Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin TV360

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shamrock 64

Padraig_12 wrote: »
    Hi

A question directed to anyone who has the new Virgin 360 package.

I currently have a Horizon box and am looking to upgrade to the 360 package. Just wondering if the features that I like from the Horizon box, like automatically recording 5min before and 15m after a program, and the custom setting of skip forward and backward length are still in the new box?

I don't want to end up with a service that has remove the good features

My main reason for thinking of changing is in the hope that it will be easier to navigate around recorded programmes and to find on demand programmes.

Padraig

Manual record time before and after programs is still available, there is variable skip forward and backward but not available manually.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hi

A question directed to anyone who has the new Virgin 360 package.

I currently have a Horizon box and am looking to upgrade to the 360 package. Just wondering if the features that I like from the Horizon box, like automatically recording 5min before and 15m after a program, and the custom setting of skip forward and backward length are still in the new box?

I don't want to end up with a service that has remove the good features

My main reason for thinking of changing is in the hope that it will be easier to navigate around recorded programmes and to find on demand programmes.

Padraig

Hi Padraig, yes both of those features are still available and the box is much quicker and more responsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Padraig_12

Manual record time before and after programs is still available, there is variable skip forward and backward but not available manually.

Can they be set in settings? I normally have a skip forward 30 secs and skip back 10 secs.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Can they be set in settings? I normally have a skip forward 30 secs and skip back 10 secs.

Default on 360 is skip forward 30 seconds and back 10 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭leche solara

Loughc wrote: »
    Default on 360 is skip forward 30 seconds and back 10 seconds.

Where do you find the facility to change the skip forward settings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Full house 500 is a horizon bundle afaik.
    FaganJr wrote: »
    The beast Bundle I think your looking for

They've changed the graphics on the upgrade page. Or maybe I just didn't notice the other day......

The 'Full House 500' is indeed a Horizon bundle, 'The Bigger than Big' and 'The Beast' bundles are both TV360.

Happy enough with 500 Mbps BB so ordered the 'Bigger than Big' bundle.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Has anyone discovered a diagnostics/engineer mode page yet?

I am looking for more detailed signal information. All I can find in relation to signal information is "Good" on the Network Diagnostics page.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,808 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Who thinks up those ridiculous bundle names? It's like they're trying to sell to children:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

I’ve noticed Russia Today has been removed from the V360 box but is still on the EPG on the Horizon box. Not that I watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I finally got a chance to compare this to Sky Q for those with a choice.

While this is a night and day improvement over Horizon it's no competition for Sky Q. Given that it's pretty much the same price or more expensive there's no contest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I'm Surprised not more people are complaining about the fact that you can't record RTE News on 200.

I finally got a chance to compare this to Sky Q for those with a choice.

While this is a night and day improvement over Horizon it's no competition for Sky Q. Given that it's pretty much the same price or more expensive there's no contest.

I can't get sky in my area so 360 is a revelation for me.
    Delta2113 wrote: »
    I'm Surprised not more people are complaining about the fact that you can't record RTE News on 200.

Do people record the news? on RTE News? I would have thought you'd record the 1 oclock or the 6.1 news on RTE One.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mollser

I can't get sky in my area so 360 is a revelation for me.

Do people record the news? on RTE News? I would have thought you'd record the 1 oclock or the 6.1 news on RTE One.

The RTE 1pm / 6pm /9pm news is the perfect use of the Replay feature tbh - probably the most used feature on VM boxes - can't think of a single reason why i'd record RTE News Now!

Set up the box last night, it really is excellent. The Catch Up section is a bit of a mess, with every episode of every show just dumped on there, but they can tidy that up quickly.

EPG is much better organised than Horizon, with all the HD channels front loaded and the +1's buried away somewhere.

Great box, really snappy. Fair play to them

People may want to record Covid 19 Press Conferences on RTE News channel 200 or even Mass.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mbarosin

coylemj wrote: »
    They've changed the graphics on the upgrade page. Or maybe I just didn't notice the other day......

The 'Full House 500' is indeed a Horizon bundle, 'The Bigger than Big' and 'The Beast' bundles are both TV360.

Happy enough with 500 Mbps BB so ordered the 'Bigger than Big' bundle.

I just ordered the "Bigger Bundle" assuming it was the new 360 box (links had the picture of the new box and description). But I don't see anything about the new box on the emailed receipt. Anyone know whether I've just ordered another Horizon bundle?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

mbarosin wrote: »
    I just ordered the "Bigger Bundle" assuming it was the new 360 box (links had the picture of the new box and description). But I don't see anything about the new box on the emailed receipt. Anyone know whether I've just ordered another Horizon bundle?

Yes that is a 360 bundle, you should get a new box. They will give you a parcel motel label to attached to your old horizon box and drop it into a parcel motel for collection

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

I got my first bill for the bigger bundle this week and it is absolutley sideways, I should have expected nothing less.:rolleyes:

bricky06 wrote: »
    I got my first bill for the bigger bundle this week and it is absolutley sideways, I should have expected nothing less.:rolleyes:

Can you elaborate i.e. what do you mean by 'sideways'?

I'm an existing subscriber for BB, phone, Horizon plus one multiroom. I went into the VM website, logged in and clicked upgrade, then selected the Bigger Bundle with one of the new multiroom boxes. Got an order confirmation and now waiting for Nightline to contact me. I assume I will not be billed twice for any of the services.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,808 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I’ve noticed Russia Today has been removed from the V360 box but is still on the EPG on the Horizon box. Not that I watch it.

Somebody needs to get back to work...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

How does it compare size-wise to the Horizon box? It looks narrower but roughly the same height. Does it run hot?

Thanks
    bricky06 wrote: »
    I've always found when changing services / products that the first bill is an incomprehensible mess of advance billing for the new service and credits for full and partial months for the service you've switched from that you would already have paid for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

Yakuza wrote: »
    How does it compare size-wise to the Horizon box? It looks narrower but roughly the same height. Does it run hot?

Much smaller, perhaps 30% of the volume of Horizon.
    Does not run particularly hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bodan

mollser wrote: »
    The RTE 1pm / 6pm /9pm news is the perfect use of the Replay feature tbh - probably the most used feature on VM boxes.

After performance , that's the feature im mostly interested in. I really miss the all4 catchup on sky, having channel 4 channels on reply tv is the next best thing. I wish virgin posted which channels they have on reply and which ones offer full control .e.g. fast forward and rewind, it could be a big selling point.

360 Main Box 23cm Width 5cm Height 15cm Depth.

360 additional Boxes 23cm Width 3cm Height (No Hard Drive) 15cm Depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Padraig_12

Hi

What do you mean by "replay" and "full control"?

On the Horizon you could not skip the ads on RTE but could on say Virgin channels.
    At the moment you can skip ads on all channels as far as I can see on Replay. I'm open to be corrected.

This could be changed at any time. All the channel 4 channels have replay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Sorry if this was asked before

With Multiroom, do the Mini Boxes connect wirelessly to the Man 360 Box or do I need cable added to the other rooms?

Sorry if this was asked before

With Multiroom, do the Mini Boxes connect wirelessly to the Man 360 Box or do I need cable added to the other rooms?

Boxes connect wirelessly for everything but live tv, Live tv requires a cable added to the other rooms.

You can still watch recordings from the main box on the mini box, so to get awy from the cable I record on the main box and watch on the mini, and you can record on the app so you don't have to keep running up and down the stairs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Boxes connect wirelessly for everything but live tv, Live tv requires a cable added to the other rooms.

Ah OK. So you cant add mini boxes so people can watch other channels in other rooms.

This looked like dodgy information which says you can watch live TV using the Mini boxes ( Telly around the house )

They didnt say you need to wire up the boxes for Live TV

527172.png

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bodan

Hi

What do you mean by "replay" and "full control"?

Replay TV is the ability to go back up to 7 days in the epg (guide) and watch a program as if you had recorded it. The quality is the exact same as broadcast quality which is very beneficial on HD channels.

full controls means having the ability to skip forward and backwards through the program without any restrictions er.g. like there is on rte 1 and 2 on the horizon box where forward and rewind are disabled.

• Advertisement

You can still watch recordings from the main box on the mini box, so to get awy from the cable I record on the main box and watch on the mini, and you can record on the app so you don't have to keep running up and down the stairs :)

Could you start recording on the main box, then go up to a bedroom with no cable point and watch the program a few minutes behind the broadcast i.e. while it's recording downstairs?

Advertisement