice after a few months, whatever other media nonsense he gets up to with creating his own network or something the rest of the media can ignore him soon enough.

I wouldn't be surprised if Biden makes it through 4 years he steps down and you then have Harris running against whoever else gets put against her. Would just need Biden to last 4 years so that she could then still be counted as going for the first term in 2024 rather than 2nd if she has to step up beforehand.

Seems like wishful thinking.

Media companies have plenty of reasons, the millions dollars they can earn from ratings he brings in. Like it or not, right wing media will have him on whenever he wants as he has been the face of the GOP for 6 years now and even CNN and others have consistently shown, even in 2020, that they'll have on whatever right wing personality that will give that 'perspective', i.e. ratings from conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

This could have gone terribly wrong.

https://www.volkskrant.nl/nieuws-achtergrond/dutch-ethical-hacker-logs-into-trump-s-twitter-account~badaa815/?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2Fn4sKLJYGop

"On Friday morning, almost absentmindedly, Gevers tries a number of passwords and their variations. On the fifth attempt: bingo! He tries ‘maga2020!’ (short for make America great again) and suddenly finds himself in the Twitter account of the American President. He is flabbergasted. Gevers: ‘I expected to be blocked after four failed attempts. Or at least would be asked to provide additional information.’ None of that."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Seems like wishful thinking.

Media companies have plenty of reasons, the millions dollars they can earn from ratings he brings in. Like it or not, right wing media will have him on whenever he wants as he has been the face of the GOP for 6 years now and even CNN and others have consistently shown, even in 2020, that they'll have on whatever right wing personality that will give that 'perspective', i.e. ratings from conflict.

But the obligation to cover the words of Trump because of his job will be gone. Other than him doing something particularly daft, after 6 months he's just a crazy old man with zero power. He might have some influence over the other cultists, but surely they will be wanting a fresh face to follow once they realise he can't actually do anything anymore.

Once his power to sign executive orders and promise to do something significant in "2 weeks time" is gone he's of no use to them.

Will he finally have to pay for his security detail? I think Clinton changed the rules such that former presidents, after him, would no longer be entitled to free lifetime secret service cover to the same level. Will his security now expect to be paid for protecting him and have free accommodation at Mar A Lago instead of paying him for the service?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Fox were interviewing one of the debate officials and in fairness he seemed totally reasonable.

He did mention there was an issue with the perception that some moderators were biased and they were looking to address that in the future.

I don't think there will be any muting malarkey.

As far as I understand it its all controlled by a clock not the moderator. Each candidate is given 2 minutes to speak on the topic and for those 2 minutes the other persons mic is muted. Then when they've both had their 2 minutes both mics are unmuted and they're free to shout over each other as much as they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

Trump released the 60 Minutes interview on Facebook.

I'm halfway through. So far it's just Don responding to most of the things with "It's unfair", "You wouldn't ask Joe Biden that question" and shouting conspiracy theories at the host. It's fascinating.

Also, he needs to make up his mind about Covid. He can't be switching between "It's not that dangerous, Barron didn't even know he had it" and "I saved millions of lives".

Trump released the 60 Minutes interview on Facebook.

I'm halfway through. So far it's just Don responding to most of the things with "It's unfair", "You wouldn't ask Joe Biden that question" and shouting conspiracy theories at the host. It's fascinating.

Also, he needs to make up his mind about Covid. He can't be switching between "It's not that dangerous, Barron didn't even know he had it" and "I saved millions of lives".

Just finished it myself, I don't know how he thinks he came across good in that but hey, its Trump and he believes everything he does is brilliant.

I'm sure his zealots will be along shortly to tell me I'm wrong and explain what Trump "really meant" when he gave those whinging answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

https://twitter.com/arlenparsa/status/1319302033879535617

What a complete child. Doesn't like try questions so off he goes...loser.

Are they going to release the full thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Rubbish as per usual. Although considering Trump is about the most ignorant and self centred person to ever hold a public office, I personally wouldn't blame them for picking a candidate with even an ounce of human dignity over the Great Leader himself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement