Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bars are open under level 3 in Waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Edz87 wrote: »
    T&H's and Tully's are doing them, not sure on opening hrs though

Where will they fit people? Max two tables you would get outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Where will they fit people? Max two tables you would get outside.

Tully's have the area out the back. Could accommodate 15-20 at a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

T & H's, Tully's The Craftsman and the Hub.

Don't know about Tully's but I think it is 50c to a euro cheaper in The Craftsman and The Hub than T & H's.

Craftsman is grand if ya live out that side of town. I'm on the opposite site of the city so would never really go there myself. Seemed like a popular spot to drink when I was in there a few times though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Lot of people enjoying the sun riverside at The Marina. I presume they are residents but it would be a good shout for Monday when things open up for non residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,826 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Deise Vu wrote: »
    Lot of people enjoying the sun riverside at The Marina. I presume they are residents but it would be a good shout for Monday when things open up for non residents.

God I'd love that right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Deise Vu wrote: »

Nice spot.

I really think The Tower missed a trick not putting in an outdoor riverside terrace or was it thought of and possibly impeded by planning?

Tully's have the area out the back. Could accommodate 15-20 at a guess.

Sorry my mistake I was meant to be quoting a different post. I was meant to ask where would uisce Beatha fit people.

Dooley's are after putting in a nice beer garden too but don't know if it will be available for non reisdents on Monday.

****ing stupid why places aren't open since yesterday

It would to an extent cut out all the street parties

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Strand Hotel in Dunmore was heaving today

• Advertisement

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Strand Hotel in Dunmore was heaving today

Must be full of 'residents'

Roll on outdoor opening even if i prefer indoor

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Must be full of 'residents'

Roll on outdoor opening even if i prefer indoor

Oh yes 100% all residents :D

All 300 of them

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Oh yes 100% all residents :D

All 300 of them

Jesus the place must be some size :D

Jesus the place must be some size :D

There’s big families out that way

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Plenty of people having a few takeaway beers/ food this afternoon. Light touch policing along the quays. City centre spotless tonight with extra bins everywhere for tomorrow.

dzilla wrote: »
    Shame that Harvey's isn't still open, the outdoor area they had would be immense at the moment with the restrictions.

Also a shame in general how the building is just going to rack and ruin.

I reckon the people living in the area next to Harveys are delighed its closed. I used to live near the area and the bar owners didn't give a sh!t about the residents in the area. I've moved now but I hope for the sake of people living in the area the nightclub doesn't open again, it would make a nice restaurant or something though.

A lot of places open for walk ins only from tomorrow

TBH its the right way to do it, looking forward to a few pints and hoping i can get in somewhere tomorrow night

A lot of places open for walk ins only from tomorrow

TBH its the right way to do it, looking forward to a few pints and hoping i can get in somewhere tomorrow night

Although some places are saying they aren't but in reality they are for their regulars.

Some crowd around

Got lucky and got a table outside the reg

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Hodger

Was surprised geoffs wasn,t reopened earlier they have plenty of outdoor space both outback and out front; hopefully geoffs is reopened soon too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Hodger wrote: »
    Was surprised geoffs wasn,t reopened earlier they have plenty of outdoor space both outback and out front; hopefully geoffs is reopened soon too.

Id say they may be holding on until 5th July. With any luck they will have some new staff too. There are some shower of up their own arses **** in that place, strutting around like they work in the White House, awful attitudes on some of them. Its a pub nothing more nothing less, i have absolutely no idea where they get their notions from!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Id say they may be holding on until 5th July. With any luck they will have some new staff too. There are some shower of up their own arses **** in that place, strutting around like they work in the White House, awful attitudes on some of them. Its a pub nothing more nothing less, i have absolutely no idea where they get their notions from!

Always found that with the staff there. Up their high holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Fairly chaotic yesterday in the Yard at the back of the Woodman but its a great set up there and the service will get better as the staff get used to the new normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Anyone know if Jack Meade's is fully open again?

Fairly chaotic yesterday in the Yard at the back of the Woodman but its a great set up there and the service will get better as the staff get used to the new normal.

just seen there they added a few 75 inch TVs

Hoping ill get in there tomorrow night, from passing a few places it seems a small issue is there's very few (if any) smaller tables for 1/2 people. 1 person could end up taking up a 6 person table etc. Problem is places cant discriminate either

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Anyone know if Jack Meade's is fully open again?

Jack meades is open alright, I know someone who had a few pints there on Monday and enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Flow Motion

With only 59 ppl in hospitals around Ireland [23 in ICUs] and over 3 mil vaccines administered [50% 1 doses; 25% 2 doses] isn't it a bit crazy the real pubs have to wait till next month to open??? We have wallowed in the bad news feeds for so long why not let the people get back to normal living... and now please???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

With only 59 ppl in hospitals around Ireland [23 in ICUs] and over 3 mil vaccines administered [50% 1 doses; 25% 2 doses] isn't it a bit crazy the real pubs have to wait till next month to open??? We have wallowed in the bad news feeds for so long why not let the people get back to normal living... and now please???

It is the same reason as the whole COVID response in Ireland. The whole thing is just skewed in favour of pandemic precautions and no balance with the rest of society, mental health, life, business etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Any places with decent outside seating have large TVs to watch the Euro 2020 on besides the Woodman?

• Advertisement

reni10 wrote: »
    Any places with decent outside seating have large TVs to watch the Euro 2020 on besides the Woodman?

The woodman has outdoor seating?

Advertisement