Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Sidford wrote: »
    MP?

Multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Demon's souls and cyberpunk day one for me. I can't wait to finally beat DS and can't wait to finally play CP. Both should keep me going to Christmas when I'll hopefully get spidey ultimate edition off santa. I want NBA 2k20 at some point but in no rush unless they're next gen announcement blows me away. AC Valhalla could be alright but it's hard to get hyped for any Ubi games these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Smyths just confirmed to me on Twitter that there will be no midnight launch. They are suspended for reminder of year due to their COVID policies.

Strange policy. As they're just inviting all of the midnight collectors for 8am the following morning! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Strange policy. As they're just inviting all of the midnight collectors for 8am the following morning! :pac:

Unless they have jobs to go to? :pac:

Probably won't bother picking up mind until the end of the day. Imagine most collections will end up spaced out during the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Danny552 wrote: »
    What games are everyone getting for ps5 ?
    Are you going to buy them all that once?
    How many games would you normally play

I would say my top 3 are

Fifa
    Call of duty
    Gta

Looking at something different for a change any recommendations?

I only ever play Call of Duty, no other game anymore, so I have the PS5 version of that preordered and will collect it from Smyths on launch day with the PS5. If the rumoured Metal Gear Solid remake comes out I'll get that too as that's my favourite game ever but other than that it's only COD for me. Getting PS5 over an Xbox due to the COD exclusivity benefits. It makes gaming cheap for me as I'm only into one game so only have to buy one a year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Am I right in saying Cyberpunk PS4 version is launching the same day as the PS5, but a PS5 version of the game is still a way off?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,102 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

nedd wrote: »
    Am I right in saying Cyberpunk PS4 version is launching the same day as the PS5, but a PS5 version of the game is still a way off?

Precisely. The PS4 version will have some sort of boost when played on PS5 until the full next gen version is released, but what exactly that boost will be hasn’t been detailed yet :)

Wing126 wrote: »
    Unless they have jobs to go to? :pac:

Fair. I'm working remotely and forget that offices still exist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I'm in two minds whether to get Demons Souls or not. I've never played a Souls game and the talk of how hard they are is putting me off! But the game looks incredible and I see loads of people singing it's praises, and it's the one truly big next gen exclusive game for PS5 at launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Precisely. The PS4 version will have some sort of boost when played on PS5 until the full next gen version is released, but what exactly that boost will be hasn’t been detailed yet :)

We haven't seen much of the upgraded games, have we? I'd love to see comparison videos between the PS4 and PS5 versions of Control, Avengers, Witcher, the EA sports games... anything really.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Demon's souls and cyberpunk day one for me. I can't wait to finally beat DS and can't wait to finally play CP. Both should keep me going to Christmas when I'll hopefully get spidey ultimate edition off santa. I want NBA 2k20 at some point but in no rush unless they're next gen announcement blows me away. AC Valhalla could be alright but it's hard to get hyped for any Ubi games these days.

Lets be honest.... You're going straight to Days Gone on the PS Plus Collection...:D

Lets be honest.... You're going straight to Days Gone on the PS Plus Collection...:D

Deacon St John is gonna look so good with the PS5 boost :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads I played the first hour of Bloodborne and found it utterly tedious. Is Demon Souls more or less the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

shrewdness wrote: »
    I'm in two minds whether to get Demons Souls or not. I've never played a Souls game and the talk of how hard they are is putting me off! But the game looks incredible and I see loads of people singing it's praises, and it's the one truly big next gen exclusive game for PS5 at launch.

They are tough but very rewarding. You don’t need any ‘mad skillz’ bs to play them—any average player can get through a Souls game it just takes persistence. It will be the only title I pick up at launch. If you’re unsure about the €80 outlay you could pick up Dark Souls Remastered for PS4 to sample the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

Lads I played the first hour of Bloodborne and found it utterly tedious. Is Demon Souls more or less the same?

Bloodborne has faster paced combat, but is very similar to Souls games. They can take a while to click.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

If you are buying physical versions of the games where are you preordering from?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah like WhenPigsCry says, they take a while to click. You die a hell of a lot early on and it takes a while to get used to the game system. But the first few hours are essentially a tutorial. It's training you in the combat system, trying to get you to see about luring and separating enemies into groups and generally about patience. Once it does start to click you die a lot less and everything becomes more manageable.

It was like that with Bloodborne and Sekiro anyway, havent played any of the actual Souls games but I presume they're the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

rob808 wrote: »
    They give you €250 credit if your level 3 €275 credit

I spotted this earlier on and got excited, thought €180 + my Pro and some games was a great offer.

DeB06R9.jpg

But then I started reading this thread and realised it'd be unlikely I'd actually get the PS5 before xmas from GS :/.

Penn wrote: »
    havent played any of the actual Souls games but I presume they're the same.

I have much sights to show you....

I hear a lot how bloodborne or sekiro are people's favourites of the series but i also preferred the Souls games, even 2. My favourite style is Knights armour, sword and big ass great shield so they fit better anyway. You're in for a goddamn treat with Demon's Souls remake bit i can't recommend Dark Souls 1 remaster enough.... Then 3..... And then 2.... You lucky lucky bastard.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,102 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

While I know Demon’s Souls is a great game already, should also be noted it’s one of the only next-gen only games across either console launch... I think Godfall and Destruction Allstars might be the only other ones across the entire next gen launch? Given what we’ve seem, Bluepoint have gone to town on the lush visuals, so seems like one of the few launch day games that’ll give the system a healthy workout on day one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's killing me now that I won't have Demon's Souls!
    Still, maybe I can get it from Argos...
    We shall see...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

I spotted this earlier on and got excited, thought €180 + my Pro and some games was a great offer.

DeB06R9.jpg

But then I started reading this thread and realised it'd be unlikely I'd actually get the PS5 before xmas from GS :/.

This isn't bad deal, some of the games on the list you can get used obline for like 10 euro

Could work out quite well

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

This isn't bad deal, some of the games on the list you can get used obline for like 10 euro

Could work out quite well

Yeah I was surprised at the games list. I wonder if they'd give you store credit that you could use when the PS5 comes back in stock? I have PS Now so could subsist on my crappy PC for a few months :).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I have to be the voice from the other side, I was the same as you, completely boring and annoying, and I played a few more hours than you and it didn't change for me. Tried DS1 and 2 also, and more of the same so didn't get beyond a few hours (up to 6 on one of them) and it didn't make me want to play any more, so I personally think they're not great games at all.

Just to give you a non-praising opinion on it. But be careful, you can't really have a negative opinion of these games.

Which brings be full circle to the main reason for getting the disc version. Look at Sekiro, the lowest I have seen it on PSN is €45. At full price, it's a massive risk on a game you're unsure if you'll like. I got burned with Destiny by buying at full price digitally, and only ended up playing about 5 hours of it. Wasted money. Demon Souls remake looks good, visually at least, but if the gameplay is the same it would, to be, be wasted money. I'll probably pick it up, just to have a 'next gen' game to play on the 5, but wouldn't even consider if it I didn't have the option to trade it back in soon after.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭Danny552

loughrey wrote: »
    I only ever play Call of Duty, no other game anymore, so I have the PS5 version of that preordered and will collect it from Smyths on launch day with the PS5. If the rumoured Metal Gear Solid remake comes out I'll get that too as that's my favourite game ever but other than that it's only COD for me. Getting PS5 over an Xbox due to the COD exclusivity benefits. It makes gaming cheap for me as I'm only into one game so only have to buy one a year

What's the new COD ? My favourite one was modern warfare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Yeah I was surprised at the games list. I wonder if they'd give you store credit that you could use when the PS5 comes back in stock? I have PS Now so could subsist on my crappy PC for a few months :).

Yes they would put it in your account.

Going to grab one or two the games cheap and trade in if they have my ps5 for release day

• Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Danny552 wrote: »
    What's the new COD ? My favourite one was modern warfare

Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Plenty of these size comparison vids going around already, but in case you haven't seen one yet;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Yes they would put it in your account.

Going to grab one or two the games cheap and trade in if they have my ps5 for release day

So if I traded in my PS4 Pro and 3 games, would I need to pay them the €180 at that time?

Then they would put €500 into my GameStop account?

And that €500 can then only be redeemed to buy a PS5 once it's eventually available?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement