Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Is it just me or are the leader really pushing covid and impending doom of a level 3 lockdown? I'm not in Limerick obviously but what I read in this thread seems to be at odds with the leaders reporting. It's like they are revelling in the fearmongering even worse than RTE.

This is the paper that gave space on 2 separate weeks to a boy racer trying to get a speed bump flattened in his village because his car couldn't drive over it. A topic like covid & potential for restrictions is solid gold for them and will keep them in supply for all sorts of stories for the next 6 months, I'm just surprised they haven't tried to interview the virus itself yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭chicorytip

The point? How about giving people their livelihoods back? How about giving isolated people a social outlet? How about giving the general population some semblance of normality? How about giving people a regulated environment in which to enjoy themselves and forget about all that's going on around them?
    Large numbers of people are congregating on the streets after closing time whilst not observing social distancing. Cornmarket Row last Monday evening, for example. It was like Rag Week with the usual queue of taxis around the block.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,274 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

chicorytip wrote: »
    Large numbers of people are congregating on the streets after closing time whilst not observing social distancing. Cornmarket Row last Monday evening, for example. It was like Rag Week with the usual queue of taxis around the block.

It was ragweek no?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

chicorytip wrote: »

Went to Bobby Byrne's with family on Tuesday it was a disgrace they were packing the students into the beer garden and back bar.Didnt know it had become a student pub

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

bigpink wrote: »
    Went to Bobby Byrne's with family on Tuesday it was a disgrace they were packing the students into the beer garden and back bar.Didnt know it had become a student pub
    Did you think to ring the guards and report what you saw? Kind of pointless coming on here 3 days later and complaining about it if you didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

I was working nights this week and usually stopped in the petrol station beside the Hurlers before I head off. Usually around 1am. All week its been packed with pissed students. Congregating and on top of each other. In the shop with no masks on, sharing masks and jumping into taxis with no masks on. The guards always pull in there and they don't even bat an eyelid to the goings on.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

35 house parties broke up since Sunday in Castletroy, presume as near UCL students

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    35 house parties broke up since Sunday in Castletroy, presume as near UCL students

Mad stuff some people are just beyond reasoning with

• Registered Users Posts: 51,196 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's reassuring to know that when the nation is asked for a bit of self responsibility and maturity in the midst of a global crisis that the typical Irish idiot steps up to the mark and won't be found wanting.

cheers-to-a-job-well-done-1394.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

breezy1985 wrote: »
    It was ragweek no?

Rag week is usually in Feb?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,274 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

alroley wrote: »
    Rag week is usually in Feb?

Oh right I thought it was the first week of college every year hence the confusion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Oh right I thought it was the first week of college every year hence the confusion
    Freshers week or some such excuse to act the feckin ape!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Wonder if UL will flex as UCC has done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

We are going the wrong way again folks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Garryowen game called off tomorrow.

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/sport/578150/garryowen-s-clash-with-cork-con-in-energia-community-series-is-cancelled.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Supposedly the results of a test of a player, related to a positive test, did not come back before 24 hour deadline.

Freshers Week Rag Week should have been cancelled, the colleges need to get more stricter with students, start fining them, cut grants etc., suspensions

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I think all social activities, official ones at least, had been cancelled in UL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Miike wrote: »
    Wonder if UL will flex as UCC has done

What have UCC done?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Miike wrote: »
    Let's hope we see more of this from all colleges

• Advertisement

We are f****d

We are f****d

31 in Limerick

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

19 and 31 after weeks of low numbers. That sounds like there been a specific cluster. Maybe another meat factory outbreak?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

19 and 31 after weeks of low numbers. That sounds like there been a specific cluster. Maybe another meat factory outbreak?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Freshers Week Rag Week should have been cancelled, the colleges need to get more stricter with students, start fining them, cut grants etc., suspensions

I don't think there was any Fresher's Week?
    Grants are nothing to do with what university, that's all on SUSI.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,638 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I see Dr Patrick Morrissey from the Adare Medical Practice decided to breach Covid regulations and travel into an area on level 3 lockdown.
    To protest against the Public health guidance and regulations.
    To lend his weight to spurious since, anti-vaxxers and 5g conspiracies.

This protest is not essential travel. I'd hope he has far more competence with his patients, than he does with simple public health guidelines.

IMG-20201004-WA0001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Glenomra

banie01 wrote: »
    I see Dr Patrick Morrissey from the Adare Medical Practice decided to breach Covid regulations and travel into an area on level 3 lockdown.
    To protest against the Public health guidance and regulations.
    To lend his weight to spurious since, anti-vaxxers and 5g conspiracies.

This protest is not essential travel. I'd hope he has far more competence with his patients, than he does with simple public health guidelines.

IMG-20201004-WA0001.jpg
    Listened to his speech. A voice of reason.. hope the 'deep state's don't take him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Glenomra wrote:
    Listened to his speech. A voice of reason.. hope the 'deep state's don't take him out.

Are you serious?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,638 ✭✭✭✭banie01

kilburn wrote: »
    Are you serious?

I'm hoping that he isn't!
    But ya never know!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement