Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2020 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

InsideEdge wrote: »
    Yes, took just under 3 weeks for the results of the video test to come back.

Is it just pass or fail or are you scored?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭InsideEdge

Irishder wrote: »
    Is it just pass or fail or are you scored?

You get a notification saying you have (or haven't!) reached the qualifying standard and get given a score.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Cheeseplant

Hi all
    Well done to those placed on panels in batch 1. Am I correct that batch 2 Dublin has had final interview ans now panelled, batch 2 Dublin is now on Etray and Batch 1 regions has just done video interviews?
    Scored 116 for Dublin and hoping for a batch 3 in the coming weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,541 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

MrsBean wrote: »
    Just got notice of my interview board members. Two of them have interviewed me before and I really hope they don't remember me as neither of those interviews were my finest hour. It's all starting to feel very real now!

The chances of remembering anything significant about a particular candidate from a year or more ago, when they probably interviewed maybe 30-40 candidates in a week are slim.

But even if they do - they won't care. You will be marked on your current interview and your form. In general terms, they WANT to qualify people, provided they meet the requirements of the role.

Why would they do anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

Hi all
    Well done to those placed on panels in batch 1. Am I correct that batch 2 Dublin has had final interview ans now panelled, batch 2 Dublin is now on Etray and Batch 1 regions has just done video interviews?
    Scored 116 for Dublin and hoping for a batch 3 in the coming weeks...

Heya, pretty much but not quite.. I have my interview next week - had a test Zoom call today with PAS which was called 'Test call - batch 1.1'. So batch 1 interviews are ongoing.

As far as I know batch 2 (or batch 1.2?) are due to do e-tray next week, and the regionals are doing video interviews at the moment. I'd wager you'd be correct in thinking batch 3 would be contacted in coming weeks.

• Advertisement

Heya, pretty much but not quite.. I have my interview next week - had a test Zoom call today with PAS which was called 'Test call - batch 1.1'. So batch 1 interviews are ongoing.

As far as I know batch 2 are due to do e-tray next week, and the regionals are doing video interviews at the moment. I'd wager you'd be correct in thinking batch 3 would be contacted in coming weeks.

That's the same for me. I had my Zoom test today and I was batch 1.1 and will have my interview next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 marley83

As far as I know batch 2 (or batch 1.2?) are due to do e-tray next week, and the regionals are doing video interviews at the moment. I'd wager you'd be correct in thinking batch 3 would be contacted in coming weeks.

Yep, Dublin Batch 2 are doing e-trays next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Cheeseplant

thanks All.
    @MrsBean and Inside Edge- good luck next week :)
    Can't imagine they would remember you MrsBean, but if they do, they will want you on the panel this time as 2nd time lucky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Rosia

marley83 wrote: »
    Yep, Dublin Batch 2 are doing e-trays next week.

Have you had confirmation of this? I qualified for etray in batch 2 but I haven't received any notification yet.

Rosia wrote: »
    Have you had confirmation of this? I qualified for etray in batch 2 but I haven't received any notification yet.

I’m in Dublin batch 2, and was informed that the e-tray will take place next week. Maybe they don’t notify all candidates at the same time? This is my first time to get this far (!), so not sure how it all works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nicole2020

I’m in Dublin batch 2 and haven’t received confirmation that e tray is next week either! When did you get a message?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

It could be that batch 2 is bigger and they are doing it in stages? 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 etc. If ye are worried no harm in shooting pas an email on Monday morning to clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

The chances of remembering anything significant about a particular candidate from a year or more ago, when they probably interviewed maybe 30-40 candidates in a week are slim.

But even if they do - they won't care. You will be marked on your current interview and your form. In general terms, they WANT to qualify people, provided they meet the requirements of the role.

Why would they do anything else?

I've been interviewed by two panels containing the same person, first time unsuccessful (AP) second time successful (HEO). Another person who interviewed me on a different panel (unsuccessful) is now my current PO and has not mentioned meeting me before, but I remember them!

