Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What bars are open under level 3 in Waterford

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Yeah very annoying that wet pubs showed they could run safely and they get done on non existent evidence

I'm down in the three shippes now and had my meal like all the others here but nobody been moved on after the time limit. Nobody up dancing etc that the experts think would happen

There is no time-limit as such if the tables are 2m or more apart, as far as I know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

gscully wrote: »
    There is no time-limit as such if the tables are 2m or more apart, as far as I know?

Correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,919 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Pinks are starting to do takeaway from next Monday 29th March

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Pinks are starting to do takeaway from next Monday 29th March

takeaway pints?

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    takeaway pints?

Nope but they seem to be doing a few takeaway cocktails starting from €9.95

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

STARTING from €9.95????

They can fcuk right off with that. Are the "I could murder a pint" idiots that desperate to consume alcohol in some place that is not their home to pay that?

Dumb.

I for one won't be forgetting the local pubs and restaurants who have taken the hard hit by making the prudent decisions over the last 12 months. Behaving sensibly and selflessly for the sake of us getting beyond covid as fast as possible. Those that stuck to the guidelines during the brief phases that they were allowed reopen.
    I can't wait to give them my business again.

The minority of establishments who have thrown caution to the wind or knowingly behaved in their own best interests while running a risk to an increase in covid cases... Well, none of their future profits will come from my pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

€9.95 for a takeaway cocktail :D must be big windows in that place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭sillysocks

€9.95 for a takeaway cocktail :D must be big windows in that place.

I’ve never been to Pinks but to be fair Burzza , Loko and I’m sure other places are all doing takeaway cocktails around 15 eur but you get more than one serving out of it, usually 3/4 I think depending on what you order and your glasses etc. So if it’s similar to that it may not be that expensive.

sillysocks wrote: »
    I’ve never been to Pinks but to be fair Burzza , Loko and I’m sure other places are all doing takeaway cocktails around 15 eur but you get more than one serving out of it, usually 3/4 I think depending on what you order and your glasses etc. So if it’s similar to that it may not be that expensive.

Some of the Pinks cocktails state that they 2 servings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭dzilla

Is T+H the only place doing a take away pint? Are you allowed sit out in a front seating area from Monday?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

dzilla wrote: »
    Is T+H the only place doing a take away pint? Are you allowed sit out in a front seating area from Monday?

Why, what else is changing besides the 5km restriction on Monday?

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Why, what else is changing besides the 5km restriction on Monday?

Not sure pal thats why Im asking to see if anything has changed with regard to outdoor seating areas. Is that ok?

The Hub in the apple market will be reopening for takeaway pints this Saturday and Sunday 1-8pm. Again can't be opened or consumed within 100ms of the premises

Let the fun begin for the guards trying to police that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

The Hub in the apple market will be reopening for takeaway pints this Saturday and Sunday 1-8pm. Again can't be opened or consumed within 100ms of the premises

Let the fun begin for the guards trying to police that

They can barely police John's Street at 2 am when pubs and clubs are open.

This town and toilets, pay ones are either broke or closed

Good set up down in the hub and plenty around drinking pints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭larchielads

This town and toilets, pay ones are either broke or closed

Good set up down in the hub and plenty around drinking pints.
    Went down there friday evenin, we didnt see a soul. This was about half 6ish. Did we miss somethin down that way where were they servin from ????

Went down there friday evenin, we didnt see a soul. This was about half 6ish. Did we miss somethin down that way where were they servin from ????

Think they started serving them yesterday

If outdoor dining/drinking is permitted soon enough will we see more places around the city been pedestrianised for the weekends ?

A similar layout that was in O Connell Street

Maybe John Street been closed off and places been allowed expand there outdoor areas

If outdoor dining/drinking is permitted soon enough will we see more places around the city been pedestrianised for the weekends ?

A similar layout that was in O Connell Street

Maybe John Street been closed off and places been allowed expand there outdoor areas

As in the council would designate areas? The same geniuses who've allowed cars into John Roberts Square and surrounding streets for the last couple of months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

As in the council would designate areas? The same geniuses who've allowed cars into John Roberts Square and surrounding streets for the last couple of months?

Yeah some auld wan nearly ploughed right thru me last week just cos she wanted a nose around!
    A lot of the paving is becoming dislodged due to the constant cars. Perfect personal injury claim territory now for any disreputable individual

Outdoor dining will be permitted from the 7th June with indoor dining only permitted for residents in Hotels

Reckon publicans in John Street will get permission to extend there outdoor seating areas for weekends. Tully's/Tom Mahars could get the outdoor area again. Sadly some places wont have much of an option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Is there no limit to the number of people outdoors when drinking? Could be a hairy situation with tonnes of people outside the pub knocking back pints for hours on end. A pent up demand to get sloshed in the area of similar pubs...no different from being indoors in my view.

Is there no limit to the number of people outdoors when drinking? Could be a hairy situation with tonnes of people outside the pub knocking back pints for hours on end. A pent up demand to get sloshed in the area of similar pubs...no different from being indoors in my view.

Think i overheard 'Industry specific guidelines' will be issued

Won't be a free for all

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Won't be a free for all

It will be difficult to police though esp for place closed since March 2020. If you owned a pub your gonna open it and try make some money regardless.
    The John St area could turn into one huge session area which might lead to some messy behaviour as the night progresses.
    TBH we have all been locked away for a third of the year with virtually no social outlet. People are entitled to let the hair down and enjoy. There is a lot of pent up frustration to be released!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

It will be difficult to police though esp for place closed since March 2020. If you owned a pub your gonna open it and try make some money regardless.
    The John St area could turn into one huge session area which might lead to some messy behaviour as the night progresses.
    TBH we have all been locked away for a third of the year with virtually no social outlet. People are entitled to let the hair down and enjoy. There is a lot of pent up frustration to be released!

I for one won't be releasing my frustration in any scenario like that in the near future. Leaving covid aside, the anti social behaviour that will inevitably go with others "releasing their frustrations" would put me right off.
    My future social life is going to involve a lot of back gardens, gazebos and bbqs.
    But admittedly I'm in my forties so it takes little to please me in that regard!

• Advertisement

Don't Revolution have a big outdoor area out the back ?

Pinks will do well with the big seating area

kuang1 wrote: »
    I for one won't be releasing my frustration in any scenario like that in the near future. Leaving covid aside, the anti social behaviour that will inevitably go with others "releasing their frustrations" would put me right off.
    My future social life is going to involve a lot of back gardens, gazebos and bbqs.
    But admittedly I'm in my forties so it takes little to please me in that regard!

I believe pergolas are the current trend. You need to get with the programme :)

Won't be a free for all

Will be all done via square footage and tables having to be 2m apart also, MM was on Newstalk this morning and he said the specific guidelines would be issued in the next couple of days

Will be all done via square footage and tables having to be 2m apart also, MM was on Newstalk this morning and he said the specific guidelines would be issued in the next couple of days

Opening hours will be interesting, no way will they let them open til 2am

11.30pm close 7 days a week im guessing

Where I see the problem is say somewhere like the Hub or Kazbar, the most they could have would be 15-20 people and with no time limit in place, how financially viable would it be for them to actually open. What if two groups of 6 came (6 is still going to be the max in a group) in at 7pm and decided to stay till 10/11, and just drank a few social pints. Their areas are going to need to be increased, so hopefully the council will accommodate that.

• Advertisement

saw this on FB

'At last some good news 🙂 , We hope to see ye all back at The Woodman Bar Waterford on June 7th . Outdoor only but we will be working on our back yard to make sure we have more seating available .
    The Woodie is Back ......................'

Great news love that pub

Another place which could be made into some job is the Wander Inn as the owner owns the car park at the back of it but he's old school so unlikely it's going to reopen for outdoors

saw this on FB

'At last some good news 🙂 , We hope to see ye all back at The Woodman Bar Waterford on June 7th . Outdoor only but we will be working on our back yard to make sure we have more seating available .
    The Woodie is Back ......................'

Great news love that pub

Another place which could be made into some job is the Wander Inn as the owner owns the car park at the back of it but he's old school so unlikely it's going to reopen for outdoors

Not a hope in help John Aylward will reopen for outdoor dining:pac::pac: As you say, John would be quite old now and Id be surprised if he reopened at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Not a hope in help John Aylward will reopen for outdoor dining:pac::pac: As you say, John would be quite old now and Id be surprised if he reopened at all.

Hes had it on the market a few times and it never sold tis a decent size pub with a large function room at the back and that carpark makes it a nice sized plot in the middle of the city centre.

Any word on the street about what places may open from the 7th June

Is the Apple Market/John Street area been refixed to allow more outdoor dining ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Any word on the street about what places may open from the 7th June

Is the Apple Market/John Street area been refixed to allow more outdoor dining ?

Doubt it as that would be far too sensible and would only mean that the roof would have a reason for being.

Doubt it as that would be far too sensible and would only mean that the roof would have a reason for being.

Yep very true, it is the Waterford City Council at the end of the day

The Hub and the kazbar could make it some room

Geoff's wouldn't need it esp with the big smoking area and there front area is a decent size

Market Bar/Heerys/Revolution would be in a spot of bother in terms of expanding there outside area

Tis a **** up in reality with lots of places been unable to open outdoors

Should have a communal area under the roof where you can sit and have your food or drink no matter where you have bought it in that area.

Kitty Keirnins and Kervicks are gone for good I've heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭aziz

And Doyle’s,so not a pub left on barrack street

Noticed that all Kittys stuff is for auction down the auction rooms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭nomoedoe

aziz wrote: »
    And Doyle’s,so not a pub left on barrack street

Both been turned into apartments with spar extending the off license into Doyle’s from what I heard ,probably won’t be long now and rice guest house will be the same.

Jesus Norrisses the only place left in Barrack Street and with the way there such a 'locals only' type place (refer to there ways of opening parts of last year)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭nomoedoe

Jesus Norrisses the only place left in Barrack Street and with the way there such a 'locals only' type place (refer to there ways of opening parts of last year)

Norris’s is in Slievekeale ;) ,but yeah it’s probably the first time ever there’s never been a pub on barracks street.

Just off the top of my head all these pubs are been turned into apartments or already have ,Doyle’s,kitty’s,gerrys,the owls nest ,bolgers.

Kervicks and Sal's gone too.

The number of 'Traditional pubs ' in Waterford City is going down rapidly :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭aziz

Anyone know anything about the lantern,heard last year that the causeway group bought it

Id say they will change that stupid locals only rule soon enough when they realise pubs are closing left, right and centre, and they need all the money they get. Thats if you want to set foot in there, some of the regulars there are dodgy out.

Kervicks and Sal's gone too.

Where is Kervicks, is that not Bull and Green on Ballybricken?

Id say they will change that stupid locals only rule soon enough when they realise pubs are closing left, right and centre, and they need all the money they get. Thats if you want to set foot in there, some of the regulars there are dodgy out.

I'm from very near it. They're welcome to it. ****ing dump.

• Advertisement

It's not the worse place esp for a match. Its like most places if you make trouble you'll get trouble
    Where is Kervicks, is that not Bull and Green on Ballybricken?

Yep that's it, they only done up there smoking area in 2018/2019 and it would be ideal for outdoor service. Let's hope they do reopen at some stage.

From Ballybricken/Barrack Street/Yellow road and areas around it, the only places left are Nickys, Alfie Hales, The Exchange,Tap room, Norrises, Caulfields,The Crannog, The Tavern, Old Ground (on the glen think that its name). Its so to tell will places actually reopen

Advertisement