Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin TV360

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

coylemj wrote: »
    Could you start recording on the main box, then go up to a bedroom with no cable point and watch the program a few minutes behind the broadcast i.e. while it's recording downstairs?

Yes you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Loughc wrote: »
    Boxes connect wirelessly for everything but live tv, Live tv requires a cable added to the other rooms.

You can still watch recordings from the main box on the mini box, so to get awy from the cable I record on the main box and watch on the mini, and you can record on the app so you don't have to keep running up and down the stairs :)

That's a pain needing to run a cable to watch live TV. Sky Q mini box does everything wirelessly... I think!! I'm still on the old sky multi room setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,384 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Got the TV360 and one multiroom box this morning. Very painless setup. The power adapter (AC to DC) boxes and the remotes are identical across the two boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

Does this new 360 box have to be wired to the superhub (router) or can they be in separate rooms in the house?

Marco85 wrote: »
    Does this new 360 box have to be wired to the superhub (router) or can they be in separate rooms in the house?

Setup instructions says the TV360 box can be wired or connected via Wi-Fi.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Marco85 wrote: »

It can be setup using WiFi they recommend wired for consistent Broadband speed but you'll be fine using Wi-Fi.

Very impressed with the TV360 box. Menus very snappy and love the ability to change channel by voice command. It also sensed my Onkyo AV Receiver so I can use the TV360 remote to adjust the volume on the amp.

With power usage on standby set to Eco Mode, it's only using 0.2W in standby yet it boots up in less than 30 seconds. And the power adapter (AC to DC) brick is stone cold, even after the machine was on for an hour, the Horizon one was pretty warm when I was disconnecting it last night to prepare for the switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Anyone know if you sign up as a new customer now, do you get their old horizon box or the new 360 box?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭Delta2113

colly10 wrote: »
    Anyone know if you sign up as a new customer now, do you get their old horizon box or the new 360 box?

- Think it starts October. Definitely hold out for a 360 box.

Going ahead now be like getting an iPhone 4 instead of an iPhone 8.

Delta2113 wrote: »

Going ahead now be like getting an iPhone 4 instead of an iPhone 8.

Thats generous calling horizon and iPhone4. More like original iPhone that couldn’t even send MMS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

bricky06 wrote: »
    I got my first bill for the bigger bundle this week and it is absolutley sideways, I should have expected nothing less.:rolleyes:

Same here, should be €94 it says €109. Time for a 5 hour online chat with “customer service”

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭feelings

What on earth is the delay with new customer sign ups? Stock issues?

I asked yesterday and if you are already a customer (non-TV) apparently you can sign up for the new box. It is classed as an upgrading customer. Don't hold me to that, VM agents have been know to give out wrong information. You must take the 1GB full house package.

colly10 wrote: »

+1 the three bundles on offer at https://www.virginmedia.ie/bundles/broadband-tv-phone/ all show the Horizon box in the graphic.
    Hurry! Sale must end at midnight on Wednesday, September 30th.
    as a new customer, I'd wait until October and see if they're offering the TV360 box.

feelings wrote: »
    What on earth is the delay with new customer sign ups? Stock issues?

They're trying to dump the old Horizon boxes on new customers in a 'sale', see my post immediately above this one.
    feelings wrote: »
    I asked yesterday and if you are already a customer (non-TV) apparently you can sign up for the new box. It is classed as an upgrading customer. Don't hold me to that, VM agents have been know to give out wrong information. You must take the 1GB full house package.

I upgraded from Horizon, got the new box with the 'Bigger than Big' bundle which includes 500 Mbps BB. My options (as an existing TV customer, which I realise you are not) included the 'Full House 500' bundle but that was a Horizon box which I obviously avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I'm shocked to read the multiroom boxes need a physical cable for live TV. That seems a real screw up and a big step behind the competition. As others mentioned this isn't the case for SkyQ, or even the Vodafone TV service, live TV and recordings all wireless to multiroom boxes. Our second TV is two floors above the main one, so cant see them being willing to install a cable even if I was happy for them to do so, which I wouldn't be. I'd rather watch live TV on an ipad upstairs than pay for all that. I can watch RTE/C4 players via an apple TV for free anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Got my multi room boxes today but I can't get through the installation with error code CS1010 on boot up each time.
    Couldn't really get any info from Virgin before they closed for the day.

Anyone experience this and get through it?.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

califano wrote: »
    Got my multi room boxes today but I can't get through the installation with error code CS1010 on boot up each time.

I had the same thing. Account had not been provisioned fully.
    Took three days chasing support to fix it. You are in for the long haul I’m afraid. Your old Horizon box will still work in the meantime.
    Good luck !

towger wrote: »
    Took three days chasing support to fix it. You are in for the long haul I’m afraid. Your old Horizon box will still work in the meantime.
    Good luck !

Cheers that explains it. If only the accounts team can be as efficient as the product dispatch team!.

Your old Horizon box will still work in the meantime.
    Good luck !

Jesus the man has been through enough.

califano wrote: »

Wired or wireless? Did a poster solve that error further back in this thread? Something to do with WPS?

• Advertisement

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Wired or wireless? Did a poster solve that error further back in this thread? Something to do with WPS?

Wireless first and then wired. Im not even getting to the screen that I can choose WPS. I did initially once then never again. Wired is only getting me onto the Welcome screen then a slow turning white wheel for a minute before Error screen CS1010.

I will look back in the thread but I think its an accounting issue and support this morning seem to agree but getting accs seems to be a hard job as im still without tv.

CoBo55 wrote: »

It shouldn't make a difference. I setup the multiroom in the bedroom, it connected to my wi-fi and completed the setup in a couple of minutes.

You do not need to setup the multiroom box while it's wired to your router.

If you rewind or pause a live program, is there a quick way to go back to the current point in the broadcast?

coylemj wrote: »
    If you rewind or pause a live program, is there a quick way to go back to the current point in the broadcast?

- Press the TV button (right hand side off Home)

Good luck !

You werent wrong, still waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭leche solara

Is there a way to fast forward through a recording by 1 minute at a time like there was on the Horizon box?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

I woke up this morning and my remote had unpaired itself as if by magic to the box..now the problem i have is when i hold down the tv button and the 0 button to pair it says "pairing failed"
    Only thing that works on the remote is the volume up and down..so im stuck..cant go into options to pair thru the menu..and as we all know virgin media support died about 3 months ago

Take the batteries out from your Tv 360 remote control for at least 30 seconds and put batteries back in then try the remote control again.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Take the batteries out from your Tv 360 remote control for at least 30 seconds and put batteries back in then try the remote control again.

That was the first thing i did...took them out for about 10 seconds...then i took them out and left them out for 5 mins...put the batteries back in and it worked...still scratching my head as to why..but thanks for that^

• Advertisement

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    That was the first thing i did...took them out for about 10 seconds...then i took them out and left them out for 5 mins...put the batteries back in and it worked...still scratching my head as to why..but thanks for that^

Couldn't be doin with that malarkey, I'd be getting phone calls from the missus, should have stayed with Sky blah blah blah....

Advertisement