Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bars are open under level 3 in Waterford

Options
  • 07-10-2020 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Can people please let me know what bars are remaining open in Waterford or have suitable outdoor areas to remain open with the current level 3 lockdown?

I actually didn't go out at all the few weeks they were all back in business and was looking forward to catching up with 2 close friends over a few pints this weekend.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Reg
    The Craftsman
    Phil Grimes
    Heerys/Market Bar
    Tullys

but i reckon it could be a like winning the lottery trying to get a table as its 15 Max everywhere

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Grand oul evening for outdoor pints all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Flow Motion

Walshs in Georges St is open too. As is the outdoor set-up outside T+H's (also run by Walshs I think?). In fairness at the moment nobody is going to a pub for a session. I think its just to maintain a little bit of normality in the current climate. I would not begrudge anyone sitting down for a couple of pints, switching off and watching the world go by. I happened to be in town mid afternoon yesterday and the T+H's set up was almost full as were the two tables outside Walshs. This for an overcast Wednesday afternoon too. Sure there is some folk who would prefer if we all stayed at home but then again perhaps that is where the current surge in cases is coming from : home drinking, BBQ's & house parties since the Summer? So it looks like you are damned if you do and you are damned if you don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Thanks for the recommendations lads.

After speaking with my friends it looks like we will be postponing our pub visit to a future date when things calm back down.]

Might try a beer garden with the wife for some lunch over the weekend though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I thought somewhere like Pinks would have stayed open considering their large open area? but they are going to be closed completely for three weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

The Craftsman seem to be open for outdoor dining. There is a table with a parasol on it near the side plus they are using the outdoor smoking shed as a table too. Hope they gave it a good clean before they serve food in that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

I thought somewhere like Pinks would have stayed open considering their large open area? but they are going to be closed completely for three weeks.

Still only can serve up to 15 people. So it's paying for waiters, chefs, food for serving 4/5 tables every hour or two versus closing and taking the Covid PUP

iseegirls wrote: »
    Still only can serve up to 15 people. So it's paying for waiters, chefs, food for serving 4/5 tables every hour or two versus closing and taking the Covid PUP

Makes sense now.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭91wx763

I think once the open/in stock kegs get run out places may reconsider.

Marina hotel outside area is open too, enjoying a pint as we speak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

PTH2009 wrote: »

Those fags are bad for you.

kuang1 wrote: »
    Those fags are bad for you.

Don't smoke must of been left there by a previous person

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Lovely spot.

I thought hotels could only serve residents, though?

Lovely spot.

I thought hotels could only serve residents, though?

Residents can be served indoors with non residents can be served outdoors. Max of 15 people

Grand spot but **** me its cold and only getting colder as the weeks continue. Wear a load of layers and ye be grand

That looks like a fantastic spot to have a leisurely pint! Nice view also. I might have to wander over that direction to give it a trial run over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Think Mordants on the Mayor's Walk is open. Full bar menu and beer garden.

was anyone out and about today ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

Walsh's and T & Hs looked busy when I passed about 4pm with all the seats outside taken.

Geoff's closed but Heerys is open and Kazbar closed too.

Good few people in town itself with most shops open.

Town was quite packed yesterday when I was in there. Big lines outside the bookstation, JD Sports, inside the Book Centre, are people stocking up in anticipation of a lockdown?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Passed the Tower Hotel yesterday and people eating and drinking inside. Are you allowed do above if you stay in hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

tbayers wrote: »
    Passed the Tower Hotel yesterday and people eating and drinking inside. Are you allowed do above if you stay in hotel?

Residents of hotels can eat and drink indoors. Non residents limited to 15 outdoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Don't smoke must of been left there by a previous person

If they left a dirty ashtray there then they sure as hell didnt "clean" the area after the last customer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭DeiseNew

Ive seen one or two heads go to the Woodman too i thought they were closed but they may have a beer garden.

DeiseNew wrote: »
    Ive seen one or two heads go to the Woodman too i thought they were closed but they may have a beer garden.

https://www.facebook.com/171028539706213/posts/1946692982139751/?sfnsn=mo

Yeah they have there small smoking area open. First come first served

Surprised they didn't open sinnots as they have a decent enough smoking area

Revolution also not open

reni10 wrote: »
    Walsh's and T & Hs looked busy when I passed about 4pm with all the seats outside taken.

And I happened to be one of the heads sitting outside Walsh's, or @ least up the little lane @ the side of it sipping a lovely pint of Guinness reading the paper. Gotta find your bit on sanity & normality in this surreal reality! I had been out in Newtown Cove swimming beforehand so I really deserved those pints. Lovely sunny day out of the covid bubble!:cool:

Beer Garden, Pizza Oven, and smoking area at the new Wetherspoons

Beer Garden, Pizza Oven, and smoking area at the new Wetherspoons

Should be ready for 2050

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Should be ready for 2050

An optimist I see.

• Advertisement

J&K Walshs put up a post on facebook saying watch this space ??

Could it be for take away pints which can be consumed in places like red square etc

Think they could be a bit messy esp with lack of toilets around the area if you're not allowed inside the pub

Advertisement