Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I am your twin. Especially when it comes to the dog, its a big dog so when the house is quiet and it out of the lets a massive bark it makes my hangryness so much worse. I just shout 'Bed!' it goes to the bed, I feel terrible, its just being a dog. Last night I was so frustrated with the little one, we were well over an hour trying to get food in to her, had toys and distractions, the works. So when the OH offered to take over I went for a run to calm down.

Work is up the walls and I think my weekend will be all work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Sounds rough Jude. I mentioned before that when i cut calories i get moody and tired (more moody that normal according to my OH!!). I think it's a natural reaction for a lot of people. Throw in work, lack of sleep and life's general stresses and can get a bit much for anyone.

Good that you got out for a run, if for the head space more than anything.

Cheers dude, I am not Michael Douglas in falling down. My OH says she's not noticing but its creeping up in my head. Running is my mind medicine diet or no diet. Never regret having a run.

I have the cadburys delivery coming next week. Its going to be tough.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This sums me up.

frfl6Ai.jpg

We're in the process of training our dog to not go up on furniture, it's been a great success with the living room. But she loves going up on our bed, and barking out the window at the garden birds, even the wind sets her off sometimes. She'll get there eventually, I have a nice new dog blanket on the way for encouraging her to stay off our bed during the day, and hopefully she won't be on guard as much.

I suffer from insomnia and fatigue but the work outs are slowly helping my sleep get better. The last week my fitbit is reporting "fair" and "good" sleep ratings :) I'm reducing my coffee intake too, not that it was a lot anyway, but sticking to one small mug a day is not helping my hangriness. I'm hoping it'll get easier soon!

My OH had started to notice that I had gotten quiet and less chatty the last few days, so we had a good talk last night. I asked him to stop offering me treats. It was killing my will power. I can ignore his stash of treats, but it's very hard to keep saying no, when he's holding them out to me saying "have one, you're doing so good, you deserve it". He's on board now, even though he still thinks he's being mean by not offering me a biscuit, I told him he's doing more of a kindness by not offering me any :pac:

I'm currently struggling to finish my bottle of water before I start today's work out... abs :(

• Advertisement

I will pray to the Christmas gods for your abs. My OH has been through the same hazing as me in relation to calorie deficit and tough training routine, she used the same firm. She also had just had a baby so she knows that I can get hangry as she did. Doesnt stop her teasing me with grub though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It turns out i'm not eating too much.... it's just science!

expanding-universe.png

Thank you for the prayers, today's victory was I didn't cry during my ab work out!
    I did my weigh in, and measurements beforehand, and while not as good as last week, it was still a loss, 0.9kg.
    I broke a few minutes ago, and had a second coffee to give me a boost for the evening.

Loughc those are brilliant! :D

2nd coffee certainly isnt breaking. That is a great loss.

Jude13 wrote: »
    2nd coffee certainly isnt breaking. That is a great loss.

I'm trying to break my coffee habit :) very hard to do when dieting at the same time, so I'm going to keep the habit for now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I'm trying to break my coffee habit :) very hard to do when dieting at the same time, so I'm going to keep the habit for now!

Depends on the coffee, stay away from the milky ones, latte, mocha etc and coffee can help greatly... I drink it black or with a tiny drop of low fat milk, and never with sugar ( i drink tea the same, tiny drop of milk, no sugar) and its an aid to most diets. Very low in calories and helps keep things moving!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Depends on the coffee, stay away from the milky ones, latte, mocha etc and coffee can help greatly... I drink it black or with a tiny drop of low fat milk, and never with sugar ( i drink tea the same, tiny drop of milk, no sugar) and its an aid to most diets. Very low in calories and helps keep things moving!!

I drink it similar, tiny drop of skimmed milk. I'm a bad sleeper so was trying to reduce my caffeine intake, but it's too hard while dieting, and coffee is great for just before exercise. I'll be keeping it to just two coffees a day from tomorrow :)

I have far too much caffeine each day. I knock it on the head by lunch. I can have up to five. 9 times out of 10 its black coffee. I have my weekly weigh in tomorrow. Week 4.

I have far too much caffeine each day. I knock it on the head by lunch. I can have up to five. 9 times out of 10 its black coffee. I have my weekly weigh in tomorrow. Week 4.

I'm similar, 2, 3 or 4 mugs of it before lunch, but I rarely drink it after lunch or I'd be wired for the day.
    I'm abad sleeper myself so try to steer clear of caffeine after dark so to speak. Do like a cup of tea after my dinner though & simply couldnt knock thta on the head.

Managed 2 training sessions with the kids over the weekend, both hurling, did a beep test with the boys & took part in it to get some running in, surprised myself by lasting to stage 11 & not being 'too' knackered. Hip feeling alot better now & can been able to start twisting & turning again with a lot more freedom so hopefully have broken the back of that inury. Weight has maintained, down 0.25 of a pound which is nothing & could be the difference between what I ate for breakfast, but happy not to have put any back on given the week it was.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Elf1's birthday over the weekend so diet was exactly great. Got a few walks in though and back at this morning so could have been worse.

