Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVII- 62,002 ROI (1,915 deaths) 39,609 NI (724 deaths) (02/11) Read OP

Options
24567321

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 37,850 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye


    Construction ALL construction deemed essential ..schools open ..ALL schools even secondary. GAA Open..local football open ..horse racing open. Hardware stores and garden centers so we can have our salads ready to go ..open.
    Schools will be closed, teachers won't have it.
    GAA is insane,bone case will end it with the uproar there'll be.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Tefral


    Construction ALL construction deemed essential ..schools open ..ALL schools even secondary. GAA Open..local football open ..horse racing open. Hardware stores and garden centers so we can have our salads ready to go ..open.

    Not a chance.

    Do you work in Construction? If you did you'd know they are so paranoid of closing sites that they have dedicated covid compliance officers on every crew. I have had to do risk assessments for every menial task for my site staff. Theres very low chance for transmission on sites. They have even staggered breaks!


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long


    The next six weeks are crucial :rolleyes:

    They might as well replace Tony H with an African grey parrot at this stage. Same auld shíte day in, day out. A vague, tired old slogan to kick the can down the road a few weeks and shift the blame onto the public as much as possible.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭Russman


    Tefral wrote: »
    Do you work in Construction? If you did you'd know they are so paranoid of closing sites that they have dedicated covid compliance officers on every crew. I have had to do risk assessments for every menial task for my site staff. Theres very low chance for transmission on sites. They have even staggered breaks!

    Is there an issue though with workers arriving to sites, travelling 3 or 4 in a car/van ? I’m just wondering if it’s a bit like the GAA, where the matches are generally safe, it’s the milling round before and after is the issue ?


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭Russman


    46 Long wrote: »
    They might as well replace Tony H with an African grey parrot at this stage. Same auld shíte day in, day out. A vague, tired old slogan to kick the can down the road a few weeks and shift the blame onto the public as much as possible.

    That’s because that tired old slogan is the only thing that works.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,975 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78


    46 Long wrote:
    They might as well replace Tony H with an African grey parrot at this stage. Same auld shíte day in, day out. A vague, tired old slogan to kick the can down the road a few weeks and shift the blame onto the public as much as possible.


    What would you like them to do?


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas


    Does anyone know if the likes of physios are allowed stay open. Not sure if they're classed as essential


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,975 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78


    Vicxas wrote:
    Does anyone know if the likes of physios are allowed stay open. Not sure if they're classed as essential

    I've been wondering how they can operate at all during this


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj


    Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I've been wondering how they can operate at all during this

    Very easily. It’s an essential service. Common sense really.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare


    Didn't sleep well last night after the latest news. I've done everything possible to sanatize, social distancing and am living alone.
    My Parents are elderly, siblings away and my best friend has MS.

    Sons living in another household.

    My long term girlfriend had a breakdown and she couldn't cope with the whole covid thing, she has generalised anxiety disorder and she was doing well, but all the contradictions have really ****ed with her ability to make sense of all this bull**** of, you can, you can't, maybe, no but you should.. You can if it's work, can't if it's a gathering, it's shocking how all these contradictions effects people with metal disorders.
    Anyhow she dumped me, she couldn't cope with this covid mess of contradictive rules.

    I'm not annoyed it's over because we were drifting anyhow.

    I'm annoyed with how the powers that be have worded all the restrictions, it's really ****ing with people's heads.

    I can understand its very simple, social distance, sanatize and don't gather in big groups of people.

    That's it... For men and women of a nervous disposition it's not that ****ing easy...

    Anyhow I'm being kept in my job because I'm in the forestry/agricultural/horticural area in the public sector.

    In a lonely parkland more than 5k from the nearest town or village.. Nearest house is around 4k away

    It's going to be myself the odd deer, fox and leaves blowing around, its going to be a long 6 weeks, because the seasonal contract workers finished up 2 weeks ago...

    Living on my own..I feel like laughing or crying...

    We're all in this together, work together stay apart...


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,975 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78


    Hubertj wrote:
    Very easily. It’s an essential service. Common sense really.

    Debatable, for some it would be, but for others, probably not, I'd love a rub down myself, but I haven't checked in with my physio throughout this


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,975 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78


    nthclare wrote:
    Living on my own..I feel like laughing or crying...

    Look after yourself please, your friends on boards are still here


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj


    Just listened to Anthony Staines on Newstalk. Mad stuff altogether. Not sure what to make of him after that. I don’t think 0 Covid is possible here but his comments seemed intended to upset people at an already stressful time.


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,975 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78


    Hubertj wrote:
    Just listened to Anthony Staines on Newstalk. Mad stuff altogether. Not sure what to make of him after that. I don’t think 0 Covid is possible here but his comments seemed intended to upset people at an already stressful time.

    What did he say?


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj


    Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Debatable, for some it would be, but for others, probably not, I'd love a rub down myself, but I haven't checked in with my physio throughout this

    It’s not debatable that physiotherapy is an essential service. People who don’t know what they are taking about might think it’s not an essential service.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz


    Hubertj wrote: »
    Just listened to Anthony Staines on Newstalk. Mad stuff altogether. Not sure what to make of him after that. I don’t think 0 Covid is possible here but his comments seemed intended to upset people at an already stressful time.

    What roughly did he say?


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj


    Wanderer78 wrote: »
    What did he say?

    He was going on about 0 Covid again and suggesting the whole of Europe does it. Then he contradicted NPHET modelling by saying we would still have 300-400 cases a day by early December. He also suggested that MM said last night it will be level 3 after that until there is a vaccine. Another lockdown in February. I presume it is because he wants his 0 Covid tripe.
    It should be debated with other public health experts, not just a 1 sided radio interview.


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,975 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78


    Hubertj wrote:
    It’s not debatable that physiotherapy is an essential service. People who don’t know what they are taking about might think it’s not an essential service.

    It would be essential to some, but not all, my own physio is just an average joe, dealing with average joe injuries, nothing too serious I'd imagine, I'd imagine most serious injuries would be dealt with via the HSE, and I'd like to think those physio services are still operational, as they would certainly be critical


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare


    Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Look after yourself please, your friends on boards are still here

    Thanks for the heads up, I'll be ok I just needed to get all that off my chest.

    I know sometimes I can make off the cuff comments on certain subjects on boards, it's more of an observation rather than an opinion lol

    I'm going to embrace the woods this day, you never know a sasquatch may join me in the shed for a cuppa tea before it gets dark lol.
    Or the local Puca, it gets creepy at night but I like all that intriguing folklore etc

    I might even stay over some night as I have all the facilities, bar a bed but I could put something together...

    Enjoy it I might as well...


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,975 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78


    Hubertj wrote:
    He was going on about 0 Covid again and suggesting the whole of Europe does it. Then he contradicted NPHET modelling by saying we would still have 300-400 cases a day by early December. He also suggested that MM said last night it will be level 3 after that until there is a vaccine. Another lockdown in February. I presume it is because he wants his 0 Covid tripe. It should be debated with other public health experts, not just a 1 sided radio interview.

    Completely agree here, this is such a highly dynamic situation, such plans cannot be made, the government is doing the best it can, but mistakes will be made


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,975 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78


    nthclare wrote:
    I'm going to embrace the woods this day, you never know a sasquatch may join me in the shed for a cuppa tea before it gets dark lol. Or the local Puca, it gets creepy at night but I like all that intriguing folklore etc

    Oh I hear yea, I seriously need to get myself together for wild camping, I've some equipment to be buying


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj


    Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Completely agree here, this is such a highly dynamic situation, such plans cannot be made, the government is doing the best it can, but mistakes will be made

    I agree. I just don’t think it is responsible for a public heath expert to make such claims without evidence or being challenged by someone with similar knowledge.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Ninthlife


    Zero Covid? What happened flatten the curve?

    This lockdown may be needed to reduce the current infection rate and when or if the numbers stabalise then what? December January will be low numbers everyone returns to not giving a shyte and we are back to lockdown in March

    I do think questions need to be asked regarding GAA. How that is being justified but Mary who owns a boutique in a small town has to close is beyond me. 30 lads sweating all over each other is ok. Marys shop has 20 customers over 6 days is bad???


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes


    nthclare wrote: »

    Enjoy it I might as well...

    Is it wierd i read that in Master Yoda voice?

    Sorry for your tough times. Glad you have the woods.


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus


    What roughly did he say?
    He wants a pan EU response involving shutting down all travel. He would have rather had 10 weeks of level 5. He thinks we'll get down to 300 cases per day in December and then be back in level 5 by the end of January.


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,975 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78


    Ninthlife wrote:
    This lockdown may be needed to reduce the current infection rate and when or if the numbers stabalise then what? December January will be low numbers everyone returns to not giving a shyte and we are back to lockdown in March

    Unfortunately, we may have to lock down a couple of times throughout the winter, in order to get through it, our health system simply doesn't have the capacity otherwise


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE


    Hubertj wrote: »
    He was going on about 0 Covid again and suggesting the whole of Europe does it. Then he contradicted NPHET modelling by saying we would still have 300-400 cases a day by early December. He also suggested that MM said last night it will be level 3 after that until there is a vaccine. Another lockdown in February. I presume it is because he wants his 0 Covid tripe.
    It should be debated with other public health experts, not just a 1 sided radio interview.
    I thought it was clearly spelled out last night by the Taoiseach

    Level 3 until cases rise again. Hopefully it will be an enforced level 3. No shebeens no houseparties in breach of regulation etc.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj


    Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, we may have to lock down a couple of times throughout the winter, in order to get through it, our health system simply doesn't have the capacity otherwise

    I would add that the people responsible for management of our health service aren’t up to the job. They have mismanaged it for decades


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1


    I'm after cynic from the restrictions thread, and while I know it's filled with cranks, one can't help but feel saddened. If the attitudes in that thread are in any way prevalent, we haven't a hope.

    I looked in there a couple of times and just came out laughing. More than likely a few cranks still living with the mammy posting from the bedroom. I pity them tbh and don't think it's in any way a reflection of how the vast majority think.


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7


    Do you need a letter to go to work if essential (construction), or is it scouts honour if stopped by the guards?


This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement