Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What bars are open under level 3 in Waterford

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

What's the pub scene like now in the city? Most places now open? Is it easy enough to find a place for a few beers?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,754 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

City Arms reopened fairly recently (its was quite the place last year) and the Gingerman is open a few days a week. With indoor reopening it does seem easier to get into places but still a lot of places only serving outdoor

Depends on the time of day/night really, weekends were a nightmare the last few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

What's made City Arms quite the place? I was in there pre covid and it was pretty soulless. Seemed to be just a spot for carvery not a few pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,754 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lets just say the lads in there very pretty lax at times regarding the regulations at the time during last years brief openings (€9 meal times)

I agree with you about the place pre covid, sometimes it was pretty soulless and boring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I remember the last owner, kinda heavy chap. I had been to a few functions there but it always looked like they struggled to get people in there and they did. Was often there with some friends and we were the only ones there basically. Last owner closed up last year I think and new crowd took over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement