Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVII- 62,002 ROI (1,915 deaths) 39,609 NI (724 deaths) (02/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

nthclare wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll be ok I just needed to get all that off my chest.

I know sometimes I can make off the cuff comments on certain subjects on boards, it's more of an observation rather than an opinion lol

I'm going to embrace the woods this day, you never know a sasquatch may join me in the shed for a cuppa tea before it gets dark lol.
    Or the local Puca, it gets creepy at night but I like all that intriguing folklore etc

I might even stay over some night as I have all the facilities, bar a bed but I could put something together...

Enjoy it I might as well...

Well today it's going to piss rain again like yesterday so brace for that. My fella works outdoors and yesterday was a deluge. Still, it washes away other troubles pitted against the elements. But after todays rain Wednesday will be okay with the 2 days after that being a bit better. Its a beautiful time of the year in the woods. The colours. The light. Squirrels. Enjoy. Things could be better but things could be a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Hubertj wrote: »
    He was going on about 0 Covid again and suggesting the whole of Europe does it. Then he contradicted NPHET modelling by saying we would still have 300-400 cases a day by early December. He also suggested that MM said last night it will be level 3 after that until there is a vaccine. Another lockdown in February. I presume it is because he wants his 0 Covid tripe.
    It should be debated with other public health experts, not just a 1 sided radio interview.

Ciara Kelly is on now. She seems to be the one decenting voice in the media against lockdown. Breakfast on newstalk will be my only news show for the foreseeable I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

pc7 wrote: »
    Do you need a letter to go to work if essential (construction), or is it scouts honour if stopped by the guards?

Would a Hard hat in the passenger seat do?

Theres going to be 100,000s more essential workers this time round..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

pc7 wrote: »
    Do you need a letter to go to work if essential (construction), or is it scouts honour if stopped by the guards?

You won't need a letter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

https://apnews.com/fc4c536d62c5ef25152884adb1c14168

Looks like the cold storage solution for vaccine distribution isn't a solution for 3 billion people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

This will be a big revealer on transmission in schools. If it's as bad as many think, we won't see cases flatten the way they did earlier in the year so what do they do in December when cases are still relatively high? It's a mad time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

He wants a pan EU response involving shutting down all travel. He would have rather had 10 weeks of level 5. He thinks we'll get down to 300 cases per day in December and then be back in level 5 by the end of January.

He's off his rocker if he thinks we'll be getting down to 300 a day by December.

Question on the household bubbles. Do we know is it acceptable to form a household bubble with an elderly parent in another county? If stop by the guards, do you just say - "going to visit my household bubble guard".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

I looked in there a couple of times and just came out laughing. More than likely a few cranks still living with the mammy posting from the bedroom. I pity them tbh and don't think it's in any way a reflection of how the vast majority think.

Agreed, there are some awful people in this country. The pandemic and boards has brought out the worst in them. Some mad mad made people out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Question on the household bubbles. Do we know is it acceptable to form a household bubble with an elderly parent in another county? If stop by the guards, do you just say - "going to visit my household bubble guard".

I think so. But I also think that each Household can only be in 1 Bubble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Yes it is and basically the honour system. Of course some will abuse it but as always that's to be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hope so, We have already lost

Paddys Day
    Easter
    Summer was an improvement but not the same
    Halloween

Christmas is the worst one too lose

Fcuk Christmas.

Let’s save the country from the dopes that are left in charge.

Total destruction is happening in front of people’s eyes but they can’t see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

SusanC10 wrote: »
    I think so. But I also think that each Household can only be in 1 Bubble.

Whilst that's the spirit of it , some households will need to be in a bubble of three. ie couple with vulnerable parents on either side.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

GooglePlus wrote: »
    This will be a big revealer on transmission in schools. If it's as bad as many think, we won't see cases flatten the way they did earlier in the year so what do they do in December when cases are still relatively high? It's a mad time.
    If they have the week off there might be a dip two weeks on from the October break though... If there isn't, then maybe they really are safer in schools. Watch for the uptick two weeks after they return though. And that will the time there should really be flattening of the curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Ciara Kelly is on now. She seems to be the one decenting voice in the media against lockdown. Breakfast on newstalk will be my only news show for the foreseeable I think.

Yes a texter just asked Ciara to stop being a hurler on the ditch and provide a practical constructive solution. Ciara said she hasn't got time.

forumdedum wrote: »
    Yes a texter just asked Ciara to stop being a hurler on the ditch and provide a practical constructive solution. Ciara said she hasn't got time.

People like Ciara should spend a week working with people like the doc from Manchester above.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Why hasn't there been any mention of 'cocooning', or asking the elderly or vulnerable to stay indoors?
    Seems odd?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Yeah I actually laughed out loud when I heard that.

Id say she was not cut out for the medical profession and jumped ship to radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,722 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Would be great if the government said we're not putting the clocks back Saturday night.

Just to give everyone more daylight in the evenings to help starve off the depression.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Gruffalux wrote: »
    People like Ciara should spend a week working with people like the doc from Manchester above.

In March Ciara announced she would be leaving the radio show to become a doctor again to help. That never happened. I do know she caught Covid.

Her statement today shows she is a true gob****e. All talk.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Why hasn't there been any mention of 'cocooning', or asking the elderly or vulnerable to stay indoors?
    Seems odd?

Look at the stats of who is getting covid. The elderly are being careful.

Tzardine wrote: »
    Yeah I actually laughed out loud when I heard that.

Id say she was not cut out for the medical profession and jumped ship to radio.

She's not cut out for radio and needs to jump ship to something else.

Fcuk Christmas.

Let’s save the country from the dopes that are left in charge.

Total destruction is happening in front of people’s eyes but they can’t see it.

Impeach Churchill!

1007489.jpg?b64lines=

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

She's not cut out for radio and needs to jump ship to something else.

I heard Jess Kelly refer to her during the last piece as Doctor Kelly. I wonder if she was messing, or do people actually refer to her at that in Newstalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

I looked in there a couple of times and just came out laughing. More than likely a few cranks still living with the mammy posting from the bedroom. I pity them tbh and don't think it's in any way a reflection of how the vast majority think.

A lot of them don't get the irony that that people like them who are belligerent about following the existing regulations are a huge part of the reason we are going to level 5.

What time does the Boggles n Seamus show start?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Gruffalux wrote: »
    Well today it's going to piss rain again like yesterday so brace for that. My fella works outdoors and yesterday was a deluge. Still, it washes away other troubles pitted against the elements. But after todays rain Wednesday will be okay with the 2 days after that being a bit better. Its a beautiful time of the year in the woods. The colours. The light. Squirrels. Enjoy. Things could be better but things could be a lot worse.

Just pulled up now and I'm looking at the gate, trying to pull myself together to run to the boot, put on the rain gear and my big Dunlop purofort boots and jacket..

Walk the trail, open the shed.
    Turn on the heating, and then check the polytunnels and then I've a lawnmower and chainsaw to maintain.
    Then check the drainage areas, in case there's a backlog of leaves, the rain makes leaves heavier and they fall off the trees handily enough.

It's going to be an adventure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

Is children playing football on the green with children from their estate not allowed, frowned upon or fine under level 5

We restricted during the previous full lockdown but with schools open and clubs still training, I dont see the point stopping them this time round.

• Advertisement

Tzardine wrote: »
    I heard Jess Kelly refer to her during the last piece as Doctor Kelly. I wonder if she was messing, or do people actually refer to her at that in Newstalk.

Messing I would say.

I like Moncrieff.

Whatever little respect I had for Ciara before that statement this morning has now gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement