Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,172 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Demon’s Souls is the clear, no question launch title IMO.

Weighing up whether to go with Cyberpunk with the quality boost and later upgrade... or to just go PC. That’ll be matter of waiting to see what kind of boost to the PS4 version we can expect on launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭dubmick

dan786 wrote: »
    If there is no history of it on the account it didnt go through. There should be order number etc in orders page of it went through.

Nope nothing. I f’d up, must not have hit confirm. I can see the order page and PayPal and all in my history. Is there any hope of getting one before Christmas without a pre-order?

Demon’s Souls is the clear, no question launch title IMO.

Weighing up whether to go with Cyberpunk with the quality boost and later upgrade... or to just go PC. That’ll be matter of waiting to see what kind of boost to the PS4 version we can expect on launch day.

I may be the weirdo not getting Demon Souls day one. The difficulty put me off. So Miles Morales and Cyberpunk for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Almost definitely. I think they are releasing it with MP on Ps5.

I have TLOU2 on PS4. Not even 1/4 way through the game. I'm gonna wait until I get to play it on PS5.

Would anyone know if I get to have a free upgrade to the PS5 version using my pS4 disc? Or what's the process?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,556 ✭✭✭✭klose

CarMc wrote: »
    My son currently has an Xbox one but has hinted at a ps5 for Christmas - what’s the thoughts on disc vs digital version ??

If you're going digital you'll want a quality WiFi signal around the house or have it connected via an ethernet cable to the WiFi router, if the download speeds of the ps5 are anything like the ps4 with larger file sizes you could be waiting an age to download games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Have my GameStop €50 deposit reverted, I wonder why.

Aska wrote: »
    So I put myself on the €50 waiting list on GS there when they first appeared,yes I know it's GS but anyway, last night I got the €50 returned to the revolut card and there was no email that followed either, I only noticed it happened due to the revolut icon appearing on the top of the phone. I went into the revolut purchase history and the GS payment now says reverted.

Anyone else do likewise?

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,108 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I may be the weirdo not getting Demon Souls day one. The difficulty put me off. So Miles Morales and Cyberpunk for me.

I'm thinking the very same myself. I might wait till Demon Souls drops in price .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I'm thinking the very same myself. I might wait till Demon Souls drops in price .

Love the madness of the gaming community, a mad clamour to spend 500 euro in order to play games that they could already play on their current system. :D

Love the madness of the gaming community, a mad clamour to spend 500 euro in order to play games that they could already play on their current system. :D

Haha, the price of some the games is making me a bit edgy atm. Especially as launch titles. I remember with the ps4 and ps3 buying games on day one just because I needed to pick one or two and ended up trading them in ha.

Demon Souls, I'm half afraid of paying 80 for it and it will drive me crazy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Demon Souls, I'm half afraid of paying 80 for it and it will drive me crazy!

Toss a coin. Heads - you will buy the game, tales - you won't ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

Everyone should hold off buying deamon souls on disk. Loads off copies will be floating about after people get sick off how hard it is. I got it first time around and not too eager to pay for it again , bit maybe that is just me.

Thoughts?

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Toss a coin. Heads - you will buy the game, tales - you won't ;)

I'll wait on reviews then ill make my choice! Keep the coins in my pocket for now ha.

padair wrote: »
    Everyone should hold off buying deamon souls on disk. Loads off copies will be floating about after people get sick off how hard it is. I got it first time around and not too eager to pay for it again , bit maybe that is just me.

Thoughts?

Not a bad idea!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Thoughts?

Day one download for me, best game ever made, imo.

Tbh, my ps5 is almost on its death bed and can afford it. So it's just a logical route. Don't want to face a Christmas period with no console. ..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

F1ngers wrote: »
    Day one download for me, best game ever made, imo.

It challenging, if I had kept my copy, a controller would have been sent flying

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

While i got my preorder sorted from smyths (power of f5!), the main games id be looking forward to are the ones not ready yet!
    The last of us 2 MP
    God of war- ragnorok
    Horizon forbidden west (how is there a free upgrade ps4-ps5 when its not out yet?).
    Plus be nice to not have the playstation sound like a jet playing the above games, and my boys can still play gta and fortnite on my pro!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It challenging, if I had kept my copy, a controller would have been sent flying

Will be my third Demon's Souls platinum when I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,859 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've got the Black Phantom edition of Demon's Souls on PS3. Didn't get too far into it though. Will try it again sometime in the future. Maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭DeadWeight

Fieldog wrote: »
    I have a pre order from the first night it went up, says my shipping is free, but on the page it says free shipping is excluding consoles, not sure how that works if it says I have free shipping?

Ya mine says free as well not sure if its normal or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Aska wrote: »
    So I put myself on the €50 waiting list on GS there when they first appeared,yes I know it's GS but anyway,
    last night I got the €50 returned to the revolut card and there was no email that followed either,
    I only noticed it happened due to the revolut icon appearing on the top of the phone.
    I went into the revolut purchase history and the GS payment now says reverted.

Anyone else do likewise?
    Denisoftus wrote: »
    Have my GameStop €50 deposit reverted, I wonder why.

While this has not happened to me. I see it's happened to others, stating so on the GS Ireland Twitter feed.
    Some have gotten response from GS stating the following....
    Now don't take it as absolute gospel, but seems some of you might be ok.

https://twitter.com/Orla63596823/status/1309569530415460353?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Smyths just confirmed to me on Twitter that there will be no midnight launch. They are suspended for reminder of year due to their COVID policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Starting to be really glad that Sony sprung the pre orders as they did and that Smyths did too.

The Xbox preorders with the prewarning and the PS5 preorders the day after and since have been mad, I'd to compete with those watching the stream and those on here. I'd a nice head start and I'm glad of that now, as I wouldn't have liked my chances otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

DeadWeight wrote: »
    Ya mine says free as well not sure if its normal or not

My order from GameStop shows a €3.50 delivery charge.
    I can't remember if I had selected or had the option to select a delivery method.
    Or if it automatically selected tracked delivery.
    Might be a location thing. I live in Co.Waterford.

527495.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

Smyths just confirmed to me on Twitter that there will be no midnight launch. They are suspended for reminder of year due to their COVID policies.

Weird, outside the jervis st one is a sign saying they are doing a midnight launch for Series X|S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Strange. The below is what they said to me.

Regarding midnight launches, we're afraid there are none planned for the remainder of this year due to the Covid-19 procedures in place in all of our stores. Apologies for any disappointment caused

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Troula

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I have TLOU2 on PS4. Not even 1/4 way through the game. I'm gonna wait until I get to play it on PS5.

Would anyone know if I get to have a free upgrade to the PS5 version using my pS4 disc? Or what's the process?

I am a bit of a disc person myself.
    Have plenty of games in PS4 disc and was wondering how backwards compatibility will work with those.

I found this article:
    https://www.siliconera.com/backwards-compatible-ps4-game-discs-will-be-supported-on-ps5/

So assuming that you are getting the disc version PS5 you should be okay.

bazzz wrote: »
    but seems some of you might be ok.

Not sure how can one be ok if payment is refunded, anyway I can't care less, I managed to order with Smyth during the second wave and was going to call them to cancel my place in the 'queue' anyway. It is just a bit strange, no email, no nothing.
    Maybe be Smyths sharing the data with GS, if so it will be huge privacy issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

MarkY91 wrote: »

There is no ps5 version to upgrade to. You’d have whatever enhancements the pro version has. Until they announce a ps5 version nobody knows. The multiplayer is expected to be a stand-alone release.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement