Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bars are open under level 3 in Waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

mayordenis wrote: »
    How do they get new regulars if its regulars only?

They dont want new customers. A few pubs like that in the city. Paddy Browns and The Craftsman are in that category. Very cliquey towards anyone who wasnt born and bred in Lismore/Larchville and who doesnt drink there 7 days a week. Very insulated. Compared with the likes of Alfies on Ballybricken who would have a lot of new faces regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

They dont want new customers. A few pubs like that in the city. Paddy Browns and The Craftsman are in that category. Very cliquey towards anyone who wasnt born and bred in Lismore/Larchville and who doesnt drink there 7 days a week. Very insulated. Compared with the likes of Alfies on Ballybricken who would have a lot of new faces regularly.

Plenty of pubs across Ireland are like that ,it's not unique to Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Seems the Woodman/Front Lounge will not be permitted to open even though all the work they done including having a marquee and bringing in a portable kitchen van

They were getting the outside area ready down in T&Hs but they will go the same way as the Woodman cause the food is coming from the food vans down the road next to Tullys. Suppose they can still do the takeaway pints

Revolvations went all in many many pubs all the country and what do they in return. Sorry lads cant open :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Lads, when the pubs open again for indoor dining are the numbers restricted to just 15??? That seems tiny. I know 15 was the max for outdoor dining but i presumed when indoor was given the green light the numbers went up to 50?

Plenty of pubs across Ireland are like that ,it's not unique to Waterford.

I never said it was unique to Waterford. I pointed out 2 of the worst offenders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

I never said it was unique to Waterford. I pointed out 2 of the worst offenders.

You're talking through your hoop.

You're talking through your hoop.

Its my opinion. You are certainly entitled to disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭homecouldbhere

Its my opinion. You are certainly entitled to disagree.

Ah where's the outrage! He can't respond again unless he sees some outrage! ;)

If only more on here could respond to opposing opinions in this way. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

mayordenis wrote: »
    How do they get new regulars if its regulars only?

Someone has to die and then their stool is auctioned off to the highest bidder.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭aziz

Someone has to die and then their stoolis auctioned off to the highest bidder.

I hope you mean chair😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Seems the Woodman/Front Lounge will not be permitted to open even though all the work they done including having a marquee and bringing in a portable kitchen van

They were getting the outside area ready down in T&Hs but they will go the same way as the Woodman cause the food is coming from the food vans down the road next to Tullys. Suppose they can still do the takeaway pints

Revolvations went all in many many pubs all the country and what do they in return. Sorry lads cant open :mad::mad::mad::mad:

t & h's always had a kitchen, they might get it some way back up and running so they can open this weekend

It’s a lot of work to get a old kitchen up to modern standards and then to get the necessary HSE approval

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

aziz wrote: »
    It’s a lot of work to get a old kitchen up to modern standards and then to get the necessary HSE approval

Well judging by the work being done outside T&H’s this morning, they are definitely getting ready for something anyway

The Munster have a full kitchen and they are not opening back up

Also heard the Mansion house is not opening

Thats a shame. The Munster is a lovely spot and very good food.

Places opening- Fri 4th Dec
    Geoffs
    Heerys/Market Bar
    Revolution
    Kazbar
    Grady's Yard
    The Reg
    Itty Bittys
    Kathy Barrys
    Tower Hotel
    Marina Hotel
    Granville Hotel
    Dooleys Hotel
    Treacys Hotel
    Fitzwilton Hotel
    Norrises
    The Exchange
    The Tavern
    Pinks
    The Wine Vault
    Paddy Browns
    The Craftsman
    Oskars
    The Cove
    Uluru
    Woodlands Hotel
    Riverside Cottage
    Jack Meades (will be opening 11th Dec)

Not sure of
    The Grattan
    The Cleaboy
    City Arms (was quite the place over the summer :D)
    The Gingerman
    Jarrz
    The Woodman/Lounge (was set to open but plans were shut down)

Not opening :(:(
    The Munster
    The Hub
    The Mansion
    All the wet pubs

my apologies if i'm missing some places

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Places opening- Fri 4th Dec
    Geoffs
    Heerys/Market Bar
    Revolution
    Kazbar
    Grady's Yard
    The Reg
    Itty Bittys
    Kathy Barrys
    Tower Hotel
    Marina Hotel
    Granville Hotel
    Dooleys Hotel
    Treacys Hotel
    Fitzwilton Hotel
    Norrises
    The Exchange
    The Tavern
    Pinks
    The Wine Vault
    Paddy Browns
    The Craftsman
    Oskars
    The Cove
    Uluru
    Woodlands Hotel
    Riverside Cottage
    Jack Meades (will be opening 11th Dec)

Not sure of
    The Grattan
    The Cleaboy
    City Arms (was quite the place over the summer :D)
    The Gingerman
    Jarrz
    The Woodman/Lounge (was set to open but plans were shut down)

Not opening :(:(
    The Munster
    The Hub
    The Mansion
    All the wet pubs

my apologies if i'm missing some places

When did Kathy Barry get a kitchen?

Aquos76 wrote: »

And where in hell did they put it?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭91wx763

Aquos76 wrote: »

Aren't they tied in with Brooklyn ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

And where in hell did they put it?

There's been work going on there for the last while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

What's the story with the city arms? I know the last owner shut up shop sometime last year and then a new crowd came in. What sort of food do they do? Last time I was in there under the old management the place was empty nearly every time I was in there.

What's the story with the city arms? I know the last owner shut up shop sometime last year and then a new crowd came in. What sort of food do they do? Last time I was in there under the old management the place was empty nearly every time I was in there.

It was run by a few chinese lads during the summer and was a bit of a free for all. Quite a few 'characters' were frequenting the place. It was grand and noticed there closed now

God, I could murder a pint now but just had the dinner so wouldn’t be fond of having to order another one.Anyone out,what are places like.
    I would think probably mental

God, I could murder a pint now but just had the dinner so wouldn’t be fond of having to order another one.Anyone out,what are places like.
    I would think probably mental

€50 million expected to be spent in restaurants this weekend,haven't been out around myself but id say places are full which is good to see!

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/its-been-manic-restaurants-and-bars-struggle-with-avalanche-of-bookings-as-50m-expected-to-be-spent-this-weekend-39824790.html

A lot of places booked up it seems but you might get lucky

Such a load of BS when you think about how safe drink pubs ran when they were briefly opened. Social media is to blame and even worse the government going by it including Dr Tony

Jesus 1 pub in the centre of the town left

Went to Downes one of the 3 or four nights that they opened before the move to level 3.
    Enjoyed a couple of pints in a very safe environment that was very well run so it’s a shame that they cannot open under the current bullcrap rules

Went to Downes one of the 3 or four nights that they opened before the move to level 3.
    Enjoyed a couple of pints in a very safe environment that was very well run so it’s a shame that they cannot open under the current bullcrap rules

Yeah very annoying that wet pubs showed they could run safely and they get done on non existent evidence

I'm down in the three shippes now and had my meal like all the others here but nobody been moved on after the time limit. Nobody up dancing etc that the experts think would happen

Yeah very annoying that wet pubs showed they could run safely and they get done on non existent evidence

I'm down in the three shippes now and had my meal like all the others here but nobody been moved on after the time limit. Nobody up dancing etc that the experts think would happen

Many there

• Advertisement

Many there

All the tables taken but people are socfiscated and not acting the bollocks

Jesus all Ireland day will be mayhem

Advertisement