Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Biden and Harris have both released their 2019 tax returns ahead of the debate tonight. Clear contrast to the guy in the White House under a tax audit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,156 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Biden and Harris have both released their 2019 tax returns ahead of the debate tonight. Clear contrast to the guy in the White House under a tax audit.

Whilst the intention is to embarrass Trump, this just shows how wealthy US politicians are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭eire4

Foxtrol wrote: »
    No, the 'crap' is believing that these new voters will magically appear out of thin air. There is no evidence of this on a national level in the US, hence why Bernie lost twice. Another example is how most GOP voters vote against nearly every area of their own self interests.

Obamacare, for all its faults and not going far enough, was in the best interests of the vast majority of Americans, yet the Democrats were slaughtered for it at the polls.

There is also no evidence that many who do not vote would not turn out to vote if given a viable reason either. The corporate owned Democrats have for 40 odd years in particular legislated for the wealth and big business. This has seen income inequality explode in the US as an example of how they have abandoned the best economic interests of the vast majority of Americans. The fact remains that the corporate Democrats legislate for the wealthy ang big business and other then some crumbs thrown out to the masses they could care less about the vast majority of Americans economically.

The ACA was and is a step in the right direction no question. However because it did not change the fundamental dynamics of for profit health care in the US health care premiums continue to rise and rise and are unsustainable. The corporate owned Democrats refused to countenance having a system that was anything other then based on profit and peoples ability to have good health care remains based on their ability to pay.

Your also correct the corporate Democrats got slaughtered for it in the initial years. Their bungled roll out of the ACA certainly did not help. Nor did the complex nature of the act nor the heavy administrative burden it put on doctors as examples. That is their own fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Has anyone seen the Project Veritas video showing alleged vote harvesting? I found it very interesting.

Minneapolis police investigating ballot harvesting claims amid allegations surrounding Omar

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/minneapolis-police-omar-ballot-harvesting

I'm no fan of Ilhan Omar but if this is true, she needs to be locked up. If I were American I'd be very worried right now that my vote may not count in November.

Thoughts?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

da_miser wrote: »
    Joe must be having a bad day if he wont agree to something as simple as a ear piece check.
    Could it be we will have car crash TV in a few hours?
    https://twitter.com/ebonybowden/status/1310975414878248961

She's already walking it back.

https://twitter.com/ebonybowden/status/1310999999573110784

To be fair , the Trump team aided by Fox News blinding accepting what they were told bear the responsibility here.

So - Looks like it's all Trump trying to get the excuses lined up.

• Advertisement

Whilst the intention is to embarrass Trump, this just shows how wealthy US politicians are.

They didn't even scan the documents properly, lob sided af

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Predictions on Biden anyone?

He was given the questions
    He was drugged up
    It was a hologram/double
    He had an ear piece

Called it 2 days ago regarding the excuses!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,313 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Has anyone seen the Project Veritas video showing alleged vote harvesting? I found it very interesting.

Minneapolis police investigating ballot harvesting claims amid allegations surrounding Omar

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/minneapolis-police-omar-ballot-harvesting

I'm no fan of Ilhan Omar but if this is true, she needs to be locked up. If I were American I'd be very worried right now that my vote may not count in November.

Thoughts?

The article calls them a controversial group that has produced misleading videos. That’s Fox News calling them that.

salmocab wrote: »
    The article calls them a controversial group that has produced misleading videos. That’s Fox News calling them that.

Absolutely, and as I sad, they are allegations at this point but the Veritas YouTube channel has videos that seem to back up their claims. There is also enough to get the Minneapolis police involved. Veritas are also known to drip feed information so expect more from them in the coming days/weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,312 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

eire4 wrote: »
    There is also no evidence that many who do not vote would not turn out to vote if given a viable reason either. The corporate owned Democrats have for 40 odd years in particular legislated for the wealth and big business. This has seen income inequality explode in the US as an example of how they have abandoned the best economic interests of the vast majority of Americans. The fact remains that the corporate Democrats legislate for the wealthy ang big business and other then some crumbs thrown out to the masses they could care less about the vast majority of Americans economically.

The ACA was and is a step in the right direction no question. However because it did not change the fundamental dynamics of for profit health care in the US health care premiums continue to rise and rise and are unsustainable. The corporate owned Democrats refused to countenance having a system that was anything other then based on profit and peoples ability to have good health care remains based on their ability to pay.

Your also correct the corporate Democrats got slaughtered for it in the initial years. Their bungled roll out of the ACA certainly did not help. Nor did the complex nature of the act nor the heavy administrative burden it put on doctors as examples. That is their own fault.

the corporate owned democrats? how do you write that with a straight face?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Isn't Trump a billionaire?

So having wealthy people running the country was supposed to be the best thing, or at least that was the message in 2016.

They didn't even scan the documents properly, lob sided af

Yeah, they are terrible. Much better to lie constantly about releasing them and then refusing to release them once in office.

The rotters!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Absolutely, and as I sad, they are allegations at this point but the Veritas YouTube channel has videos that seem to back up their claims. There is also enough to get the Minneapolis police involved. Veritas are also known to drip feed information so expect more from them in the coming days/weeks.

A lot of "alleged" and "seem to" in you posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

eire4 wrote: »

You're wrong, there is plenty of evidence. Look at Bernie, he ran twice on that kind of message and lost twice in the primaries. If he couldn't get support of mainstream democrats he would have been destroyed when you add in republicans and independents.

The US isn't what you think it is and their voting habits show it.

One needs to be very careful with their words

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

One needs to be very careful with their words

Plausible deniability, Trump uses it a lot as well.

Yeah the I heard line he rolls out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

They are one step from 'many people are saying...'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Biden is an incredibly weak candidate. You'll never get the never trumpers on here to admit that but we all know deep down they realise that also.

something about "but trump never paid taxes"

The biden fans cannot accept he is abysmally weak.,
    This is the party that gave us JFK, Bill clinton and Obama, and recently they have given hilary and biden.

How anyone can claim they are not going backwards is beyond me.

**placeholder for someone to claim but...but..but trump is worse....in a case of deflecting from this**

have you anything to say about the Veritas information / police investigation or are you trying to deflect?

• Advertisement

something about "but trump never paid taxes"

The biden fans cannot accept he is abysmally weak.,
    This is the party that gave us JFK, Bill clinton and Obama, and recently they have given hilary and biden.

How anyone can claim they are not going backwards is beyond me.

**placeholder for someone to claim but...but..but trump is worse....in a case of deflecting from this**

Why is Biden an abysmally weak candidate?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Yeah. This time that crowd who produces all those misleading videos has finally released an honest video. Seems legit.

It shouldn't be too hard to find out if ballot harvesting was going on in a place and time when it was illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,312 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Yeah. This time that crowd who produces all those misleading videos has finally released an honest video. Seems legit.

It shouldn't be too hard to find out if ballot harvesting was going on in a place and time when it was illegal.

even a blind squirrel finds the occasional nut

• Registered Users Posts: 16,585 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

As a neutral I find...

:pac:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

have you anything to say about the Veritas information / police investigation or are you trying to deflect?

1st question to ask yourself about the Project Veritas stuff.

If I'm committing a crime , why the hell would I video myself doing it and provide commentary?

I mean , I know people can be thick and criminals have incriminated themselves before , but seriously?

It fails the basic sniff test of legitimacy right there.

And that's before you add in the copious "previous" that O'Keefe has for fabrication.

Meanwhile, a far more serious issue appears to be postal workers have to actively resist against administration interference.

https://twitter.com/MrDanZak/status/1310945510543552518

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    1st question to ask yourself about the Project Veritas stuff.

If I'm committing a crime , why the hell would I video myself doing it and provide commentary?

I mean , I know people can be thick and criminals have incriminated themselves before , but seriously?

It fails the basic sniff test of legitimacy right there.

And that's before you add in the copious "previous" that O'Keefe has for fabrication.

The likes of project Veritas is something that everyone knows is going to turn out false but it distracts from other stuff going on, it fills space for people to make claims about the legitimacy of the election without having anything credible to say. Post the rubbish make a vague statement waste some time move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

salmocab wrote: »
    The likes of project Veritas is something that everyone knows is going to turn out false but it distracts from other stuff going on, it fills space for people to make claims about the legitimacy of the election without having anything credible to say. Post the rubbish make a vague statement waste some time move on.

It's little more than a variation on "just asking questions"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭eire4

the corporate owned democrats? how do you write that with a straight face?

Are you suggesting that the Democratic party is not beholden to its wealthy corporate financial backers?

and to answer your question very easily given its truth.

To clarify I am not for a minute suggesting that the Republican party are not even worse. At this point the Republican party economically acts for and on behalf of Americans wealthy top 1% and major corporations. But it is a function of how corrupt and broken the US system is and so beholden to money that the cooperate Democrats are merely a lesser evil economically then the Republicans.

• Advertisement

Quin_Dub wrote: »

Is there footage that was openly filmed? All I have seen are secret recordings...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement