Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin TV360

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Is there a way to fast forward through a recording by 1 minute at a time like there was on the Horizon box?

Rapidly pressing the left (10 seconds rewind) and right (30 seconds FF) buttons allows you to jump in steps while playing a recording. I've looked and can't see if you can change those increments.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

califano wrote: »
    Got my multi room boxes today but I can't get through the installation with error code CS1010 on boot up each time.
    Couldn't really get any info from Virgin before they closed for the day.

Anyone experience this and get through it?.

They are sending out an engineer on the 5th Oct about the multiroom box which only boots into the CS1010 screen but I have the main box working with a couple of gitches. Like power on via the remote boots it into the Setup and Please Wait welcome screen but manual press of the blue botton on the face of the actual box powers it on properly.

btw has anyone managed to find set a Harmony remote control that works?. The 'Virginmedia V6' seems to be there but doesn't work?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

btw has anyone managed to find set a Harmony remote control that works?. The 'Virginmedia V6' seems to be there but doesn't work?.

Use 'upc mediabox' that's what finally got it to work for me.

Doomofman wrote: »
    Use 'upc mediabox' that's what finally got it to work for me.

Thanks a lot that worked.

I cycled through the TV360 'power on standby' settings and this is what the box was using after about an hour on standby using the various settings....

Fast 9.9W
    Active 1.3W
    Eco 0.2W

On my Horizon box, the Eco setting meant that the box took an age to boot up but the TV360 starts up in less than 30 seconds when it was on standby in Eco mode so can't really see why you'd use any other setting. And while the box downstairs was in Eco mode on standby, I was able to kickoff a recording from the multiroom box upstairs.

I can't remember the default setting when you complete the initial setup but if your TV360 box is set to 'Fast', you might as well not bother switching it off at night. Because you'd only be saving about 1W if you do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Have Virgin removed True Movies ch no. 329? It'sdisappeared from my Horizon box.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭decor58

oneilla wrote: »
    Have Virgin removed True Movies ch no. 329? It'sdisappeared from my Horizon box.

I think it has been renamed Sony classic movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Clitheroekid

Nothing on this channel at present

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

DermoMIO wrote: »
    Same here, should be €94 it says €109. Time for a 5 hour online chat with “customer service”

Follow up on this, they are saying it’s a “probate” charge they can’t explain what a “probate charge” is & tell me my next bill will be €84 but when told it should be €94 they say it’s €20 off for 5 months not €10 for 12 !

Neither them or me clearly know wtf is going on

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Mearings

Gone. I spotted it 2 days ago becauses they were showing Xmas films. Maybe VM knew we would not enjoy Christmas in September.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mearings wrote: »
    Maybe VM knew we would not enjoy Christmas in September.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Gone from my non-Horizon HD box too. Along with the Disney Channels which are now only available with Disney+, so that's 1 HD and 3 SD channels removed since yesterday. The 3 Disney channels are on 774, 775 and 776 so recordings can stil be watched in the "dummy" section

Lads I don't keep a track of these things but I have the "best" Horizon box (Virgin Full House 500) which is a heap of sh!t.

It seems it's the V6 box that I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bodan

Gone from my non-Horizon HD box too. Along with the Disney Channels which are now only available with Disney+, so that's 1 HD and 3 SD channels removed since yesterday. The 3 Disney channels are on 774, 775 and 776 so recordings can stil be watched in the "dummy" section

I just read the Disney channel is supposed to close tonight and they are ending showing a bunch of movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Delta2113

They did re-label Sky Sports Action to Sky Sports NFL but in recent days it's gone back to Sky Sports Action. Sky Cinema Disney is staying on if you subscribe to Sky Movies.

Anyone know whats involves in a factory data reset on the multiroon box?. Have a feeling when tech comes out in a few days thats what hes going to do and it be fine but it wasnt suggested by Virgin Whatsapp help?.

Go to System and then Factory reset - not sure if it looks for a pin 1234 or 0000.

Let it do it's thing for awhile. Won't do any harm but may not work at the same time.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lads I don't keep a track of these things but I have the "best" Horizon box (Virgin Full House 500) which is a heap of sh!t.

It seems it's the V6 box that I want.

The new box is called 360. It’s actually a slight step up from the v6 box.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Padraig_12

Just ordered the 360 box. Let the pain begin

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Offers are up now for new customers.

• Advertisement

Anyone know whats involves in a factory data reset on the multiroon box?. Have a feeling when tech comes out in a few days thats what hes going to do and it be fine but it wasnt suggested by Virgin Whatsapp help?.

If it's a brand new box, I can't see what difference it's going to make. But there's no stored recordings so it can't do any harm either.

I rang up this morning. Was quoted €104 a month up from my current €99. But there's also a "one time activation" fee of €50. Based on some of the other posts here (LoughC) I thought I might get offered a better deal. Haven't decided what to do yet (which means I know I need the new box but trying to get used to the idea of paying out more money).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I rang up this morning. Was quoted €104 a month up from my current €99. But there's also a "one time activation" fee of €50. Based on some of the other posts here (LoughC) I thought I might get offered a better deal. Haven't decided what to do yet (which means I know I need the new box but trying to get used to the idea of paying out more money).

You should charge them the installation fee.

Login to https://www.virginmedia.ie/ and click 'upgrade'. Then select a bundle with the TV360 box in the graphic. You should be able to avoid any activation fee.

Nope it's still shoving a €50 charge at me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Renamed the thread to reflect that it’s officially launched today

And it now appears, as a poster said in a previous post - that you cannot now take a TV product without also taking VM broadband and phone. This means that Sky is the only major pay TV provider that now does not require you to also take their broadband as a condition of taking TV. Yes, I know Vodafone and Eir also did so, but they had good technical reasons for that to be the case (their product is IPTV, Virgin’s is cable TV). It seems Virgin just decided that it’s what the others are doing, let’s do the same.

Virgin Media have good technical reasons to insist on broadband with TV 360 - Channel 200 is IPTV and On Demand and watching your recordings on a 2nd box all runs over the internet.

Im having trouble pairing a remote to tv on a multiroom package. I press the home button and 0 for 10 seconds and a message comes up saying paired successfully yet volume & mute still dont work!.
    Anyone have any suggestions?.
    I took the batteries out and back in again and rebooted but still no.

Try using Settings - Audio & Video -Pairing remote to sound system.

• Advertisement

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Try using Settings - Audio & Video -Pairing remote to sound system.

Went in and it says im already paired but im not. Anyway Ill give it another run. I think there might be conflict with the other remote. Might take the batteries out of that for a while. Cant do it right now someone is watching the news!

EDIT: It just synced of its own accord there so all well volume wise.

The issue I have now is everytime I switch off and on the box I need to unplug and plug back in the HDMI cable to see live tv otherwise its either welcome screen or white snow.

Advertisement