Nicole2020 wrote: »
    I’m in Dublin batch 2 and haven’t received confirmation that e tray is next week either! When did you get a message?

Last Monday, 12th Oct.

It could be that batch 2 is bigger and they are doing it in stages? 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 etc. If ye are worried no harm in shooting pas an email on Monday morning to clarify.

Yeah I think I’m going to message them just to be on the safe side, especially when communication went out last Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

Tried logging on this morning to do the interview :pac::pac::pac:

Temporarily Unavailable.
    We are currently experiencing abnormally high traffic volumes and are working to restore all services as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Dying of a cold and feeling pretty miserable so don't think I'd be putting out too much positivity and vibrant energy in any case - ah well, will check back later

Tails142 wrote: »

Temporarily Unavailable.
    We are currently experiencing abnormally high traffic volumes and are working to restore all services as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Dying of a cold and feeling pretty miserable so don't think I'd be putting out too much positivity and vibrant energy in any case - ah well, will check back later

That is really frustrating, I hope you're not getting too stressed. Best of luck when you get on and I'm sure they will take this glitch into account. Hope you feel better soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pdbtsi

Nicole2020 wrote: »
    Yeah I think I’m going to message them just to be on the safe side, especially when communication went out last Monday!

I'm the same, no notification of dates for e-tray yet. Let us know if you have any luck getting through!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FlexBrowne

Can't log into Sonus for the Video Interview 3 x 3 mins. Doesn't reduce stress! ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FlexBrowne

Tails142 wrote: »

Temporarily Unavailable.

Yup. Same here. No way of getting in. My guess is that people are logged in and spending ages practicing. Come on folks. Just do it and log out ffs! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

Not too stressed about it, just would've been handy to get it done now while the kids are out of the house at school and creche, looks like I'll be trying it at 10.30pm now after they're gone to bed, can just imagine one of them running in, in the nip, in the middle of the interview otherwise lol

Ah they'll probably extend the deadline, they got back to me on email me saying they're aware of the problem at least

Pdbtsi wrote: »
    I'm the same, no notification of dates for e-tray yet. Let us know if you have any luck getting through!

I heard back today and they advised there should be a message later on regarding the next stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

FlexBrowne wrote: »
    Yup. Same here. No way of getting in. My guess is that people are logged in and spending ages practicing. Come on folks. Just do it and log out ffs! :-)
    Same here, I got kitted out in my nice shirt and jacket (over my tracksuit bottoms) this morning and I still haven't gotten in. I've changed back to my hoodie until I can get in! Just wish I'd been more motivated over the weekend to do it instead of leaving it until today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Was hoping to do my video interview this evening. Still not able to log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RWC15champions

Deadline has been extended at least.
    Still waiting to hear by how much though, probably gonna be 24 hours I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭glen25

Must be a fairly serious issue with the platform. I haven’t received any update yet on when I can complete the interviews. Starting to worry a little now!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RWC15champions

glen25 wrote: »
    Must be a fairly serious issue with the platform. I haven’t received any update yet on when I can complete the interviews. Starting to worry a little now!

Don't worry, I haven't got any update since 3pm either, not stressing about it until I get another text message.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭glen25

Don't worry, I haven't got any update since 3pm either, not stressing about it until I get another text message.

That’s the time I got my message too. I’m writing today off. I’ll do it tomorrow at some stage all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Gotta say, I found the Sonru experience to be terrible when I used it for the SEO competition recently. Been working from home since March and well used to webcams, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, Discord, etc., but I had a real struggle to get Flash installed and working on my PC. The security warnings aren't exactly subtle about how ****e Flash is and it's completely unsupported from December. It's even hard to find the installer on the Adobe website! But I wanted to use the decent quality webcam and professional headset mic I have, rather than my phone, so I persisted.

Played back my recorded questions (same format as the AP ones) and lo and behold, the audio was intermittently crackly and screechy. Never had that problem before or since, so I can only put it down to Sonru and/or Flash. Evidently PAS decided it was audible enough to be assessed, anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

I reckon they'll have to give another 2 or 3 days.

Advertisement