Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Probably still on the list from a few weeks ago. Also North Limerick is one of the worst outside Dublin

And the numbers waiting on trolleys is getting bad again so any further strain on the general will be detrimental.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

RTÉ and Mícheál Lehane expect... Expect.... Limerick to go to level 3 at weekend.....
    Lads, WTF is going on. Numbers are going down, not up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

RTÉ and Mícheál Lehane expect... Expect.... Limerick to go to level 3 at weekend.....
    Lads, WTF is going on. Numbers are going down, not up!

Absolute bull****, we haven’t been anywhere near a concern over the past few days. No logic or reason to imposing restrictions simply means those restrictions will be completely ignored.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Probably still on the list from a few weeks ago. Also North Limerick is one of the worst outside Dublin

Those local area numbers are a week out of date (Sep 1st -14th)

And as RivetingRoger says the Limerick numbers have been on a downward trend. The incidence rate in Limerick is now down in the mid 40s from the mid 60s two weeks ago. How on earth can we be Level 2 when they announced the levels last week and then go up to Level 3 when county numbers are decreasing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

bigpink wrote: »
    Walked past the Commercial last night sounded very lively

Video from the Leader today, mostly featuring the Commercial: https://www.limerickleader.ie/video/news/575442/watch-life-has-been-put-back-in-our-building-joy-in-limerick-as-non-food-pubs-re-open.amp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,413 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Those local area numbers are a week out of date (Sep 1st -14th)

And as RivetingRoger says the Limerick numbers have been on a downward trend. The incidence rate in Limerick is now down in the mid 40s from the mid 60s two weeks ago. How on earth can we be Level 2 when they announced the levels last week and then go up to Level 3 when county numbers are decreasing?

I didnt mean it as a defence of todays announcement just they are behind on their own data

An issue with a Level 3 lockdown is Limerick people will just flock to Kerry/Clare/Tipperary.

Theres plenty who have their parents house or a holiday home on a form of ID to bypass checkpoints, or live near the border to begin with.

We need stronger enforcement of guidelines, we need guards breaking up house parties, we need patrols in the city centre to monitor businesses, and we need idiots to start wearing masks and keeping 2m away from other groups where possible to prevent the preventable cases.

An issue with a Level 3 lockdown is Limerick people will just flock to Kerry/Clare/Tipperary.

Theres plenty who have their parents house or a holiday home on a form of ID to bypass checkpoints, or live near the border to begin with.

We need stronger enforcement of guidelines, we need guards breaking up house parties, we need patrols in the city centre to monitor businesses, and we need idiots to start wearing masks and keeping 2m away from other groups where possible to prevent the preventable cases.

We have already had a lack of enforcement in Limerick for years now so I wouldnt hold my breath

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Louche Lad wrote: »

This was Friday I heard the crowd in there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Is 'North Limerick' a new buzzword.?
    Never heard of it before.!!
    Heard of 'the whest' 'd'east' and 'da south' and then 'di city'.
    Is 'North Limerick' the river Shannon by any chance...??
    I'm baffled.!!! :confused:

• Advertisement

washman3 wrote: »

It an electoral area. One of three in the city area. North, East and West.

North limerick city, ie The North Side.... Caherdavin, Clare view, Moyross, Balla, Kileely, D'Island, Thomond gate etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭snowcat

bazz26 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's not really comparing like for like to be honest. We Irish like our drinking sessions a lot more than typically those from the Continent who would generally have drinks with a meal rather than just knocking back pints until they get told to leave. You are really putting a lot of faith in people to act responsible and like social distancing, that can go out the window when large amounts of alcohol is consumed.

Ive lived in Spain. You have never lived in Spain..chupitos (shots for 2 euro), G+T's. copas (vodka rum) that are 3 times a measure size of Ireland. They drink all night and a beer for breakfast is common. The bars are open there since May as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

snowcat wrote:
    Ive lived in Spain. You have never lived in Spain..chupitos (shots for 2 euro), G+T's. copas (vodka rum) that are 3 times a measure size of Ireland. They drink all night and a beer for breakfast is common. The bars are open there since May as well.

Yep and look what's happening there.

Anyway this is the Limerick thread so let's get back to it.

Non mask wearing is bad enough but the amount of masks being thrown on the ground is brutal, littering is ignorant full stop but littering with face masks is a whole new level of ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I can now sleep much sounder at night knowing the social lifestyle of the Spaniards.

5 cases in limerick today.
    Much lower than most of the "in danger counties" again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

George Lee has a story on RTE app showing data from HSPC that Limerick is now 10th on the list a significant drop in the last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭moby2101

kilburn wrote: »
    George Lee has a story on RTE app showing data from HSPC that Limerick is now 10th on the list a significant drop in the last week

George Lee he was a TD!!!

Good news for Limerick, Christ the last thing we need is to go to level 3, City Centre is on its knees and badly needs Pubs restaurants to stay open.

Yeah I said it yesterday that the 14 day incidence rate was down to the mid 40s. I noticed earlier that Sundays <5 figure has been revised down to 0, so I think its actually down to around 41 now.

Infuriating thar RTÉ still mentioning us even as recent as 9pm news and prime time as likely level 3s

• Advertisement

Infuriating thar RTÉ still mentioning us even as recent as 9pm news and prime time as likely level 3s

Probably trying to use shock tactics to force some to cop tf on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Probably trying to use shock tactics to force some to cop tf on.

Do you honestly think those that they are trying to 'shock' listen to George Lee on RTE SIX1 news.....
    He's like a priest at Sunday morning mass preaching to a congregation of 80 year olds on how they should live their lives.

Do you honestly think those that they are trying to 'shock' listen to George Lee on RTE SIX1 news.....
    He's like a priest at Sunday morning mass preaching to a congregation of 80 year olds on how they should live their lives.

No but they probably listen to the news outlets too lazy to do their own reporting as they recycle and repurpose what was said in the last 48 hours on RTE, Twitter and the papers.

Let's not forget the tabloids would only be gleeful to have some apocalyptic prediction story on someplace other than Dublin because "sources at RTE" hinted at something.

5 cases in limerick today.
    Much lower than most of the "in danger counties" again

Considering we were bad only a few weeks ago and parts of the county still aren't great I kind of expect it. On top of that ourselves, Dublin and Cork can probably expect to be on these lists alot as the countries biggest cities.

I don't think we are close to level 3 anymore though and should only go up if the whole country does on current figures so I just take these lists on the news with a pinch of salt

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭greenkiwi1

Anywhere in Limerick where I can get a PCR test - needs to be a 3 day turn a round. Am expecting to pay for this service.....

May need to fly back to NZ for family reasons and the UAE airlines require a negative COVID-19 result obtained with in 3 days of flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Barrington's maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Do the numbers for each electoral area ever get updated? It's still showing 1st-14th September.

Louche Lad wrote: »
    Do the numbers for each electoral area ever get updated? It's still showing 1st-14th September.

Probably not till the next 14 day period is over

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

snowcat wrote: »

Never heard of people having beer for breakfast in Spain...
    Problem in Spain now is what we call "bush drinking". Lots of youngsters who have been gathering for parties outside etc. I've been here since the start of July and it's astonishing the amount of people who just don't give a f*ck. There are more people in the ICU in Granada than in the whole of Ireland at the moment. I don't know what's behind the stats though. More testing in Spain? How the tests are deciphered etc...
    People go to bars in Spain (not pubs) a lot more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

The Limerick commuter belt is another classic... :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement