Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Limerick should be big enough for a few breweries anyway

Think so?My brother and business partner had the idea of a brewpub few years ago and could get zero help from the council or enterprise board.They also had a festival ready to go and a another publician made sure it didn't happen

• Registered Users Posts: 24,415 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

bigpink wrote: »
    Think so?My brother and business partner had the idea of a brewpub few years ago and could get zero help from the council or enterprise board.They also had a festival ready to go and a another publician made sure it didn't happen

I don't know anything about dealing with the council. I was talking about Treaty City not needing to feel worried about competition as there should be enough customers or there for both

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

mdmix wrote: »
    If a healthy person and a cancer patient are hit by a bus and die, how many people were killed by the bus? Presumably you would say 1 person was killed by the bus and 1 person died of cancer

Can anyone explain why the above post was red-carded.??
    Seems like a valid comment to me anyway.!

P.S. received 8 Thanks also, so others agree.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

washman3 wrote: »
    Can anyone explain why the above post was red-carded.??
    Seems like a valid comment to me anyway.!

P.S. received 8 Thanks also, so others agree.

Presumably because Yop never posts in the Limerick forum, gives no impression that he reads this thread unless someone reports something in it, and generally likes to over-react to most stuff whenever he does get involved in anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Presumably because Yop never posts in the Limerick forum, gives no impression that he reads this thread unless someone reports something in it, and generally likes to over-react to most stuff whenever he does get involved in anything.

Was gonna say maybe it's because it has nothing to do with the thread, Coronavirus in Limerick, but no one else was infracted so who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Read about it somewhere it's 3 guys from the North.Said they looked all over Ireland.Id said Treaty City ain't too happy considering Crew got help from the enterprise board

Why? Do you know anything about the brewery trade, the guys in treaty are probably delighted theres another brewery. They're all a community and want more not less competition

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Mc Love wrote: »
    Why? Do you know anything about the brewery trade, the guys in treaty are probably delighted theres another brewery. They're all a community and want more not less competition

I don't know much about brewing no.Family in the food and drink trade.So Treaty City are happy that someone has opened a similar business?I could be wrong but is CREW a pub aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

I don't know much about brewing no.Family in the food and drink trade.So Treaty City are happy that someone has opened a similar business?I could be wrong but is CREW a pub aswell?

Steve from Treaty City seemed happy on a virtual craft beer festival a few weeks back that Limericks craft beer scene is increasing, especially during lockdown. As someone said earlier, the craft beer brewing scene has a massive community with many breweries keeping in touch regularly and in some cases collaborating on joint beers.

Plus, they are two very different entities, TCB is well established (pumping out a sizable amount of bottles, cans and kegs) with brewery tours as well, Crew will only be small batch brewing and serving other beers as well in their bar - they've no immediate plans to scale up their brewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Treaty City isn’t a pub

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mod Note:
    Just to clarify for some posters. There were 2 warnings in there to keep it on track from me and at least once from other mods.
    The thread was previously closed as it went way off track and I opened it again.

And just to clarify I do read the threads. Back seat moderation isn't needed thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

This one goes out to all our fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOGaugKpzs

I have a job, and I typically do that during work hours. I tried to tell my boss that my primary focus should be keeping it civil on a mid-west based forum, but he was having none of it!

If you have a problem with a post, report it. Someone will have a look at it, and act on it if appropriate.

Out of curiosity, any parents here doing trick or treating this year?

Literally don't know if I should get sweets and maybe one of those claw yokes to keep 2m from callers, or have the lights off completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Nope won't be handing out anything here or opening the door. I think it would be pretty foolish anyway for anyone to go trick or treating, collecting a potential bag of infection from multiple houses. A year without Halloween won't kill anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I will buy all the sweets, put them in a bowl and refuse to answer the door. I shall then eat the contents of the bowl. WIN! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭BobMc

same as previous years for us, house in darkness and no door answering for us, saturday night so beers aplenty to numb the sounds of bangers

Cheers!

Feel sorry for the younger kids who don't fully understand whats going on, so figured I'd see what a consensus was before I spent a small fortune on sweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just buy a bag of pre-bagged sweets like the ones Haribo does and hand them out instead. You could even dress up as a surgeon when answering the door. You would probably need to disinfect the door bell after every visitor

• Registered Users Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Out of curiosity, any parents here doing trick or treating this year?

Literally don't know if I should get sweets and maybe one of those claw yokes to keep 2m from callers, or have the lights off completely.

Only people that call to us every year is family. There's two other young kids who live across the road who'll call over and you might get one random group of kids that call if they see you handing out sweets as they pass.

I'd say about ten kids call every year so we'll have sweets as its mostly family bar the odd two.

Please read this carefully. This thread is about Corona Virus in Limerick. Not about modding issues. I am tired of warnings, I will be moving straight onto infractions, followed by bans for repeat offenders.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I was thinking of maybe taking my son to some very specific houses. A neighbour who has asked that he call around, my grandmother and my parents. I've seen an idea to take a drive or walk with young kids and give them a treat for every decorated house they see, so we might do something like that. And we'll just make a big, big deal of it at home. Make creepy foods, bob for apples, carve pumpkins, have some sparklers, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

We're a lights out house most years. I think the kids only call to houses with decorations around here. Definintely not planning to invite opportunities for infection. Right now I'm even planning how to do Christmas with two weeks between the parents and the in-laws (two different counties, not Limerick)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Anyone else a little uneasy at 2 higher days in a row numbers wise?
    This is how Donegal started.....
    Probably just being overly pessimistic but..........they seem mad keen to mention us in the high risk counties, despite all evidence to the contrary of late. This isn't heling our cause.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Probably just being overly pessimistic but..........they seem mad keen to mention us in the high risk counties, despite all evidence to the contrary of late. This isn't heling our cause.......

They keep mentioning us because we are one of the largest urban centres in the country, so any increase is watched closely. We are nowhere near the headline counties in terms of infections though so barring ridiculous jumps in numbers we should be able to fly under the radar for a while longer (if they don't decide to put the whole country back to level 4 :D)

I think sometimes it's the nature of the infection too. If they can say that the increase was a few households that are not likely to go much further as opposed to a house party with 20 people who all work and live in different places which is like a cluster bomb going off

MarkR wrote: »

Glad to see the Northside has gone down a colour

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Is it just me or are the leader really pushing covid and impending doom of a level 3 lockdown? I'm not in Limerick obviously but what I read in this thread seems to be at odds with the leaders reporting. It's like they are revelling in the fearmongering even worse than RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Friends dont let friends read the leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

dashoonage wrote: »
    Friends dont let friends read the leader.

I follow them on Instagram. They seem to be very doom and gloom focused at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

I follow them on Instagram. They seem to be very doom and gloom focused at the moment.

Doom, gloom and fear sells..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement