Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Starting to get nervous that my 4k TV with 50/60HZ refresh rate won't be adequate enough for this. Is anyone buying a new TV or monitor to go with their new console.

Check if your TV, can do 1080p or 1440p at 120 HZ. My TV can do 1080p and 1440p at 120 HZ, so for those game I can drop down to 1440p, and have 120 fps and super sampling, which will look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Can't believe I missed pre orders today :( fingers crossed on more being released

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

rob808 wrote:
    There won't be that many 120HZ games and even if there are they be 1440p.

Thanks Rob should your TV auto update then to run at 1440p in those instances if that's all its receiving from the PS5? Apologies im clueless at TVs

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rach784

I’ll try this the night before

I was in my local argos the other day and asked about the playstation 5 the man o was talking to said they will be realising the playstation to reserve a few days before launch day, he said for example if the launch day is the 19th Nov start checking around the 15th and onwards..they could come up at any time
    thought this might help someone to get a playstation secured

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

So I put myself on the €50 waiting list on GS there when they first appeared,yes I know it's GS but anyway, last night I got the €50 returned to the revolut card and there was no email that followed either, I only noticed it happened due to the revolut icon appearing on the top of the phone. I went into the revolut purchase history and the GS payment now says reverted.

Anyone else do likewise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sidford

Anyone else getting the 3D headphones on launch day? Another 100 on top of 560ish (including game) is a bit of a leap so was going to wait and trying to convince myself that early games won't be set up to take advantage of it. Am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Anyone know if I buy crash bandicoot 4 on the PS4 PlayStation store can I play it on the PS5 ? I know I’ll be able to with FIFA 21. They’re the only two games I’m considering getting before the PS5 launches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭dubmick

Pre-ordered with GameStop on the 17th of September. Nothing came off my PayPal and no email or history of it on my account. What is the chances of getting this before Christmas? No idea what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

GavK wrote: »
    Anyone know if I buy crash bandicoot 4 on the PS4 PlayStation store can I play it on the PS5 ? I know I’ll be able to with FIFA 21. They’re the only two games I’m considering getting before the PS5 launches.

yeah you can,bought a few games myself before i traded in the ps4.

for reference https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/ps5-backwards-compatibility-can-you-play-ps4-games-on-playstation-5#:~:text=Sony%20has%20confirmed%20that%20PS4,play%20them%20on%20the%20PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Starting to get nervous that my 4k TV with 50/60HZ refresh rate won't be adequate enough for this. Is anyone buying a new TV or monitor to go with their new console.

Ya, I splashed out on a TV that can do 120fps 4k as I want it to be as future proofed as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

All this talk of tvs more money uhhh haha.

I have a Samsung KS7000 I bought few years ago had quick look at the specs last night surely it will do the job for the time being!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sidford wrote: »
    Anyone else getting the 3D headphones on launch day? Another 100 on top of 560ish (including game) is a bit of a leap so was going to wait and trying to convince myself that early games won't be set up to take advantage of it. Am I wrong?

Was thinking of getting them, but over ear headphones are sometimes annoying with my glasses.
    But could be something for the Santa list. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

dubmick wrote: »
    Pre-ordered with GameStop on the 17th of September. Nothing came off my PayPal and no email or history of it on my account. What is the chances of getting this before Christmas? No idea what happened.

If there is no history of it on the account it didnt go through. There should be order number etc in orders page of it went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was thinking of getting them, but over ear headphones are sometimes annoying with my glasses.
    But could be something for the Santa list. :)

There's really low stock on them since they where first put up wonder how long they will stay that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Aska wrote: »
    So I put myself on the €50 waiting list on GS there when they first appeared,yes I know it's GS but anyway, last night I got the €50 returned to the revolut card and there was no email that followed either, I only noticed it happened due to the revolut icon appearing on the top of the phone. I went into the revolut purchase history and the GS payment now says reverted.

Anyone else do likewise?

Payments automatically revert if not completed after 7 days. The payment must have been still pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I think I'll wait for feedback on the Pulse headset. I've too many headphones right now to be buying more that I may not need. :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭DraftDodger

In the market for some sort of gaming platform and just throwing this out there for people in the know. Is it worth my while waiting and buying the new playstation 5 or just getting the playstation 4 and saving myself some money. I have a playstation 3 sitting in the spare room but i use it mostly for streaming netflix, watching youtube etc.. and only play the od old game on it like GTA and FIFA. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

I wonder if we'll get a Last of us 2 remaster... still haven't played it yet because i assumed it would come to ps5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I have a Samsung KS7000 I bought few years ago had quick look at the specs last night surely it will do the job for the time being!

Ah that's fair enough but I had an 11 year old block of a yoke that needed a refresh. Changing inputs was a chore. So much easier now.
    Now, bring on the new consoles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Video wrote: »
    I wonder if we'll get a Last of us 2 remaster... still haven't played it yet because i assumed it would come to ps5

Almost definitely. I think they are releasing it with MP on Ps5.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭Danny552

What games are everyone getting for ps5 ?
    Are you going to buy them all that once?
    How many games would you normally play

I would say my top 3 are

Fifa
    Call of duty
    Gta

Looking at something different for a change any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Danny552 wrote: »

I would say my top 3 are

Fifa
    Call of duty
    Gta

Ratchet and clank
    Crash bandicoot 4
    Fifa 21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

I would say my top 3 are

Fifa
    Call of duty
    Gta

Demon Souls should be good. Crash 4 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

I would say my top 3 are

Fifa
    Call of duty
    Gta

Have the new Spiderman pre-ordered as the ultimate edition so I get the original too as I never played it.

Also gonna grab ratchet and clank whenever that comes out as I loved those games on PS2!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I have a pre order from the first night it went up, says my shipping is free, but on the page it says free shipping is excluding consoles, not sure how that works if it says I have free shipping?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭CarMc

My son currently has an Xbox one but has hinted at a ps5 for Christmas - what’s the thoughts on disc vs digital version ??

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sidford

Almost definitely. I think they are releasing it with MP on Ps5.

MP?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

CarMc wrote: »
    My son currently has an Xbox one but has hinted at a ps5 for Christmas - what’s the thoughts on disc vs digital version ??

The disc version is 100 quid dearer but the games may be a few quid cheaper on disc, the digital is cheaper but the games may be a fair bit more expensive if you have to buy off the playstation store...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Sidford wrote: »
    MP?

Multiplayer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The KS7000 we got (and UK maybe EU not sure) is actually a rebranded KS8000, so if checking stats that's what you'd want.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement