Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

osarusan wrote: »
    :pac:

Yes Neutral.
    Perhaps is your quest to reply so quick you completely ignored the fact, I don't like Trump either was maybe lost on you.

Or you chose to ignore it deliberately as it don't suit your narrative.
    As bad as the republicans are, the democrats fans think and act like they have some moral highground, and superior to the trump supporters when in fact they come across, just as bitter, just as angry, vindictive and as bad at deflection.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,360 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Yes Neutral.
    Perhaps is your quest to reply so quick you completely ignored the fact, I don't like Trump either was maybe lost on you.

As bad as the republicans are, the democrats fans think and act like they have some moral highground, and superior to the trump supporters when in fact they come across, just as bitter, just as angry, vindictive and as bad at deflection.

Who do you think is more bitter, angry, vindictive and deflective. Biden or Trump?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Yes Neutral.

You’re about as neutral as Brexiteers.

Who do you think is more bitter, angry, vindictive and deflective. Biden or Trump?

I was referring to their supporters.

as for the candidates,
    I think Biden is certainly smarter....however he is just as, 2 faced as Trump, but with Trump you know what you are getting and is more transparent.

I think Trump is a better orator than biden, problem is Trump is like one of those evangelical religious nuts who can rile up people, while Biden has the charisma of a bucket of piss left in the sunlight, and could be the cure for insomnia

Trumps comes across as more vigorous, whilst Biden comes across older and weaker.

Biden is the better candidate, but does not mean he is any good, just that he is less worse than Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,217 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Meanwhile, a far more serious issue appears to be postal workers have to actively resist against administration interference.

https://twitter.com/MrDanZak/status/1310945510543552518
    That is really sad the head of the USPS is a big trump supporter and he is trying to run it into the ground seemingly!

https://www.nytimes.com/article/general-louis-dejoy-postmaster.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

duploelabs wrote: »
    The fact that it cost 70 grand is the point you're missing

Was it a $5 haircut and $69,995 consultancy fees to a family member for style advice? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,240 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

gmisk wrote: »
    That is really sad the head of the USPS is a big trump supporter and he is trying to run it into the ground seemingly!

https://www.nytimes.com/article/general-louis-dejoy-postmaster.html

i wonder why he would want to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Interesting to see latest poll from North Dakota (hardcore Republican state) has Trump with a 19% lead over Biden as you'd expect. However Trump won ND by 36% in 2016. Even for a poll a 17 point swing is huge and well outside any margin of error. Signals even in the red heartland people are not all in on Trump as they were in 2016.

There is definitely a shift going on, you can even see it in Republican Texas where Biden is within 4 or 5 points of Trump. Texas should be a cake walk for the Republicans but now it isnt so they are having to spend money and resources there to ensure it doesnt flip Democrat.

Another factor is peoples motivation for voting, Fox News polls have shown that among strong Biden voters 63% of them are doing so not to vote for Biden but to vote against Trump. They've had four years of Trump and now they want him out. Many who stayed on the sidelines in 2016 because they didnt like Hillary will now be getting onto the pitch having realised they ended up with something far worse. Hatred of a candidate is a very powerful motivator to actually go out and vote and many voters will see this as their chance to get Trump out once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,919 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

have you anything to say about the Veritas information / police investigation or are you trying to deflect?

That anyone still finds Project Veritas credible is itself incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭eire4

Foxtrol wrote: »
    You're wrong, there is plenty of evidence. Look at Bernie, he ran twice on that kind of message and lost twice in the primaries. If he couldn't get support of mainstream democrats he would have been destroyed when you add in republicans and independents.

The US isn't what you think it is and their voting habits show it.

Ahh I see because I have a different view to you I am wrong.

I do not claim to have omniscient powers when it comes to the US. But nonetheless I can see that roughly half of Americans do not vote when you take the presidential and mid terms elections together. So clearly a vast swathe of Americans have given up on the system. I can also see that their system is utterly corrupted and dysfunctional with DC largely bought and paid for and that neither party has any interest in legislating for the best economic interests of the vast majority of Americans.

You mention the independent senator Bernie Sanders who ran in the last 2 presidential elections as a Democrat and did not win. Absolutely true. Although it does not prove anything about my point which is a contention that until the Democratic party stops being a corporate controlled party and returns to being an FDR style party they will continue to be what they are a corporate controlled party that legislates mostly in the wealthy's best interests and American will continue to decline overall as a country because given their system is so corrupt the alternative is a Republican party that at this point IMHO is only semi democratic party and is utterly bought and paid for by a very small group at the very top of the economic ladder.

Your last point is pure speculation. We will never know as he did nor run as the Democratic candidate with the parties full support in a general election. Personally I think he would have won in 2016 if he would of run with the full support of the Democratic party but that is pure speculation on my part also. We will never know.

As for your implication that you know what the US is and I do not well. Well I cannot agree with your omniscience about what the US is. We know that the US has roughly half it's population not vote so we cannot say with a certain knowledge how the US would look politically and economically if most of that half of the population did vote. What we can say with certainty is that the system is corrupted by money and dysfunctional to the point IMHO it is at best an oligarchy not a democracy.

My contention is that the Democrats should legislate in the best economic interests of the vast majority of Americans. They might lose in the short term but if they kept doing the right things I believe they would win in the long term. Republicans have played a long game to get to where they are and leave America in the sorry state it is. Democrats returning to an FDR style party might have to be a strategy that takes a while to come to full fruition as well. But aside from being the right thing to do it is also a good plan IMHO. Your focus seems to be laser beam on winning elections right now regardless of the consequences. That short term myopia has been what has lead the Democrats to where they are at and while they will and have won elections to an extent they have struggled fundamentally because all they really offer is that they are the lesser evil so any short term wins in the past have not translated long term because all along Republicans have played a long game and further corrupted the system in ways to maintain power as the corporate Democrats myopic thinking seems them unable to beat the Republicans at their own game in any fundamental way.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭DraftDodger

Overheal wrote: »
    That anyone still finds Project Veritas credible is itself incredible.

Or CNN or Fox tbh.

Wow. Joe refusing to submit to the very fair earpiece check. Not a good look and suspicions have to be raised :eek:

https://www.westernjournal.com/report-biden-reneges-now-wont-submit-search-earpiece-debate/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

have you anything to say about the Veritas information / police investigation or are you trying to deflect?

I'll wait for the police investigation, Seeing as you lads avoid talking about Trump refusing to supply his D.N.A to prove his innocence of rape why would I talk about something from a very unreliable source?

If the police find people guilty of voter fraud then i say lock them up and throw away the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Wow. Joe refusing to submit to the very fair earpiece check. Not a good look and suspicions have to be raised :eek:

https://www.westernjournal.com/report-biden-reneges-now-wont-submit-search-earpiece-debate/

How many times do you guys have to post the same talking points? The journalist in question walked back this claim afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Did he also refuse a drug test? I'm not sure weather these reports on ear pieces and drug testing are true to be fair. He did refuse extra debates, that is a fact. Cant wait for it now, gonna be EPIC! The "master debater" Biden getting his wrinkly ass handed to him by POTUS!

I'll wait for the police investigation, Seeing as you lads avoid talking about Trump refusing to supply his D.N.A to prove his innocence of rape why would I talk about something from a very unreliable source?

If the police find people guilty of voter fraud then i say lock them up and throw away the key.

Never heard of that, could you provide a link as I'd like to read more into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

No he didn't

https://twitter.com/ebonybowden/status/1310999999573110784?s=20

what time does this debate happen ?

might find a link for this

• Registered Users Posts: 22,586 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Cant wait for it now, gonna be EPIC! The "master debater" Biden getting his wrinkly ass handed to him by POTUS!

You sound like an overexcited teenager.

what time does this debate happen ?

might find a link for this

AFAIK its 2am Irish time

• Advertisement

Did he also refuse a drug test? I'm not sure weather these reports on ear pieces and drug testing are true to be fair. He did refuse extra debates, that is a fact. Cant wait for it now, gonna be EPIC! The "master debater" Biden getting his wrinkly ass handed to him by POTUS!

They have refused Biden toilet breaks which might be interesting.

How have you not? It's been brought up dozens of times in this thread.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/obviously-required-to-provide-it-trump-given-deadlines-to-produce-dna-in-e-jean-carrolls-defamation-lawsuit/

https://theintercept.com/2020/09/09/bill-barr-trump-justice-sexual-assault-case/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,240 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

spare us the feigned ignorance. you're fooling nobody

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Source please.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You sound like you need to breath into a brown paper bag

This is nonsense...
    Typical Trumpian tactics throw enough crap at the wall and hope some of it sticks...predictable at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

What age are you, out of interest? Eight?

spare us the feigned ignorance. you're fooling nobody

How am I feigning ignorance? I asked for links so I could read up on it!

• Advertisement

FFS...absolute rubbish

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement