Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin TV360

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Padraig_12

Has anyone noticed that the sound is a lot lower out of the 360 box?
    I notice that the TV volume is up to between 20 and 25 for programmes that I use to have the volume at around 10 on the old box.
    I can't find any option on the settings to change the sound level out of the 360 box.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Padraig_12 wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that the sound is a lot lower out of the 360 box?
    I notice that the TV volume is up to between 20 and 25 for programmes that I use to have the volume at around 10 on the old box.
    I can't find any option on the settings to change the sound level out of the 360 box.

Same I've notice this. Netflix in particular through the box I have it on 28 through the 360 box, through the TV Netflix app volume only needs to be at 10 or 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Yes now that I see somebody say it I think you's have a point. I always had to ramp up the sound with Netflix but even with the 360 It does seem to need a higher number.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shamrock 64

I use a home cinema amp at night with it and I've found the sound goes lower by itself.For eg. I usually watch a place in the sun at -25 but have had to hire it to about-10 to get the same volume.Thinking the worse that it was the amp I decided to reset everything and started with the v360 box and after a factory reset the sound was back to its usual higher level,and I dropped it back to-25 which is perfect for that programme.This has happened three or four times over the last month roughly.Also I was watching Sky Sports News last Sunday morning and the sound just got louder all by itself, amazing.Agree about the lower volume level though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

califano wrote: »

One thing I cant stop is the box switching off when I change HDMI ports using harmony remote. Even when I check the power settings to 'Keep on always on but switch off when off button is presses'.
    I even tried 'keep device always on' but still the box switches off when hdmi changes. I then done the same with my tv device but same!.
    Are you having this ussue?.

Settings>Audio and Video>One Power>off

This turns off CEC which is the thing used to turn on and off along with the TV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Quick Question

With the T360 box, is there a AC Adapter ( Black box ) on the power cord.

Im hoping not as on my Horizon box the Adapter releases a lot of heat when in a cabinet

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Similar to Horizon - you have a AC Adaptor block.

- I don't think the block gets warm anyway as near the Horizon one. This new box uses over 60% less electricity compared to the Horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

- I don't think the block gets warm anyway as near the Horizon one. This new box uses over 60% less electricity compared to the Horizon.

I have both boxes and just checked. The Horizon one is warm to the touch and the 360 is cold/room temperature.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Settings>Audio and Video>One Power>off

This turns off CEC which is the thing used to turn on and off along with the TV.

Yeah I tried that too. I initially thought this may be the problem but no.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Col_30

Has anyone been able to hold on to a loyalty discount and get the new box out of Virgin? I renewed with them in July and I got a half-price loyalty for 9 months.

They promised me the new box for free when it became available. Of course, now they are saying they can't do it. It's very annoying. I'm struck with Horizon for another 6 months.

I spent an hour on the phone with them and CS agent was sure she could do it, but she couldn't re-apply the discount. I would be re-contracted for 105 a month for one year.

They also said in this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnEBcckPPCc that they were waiving the €50 activation for existing customers.
    This is now charged if I go to "upgrade" using the website.:confused:

• Advertisement

The Ireland match on RTE2 last night was in the EPG as highlights when of course it was the full match. Also maybe it's just me but does the EPG update in real time as well as the Horizon?
    I was impressed how RTE and BBC listings would be updated when say Claire Byrne got put on earlier at 9.35pm or maybe a Newsnight special on BBC or Casualty delayed on Saturday etc. on the Horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

The Ireland match on RTE2 last night was in the EPG as highlights when of course it was the full match. Also maybe it's just me but does the EPG update in real time as well as the Horizon?
    I was impressed how RTE and BBC listings would be updated when say Claire Byrne got put on earlier at 9.35pm or maybe a Newsnight special on BBC or Casualty delayed on Saturday etc. on the Horizon.

Highlights ! That would have needed 1 minute .

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jay328

Col_30 wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to hold on to a loyalty discount and get the new box out of Virgin? I renewed with them in July and I got a half-price loyalty for 9 months.

They promised me the new box for free when it became available. Of course, now they are saying they can't do it. It's very annoying. I'm struck with Horizon for another 6 months.

I spent an hour on the phone with them and CS agent was sure she could do it, but she couldn't re-apply the discount. I would be re-contracted for 105 a month for one year.

They also said in this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnEBcckPPCc that they were waiving the €50 activation for existing customers.
    This is now charged if I go to "upgrade" using the website.:confused:
    No i hsvent been able to hold on to my loyalty discount either getting charged the amount. But the 50 was waived and VM are sending out a technican to install the box. I was going to install it myself but since they are willing to do it for free.

The annoying thing is the price will probably go down closer to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Hi all. Ordered my upgrade tonight. Been with the old horizon box for too long.

In the past I always have requested a modem only from virgin. I use my own router and mesh network (synology).

Just wondering if anyone else is the same and have upgraded?. Do I need to request a new modem to avail of the 500mb or does the 360 box and new modem/router ship together?.

Any info would be much appreciated.

What Virgin Modem do you have now?
    White Compal will handle 500mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Padraig_12

Loughc wrote: »
    Same I've notice this. Netflix in particular through the box I have it on 28 through the 360 box, through the TV Netflix app volume only needs to be at 10 or 12.

I found that if you go Settings>Audio and Video>Dolby Audio and change it to Off, or "Follow Content" the volume is back to the levels I remember from the old box. I had to do this for programmes I recorded on E4 as I had to put the volume up to about 35 withe the Dolby Audio set as Always On.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

Did you all get it next day, as it says on their website? It says two contrasting things. 1. Delivered next day if ordered before 6, and 2. We are updating our systems so there may be a delay.

I just received mine this morning after ordering Sunday night.

I now have the issue where I cant enable modem only mode on the new router. I have my own router and only want to use the new virgin one as a modem.

Anyone have any ideas?. Anyone else using the new virgin router/modem as a modem only?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

I am currently 4 months into a bundle where I was given a horizon box where I have the first 6 months at a discount.

I called Virgin to see if I can get the Virgin TV360 setup but they have said as im an existing customer I would have to sign a new contract paying FULL PRICE of 104 euros a month.

Has anyone persuaded VM in getting the discounted bundle with the Virgin TV360 box in the middle of a contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I am currently 4 months into a bundle where I was given a horizon box where I have the first 6 months at a discount.

I called Virgin to see if I can get the Virgin TV360 setup but they have said as im an existing customer I would have to sign a new contract paying FULL PRICE of 104 euros a month.

Has anyone persuaded VM in getting the discounted bundle with the Virgin TV360 box in the middle of a contract?

I tried a couple of months ago, no luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Col_30

Had the same issue (see a few posts back!) - After the last call they said it was actually possible, but just not available online and they could not order it for me as working from home. They wanted to transfer me to tech.

I lost patience at that point and hung up. No matter what combination I tried on the website, it's not possible. I think I'm just going to wait until my discounted 9 months is up in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

Just ordered new box there, excisting VM customer, wasnt charged the 50 euro once off fee.

Its a disgrace Joe!

Why are some people being charged the €50 once off fee and some others not?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

I dont know tbh, I had my card in hand ready to pay the 50 euro.

Its a disgrace Joe!

Charges would always go on your next bill.

BanjoB wrote: »
    I just received mine this morning after ordering Sunday night.

I now have the issue where I cant enable modem only mode on the new router. I have my own router and only want to use the new virgin one as a modem.

Anyone have any ideas?. Anyone else using the new virgin router/modem as a modem only?.

Got it sorted. Just a simple "Enable Modem Mode" in the router config.

Have to say the new 360 box is night and day compared to that hold horizon box.

Only downside I see is that the mini box doesn't work over WiFi or ethernet. It needs a coaxial connection too.

If it was just wif enabled with would have made it much easier and more versatile.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Only downside I see is that the mini box doesn't work over WiFi or ethernet. It needs a coaxial connection too.

If it was just wif enabled with would have made it much easier and more versatile.

Recordings and On-Demand work on the mini box without Coaxial connection. You only need that for live tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

What model is your new router please?

MAJJ wrote: »
    What model is your new router please?

The router I use for my home network is a Synology RT2600.
    The new router/modem virgin sent is the hub4 as far as I can see. I just use that now as a modem.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Recordings and On-Demand work on the mini box without Coaxial connection. You only need that for live tv.

Thanks for letting me know. Handy i guess. Having the TV too would be great though.

Advertisement