Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2020 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭HannahR31

InsideEdge wrote: »

That sounds like what they are doing alright. Another question on the interview if you don't mind - were you asked to give an overview of your career/experience to date?

The Chair opened up by going through my career based on my application form (i.e. she talked through it and I just said 'yep') and then asked if there was anything I was particularly proud of.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭InsideEdge

HannahR31 wrote: »
    The Chair opened up by going through my career based on my application form (i.e. she talked through it and I just said 'yep') and then asked if there was anything I was particularly proud of.

I've been working since the 1980s so that bit could take a while!!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭HannahR31

InsideEdge wrote: »
    I've been working since the 1980s so that bit could take a while!!

Haha they might not go through every job! She skimmed the start and then focused in on 'So since 2018'

• Registered Users Posts: 46 batman007

I was called to do the videos for the Communications Manager AP role today! Absolutely thrilled, anyone else get the notification?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Lorr

batman007 wrote: »
    I was called to do the videos for the Communications Manager AP role today! Absolutely thrilled, anyone else get the notification?

I got mine too! Had sort of given up hope on it so pleasantly surprised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 batman007

Same!!! Good luck with the process. :)

Do you by any chance know what stage is after this one? Trying to find the original booklet but can't see it online anywhere and I didn't save it.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Lorr

Do you by any chance know what stage is after this one? Trying to find the original booklet but can't see it online anywhere and I didn't save it.

No idea I'm afraid, first time applying for something like this so all new to me

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nicole2020

Just got word I passed my interview and am on the panel!! Can't believe results are out already - I only interviewed on Monday! And they are still interviewing...

They must be in a rush...

Oh wow, that is amazing, huge congratulations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nicole2020

Herriott wrote: »
    Well done, same here. Can't believe it. I only interviewed yesterday. An absolute first in terms of speed of placement!

That’s unbelievable, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CBCB

Just got word I passed my interview and am on the panel!! Can't believe results are out already - I only interviewed on Monday! And they are still interviewing...

They must be in a rush...

Congratulations!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Are they only interviewing 2 days a week (Tues & Wed)?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

poundhound wrote: »
    Are they only interviewing 2 days a week (Tues & Wed)?

Must be Mon to Wed as I think HannahR mentioned hers was on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Come join me on the dedicated thread :-)

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058112361/1/#post114869671

AP Comms thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mariee

Hi, they are interviewing all week as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Casarina

Just gotten invite to Stage 2 of the competition - online video interviewing. So they must be starting on the outside of Dublin applicants. Thanks for all the advice here - hopefully will be able to make the most of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Casarina wrote: »
    Just gotten invite to Stage 2 of the competition - online video interviewing. So they must be starting on the outside of Dublin applicants. Thanks for all the advice here - hopefully will be able to make the most of it!

Im the same, I picked Waterford and Kilkenny as far as i can remember. Where did you pick?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭crinkley

can I ask if these are first or second batches. Thanks

Irishder wrote: »
    Im the same, I picked Waterford and Kilkenny as far as i can remember. Where did you pick?

Mine is for the Sligo and Leitrim So must be calling us all outside of Dublin this time round! The fun begins!

crinkley wrote: »

This is first batch for outside of Dublin I am assuming? But not sure? Bit of a novice!

crinkley wrote: »

No idea sorry.

Can I ask a question regarding the pay scale. If successful we would obviously go in on the starting point. Is it yearly increases after that as per the scale, assuming no pay freezes?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Same here! I wasn't expecting anything to come of it- the exam was a tough one - so it's a bolt from the blue.
    Might as well give it a shot! The best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

Brilliant well done. Do you mind me asking what score they were calling? Thanks

Anonire wrote: »
    Brilliant well done. Do you mind me asking what score they were calling? Thanks

Didn't say actually - just said you have been invited....that's interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

Didn't say actually - just said you have been invited....that's interesting!

Thanks best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Connected99

I am curious to know, Is it those who scored over 126 in the aptitude tests who are now being called for video interview nationwide?

I am curious to know, Is it those who scored over 126 in the aptitude tests who are now being called for video interview nationwide?

i scored 121 and got called

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭dee75

Can I ask the others who've just been called for regional locations, what was your score from the tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RWC15champions

dee75 wrote: »
    Can I ask the others who've just been called for regional locations, what was your score from the tests?

Mine was over 121 so I'm sure that's not the answer you are looking for! Would be interesting to know though....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Irishder wrote: »
    No idea sorry.

Can I ask a question regarding the pay scale. If successful we would obviously go in on the starting point. Is it yearly increases after that as per the scale, assuming no pay freezes?

Thanks

Yes that is correct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭dee75

Mine was over 121 so I'm sure that's not the answer you are looking for! Would be interesting to know though....

Thanks for that! And best of luck to you and everyone called forward at this point.

Yeah, would love to know what the lowest score was of those called forward so we can see how close (or not) some of us might be to getting called up in a second regional batch.

My own score is in the 110 to 115 range.

Also, if people feel comfortable sharing what counties they selected (or even region, like South East, or Midlands).

Advertisement