Coffee fiend here as well, all in the morning and no caffeine, even tea, after about 3pm.

Fair play DvB on the beep test, use to hate those!!

DvB that is class, this one goes to 11!

Which type did you do? I havent done one is about 20 years. Instead we did broncos.

Oh wow that's brilliant! I haven't done a beep test since school :o I'd love to take up running but dread the thought of starting, maybe next Summer :)

Glad to know I'm not the only coffee addict :D I don't really drink black tea, but would have herbal teas from lunchtime.

I still have the last day of my programme to complete, I'm planning on doing it tomorrow as I had a small flare up on Friday and Saturday so just need to rest a little more after it. I'll be starting the next one then either Wednesday or Thursday. I won't be expecting much of a loss this week.

DvB that is class, this one goes to 11!

Which type did you do? I havent done one is about 20 years. Instead we did broncos.

We just used one off a mobile app with the volume set to max. Set out the lanes 20m apart and took it from there. We're doing it with the boys to monitor their aerobic fitness with a test every 2 weeks. We had 18 do it Saturday & most of them lasted until stage 7 or 8, with about 5 of them still going at 11 when we stopped it. Hadn't done one in years and was surprised at how well I was managing. Will defo keep doing it with the lads as it was a help to them in terms of setting a pace for them.

Be honest, was there puking?

Reminds me of puking behind a hockey goal, just before a short corner. I played at a level where you drank the night before!

• Advertisement

Nope. Though I usually found that happened in stages 13 or 14.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Reminds me of puking behind a hockey goal, just before a short corner. I played at a level where you drank the night before!

ooh, another Hockey player, come on fess up, what club?

ooh, another Hockey player, come on fess up, what club?

I had what you might call a strange hockey 'career'!

Played when I was in school. Stopped for a few years, got back into it playing for Aer Lingus, stopped again and then came back to play from Clontarf when a mate was putting a team together.

Standard was no where near what you guys played. Loved playing though and Elf1 has played a bit in school (indoor) and seems to like it so might bring her to local club next year when things settle down (hopefully!).

TRS30 wrote: »
    I had what you might call a strange hockey 'career'!

Played when I was in school. Stopped for a few years, got back into it playing for Aer Lingus, stopped again and then came back to play from Clontarf when a mate was putting a team together.

Standard was no where near what you guys played. Loved playing though and Elf1 has played a bit in school (indoor) and seems to like it so might bring her to local club next year when things settle down (hopefully!).

Knew a few of the guys at Aer Lingus. There was 3 or 4 of them from the year below me in school that ended up playing for them. They morphed into Fingal when AL pulled the sponsorship, then amalgemated with St. Brendans (my first club) to form North Dublin HC who play out at the NAC in Blanchardstown.

Must admit I was tempted to get my two down to NDHC but they both love the hurling/camogie and have their friends at the club so wouldnt dream of upsetting that for them just because I played a long time ago.

Must admit I was tempted to get my two down to NDHC but they both love the hurling/camogie and have their friends at the club so wouldnt dream of upsetting that for them just because I played a long time ago.

I do hope the kids get into sports as I grew up playing many different ones and the benefits that team sports gives them. In saying that I would never push them into it, whatever they show an interest in, I will support them.

Had my weekly weigh in this morning.

Great work Eskie! Keep it up.

I had my weigh in yesterday morning for the end of week 4:
    Week 1: -2.9kg/6.4lbs
    Week 2: -0.7kg/1.5lbs
    Week 3: -2.1kg/4.6lbs
    Week 4: -1.1kg/2.43lbs

Cumulative loss: - 6.8kg/14.99lbs over four weeks.

Four weeks to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Well done Jude13, that’s a great result.

Had my weekly weigh in this morning.

Great work Eskie! Keep it up.

I had my weigh in yesterday morning for the end of week 4:
    Week 1: -2.9kg/6.4lbs
    Week 2: -0.7kg/1.5lbs
    Week 3: -2.1kg/4.6lbs
    Week 4: -1.1kg/2.43lbs

Cumulative loss: - 6.8kg/14.99lbs over four weeks.

Four weeks to go.

Smashing it Jude, as DvB likes to say :D

Cheers, I am on the countdown to Halloween which is just after this 8 week foray ends. I went to the pub last night with a colleague of old, he is an old school boozer. He tried his best to break me, but I'm stubborn.

• Advertisement

Cheers, I am on the countdown to Halloween which is just after this 8 week foray ends. I went to the pub last night with a colleague of old, he is an old school boozer. He tried his best to break me, but I'm stubborn.

The force is strong in this one.....

Advertisement