Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Danny552 wrote: »
    Is it worth getting the charging station
    And HD Camera

It's personal preference. Charging station I'm not going to bother with, a lead to whichever controller is charging and swap them out as needs be will do me fine. HD Camera, I'm also not bothering with. Only really need for VR or streaming etc but if the PS4 one works I'm happy to stick with it for the little I use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭VeryRapidSkoda

Zhane wrote: »
    It’s not reserved for you until you compete checkout. If it’s sitting in your basket and can’t check out then there’s none left.

Eugh ah well, I wasn't able to checkout earlier as I was getting the please try again screen until I got the all gone pop-up. It's annoying but saves me a few quid I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

I got one in the first round for myself, the brother was in work all day so I was tasked with getting him one. Succesful, he owes me one!

Now - to organise a nice new tele for the release or soon after, absolutely buzzing.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

LG OLED if you can. Got one earlier this year and its fantastic.

https://www.richersounds.ie/cssearch.aspx?searchterm=oled#pgnum=&sort=

I can second that.

Got a 55” B9 when it was down to €1100 and it’s been fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

FixitFelix wrote: »
    From Gamestop:

For everyone that has a deposit down for the console, we will have information early next week on when you can expect to receive your console. Please bear with us, the demand for the PS5 is massive. We appreciate your patience

So reading between the lines here.
    GS are saying if there is not enough on launch day you are going to have to wait and dont ask for your €50 back becuase we promise to to deliver as soon as we have one.
    OUCH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

Does anyone know if the current PS4 VR system will work with PS5? The headset, wands, camera etc.

And if so, will it be better than it currently is?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Rickytumtum

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here earlier. I think a lot of us would have given up once we saw the site was down. Being encouraged to keep refreshing and seeing it work for others is why I kept at it and managed to snag a disc version for collection. I def would have walked away once the **** hit the fan if I hadn’t been on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Does anyone know if the current PS4 VR system will work with PS5? The headset, wands, camera etc.

It will work with the PS5. The software will be improved like with other software but in terms of the abilities and functionality of the psvr, it'll be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Apparently we have to order a free USB port adapter but PlayStation won't say how yet. Cos its not like its out in 6 weeks or anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Apparently we have to order a free USB port adapter but PlayStation won't say how yet. Cos its not like its out in 6 weeks or anything...

I don't want to buy a new camera, for them to move to inside out tracking for the next version or something like that. So yeah they need to put that info out asap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Anyone know is it possible to change delivery address with Smyths? Maybe I'm blind but I can't see the option on their site. Would rather have it delivered to my work incase it doesn't get delivered to my house on release date

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Is this the last release before xmas do we know? And for those who lucked out today, Argos.ie and Harvey Norman have to be getting some instore stock before launch and you can register your interest now by email on both stores websites.

To all those unlucky today, don't give up and "Good Hunting"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Probably bought from Smyths today and up it goes for 700 more than retail

https://www.adverts.ie/games/ps5/21648535

Another trying to use a PS5 order in order to sell his overpriced PS4 Pro

https://www.adverts.ie/21648231

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

dan786 wrote: »

He won't get €1200 for the ps5 greedy fecker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I really wish Adverts would take a stand against that. It is in their rules but they won't take any action.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Sad bastards like him are why I still have no pre order

I really wish Adverts would take a stand against that. It is in their rules but they won't take any action.

Their rules allow it. Profiteering is allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Troula

I want someone to agree, and then just don't go on the meeting.
    So he'll be with a ps5 in hands and no money.
    Great present for xmas as he says...

Troula wrote: »
    I want someone to agree, and then just don't go on the meeting.
    So he'll be with a ps5 in hands and no money.
    Great present for xmas as he says...

Wont stop him, someone will still buy it, it wont take long to notice someone's wasting time and most seller on there now dont deal with new accounts/zero feedback so if they have a clean record it will just add a negative feedback to their account.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

What's stopping him selling the PS4 Pro and then cancelling the PS5 (Pre Order) I doubt there is a guarantee that you would receive the PS5 at all.....

Adverts must've changed that policy, they used to ban such adverts, I guess if people are willing to pay for it... on the other hand, do they allow the same with tickets to gigs & concerts..?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭Danny552

rob808 wrote: »
    He won't get €1200 for the ps5 greedy fecker.

Cant see anyone paying that, if they do they really need to look at themselves. Just wait till its back in the shops to buy it .

Danny552 wrote: »
    Cant see anyone paying that, if they do they really need to look at themselves. Just wait till its back in the shops to buy it .

I think they rely on people with lots of money that don't bother with pre orders etc and their spoiled kid complaining that they want a ps5 right now.
    Or maybe that's just a bit too many movies with similar concept I have watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Give the guy a break; he clearly went through €700 worth of F5 keys just ordering the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Flyingfast

I managed to grab a pre order from Amazon the other day just incase I couldn’t secure one from Smyths for collection.

I secured a pre order for collection from Smyths today so I am just throwing it out there, if anybody wants to reach out to me about taking my Amazon pre order, feel free.

It’s the disc model and I don’t want anything for releasing the pre order.

I have it set up to be delivered to my parcel motel, I could probably ask for that to be changed if anybody was interested.

If not I will just cancel the order and hopefully somebody else will be able to order the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Flyingfast wrote: »
    I managed to grab a pre order from Amazon the other day just incase I couldn’t secure one from Smyths for collection.

I secured a pre order for collection from Smyths today so I am just throwing it out there, if anybody wants to reach out to me about taking my Amazon pre order, feel free.

It’s the disc model and I don’t want anything for releasing the pre order.

I have it set up to be delivered to my parcel motel, I could probably ask for that to be changed if anybody was interested.

If not I will just cancel the order and hopefully somebody else will be able to order the console.
    Sent a pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bainesontoast

Does anyone expect some of the smyths orders to be cancelled , could it be possible they oversold like amazon us? i have my preorder and it's in my order history but terrified that it might get cancelled , i was refreshing so much trying to get the website to cooperate .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Their rules allow it. Profiteering is allowed.
    They are removing adds daily!

I rang Argos in limerick and they aren’t taking pre orders at all but it’s first come first serve they said

I rang Argos in limerick and they aren’t taking pre orders at all but it’s first come first serve they said

I actually found it very annoying that both Argos and Currys had pre-orders in UK but nothing here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I always laugh when I hear outrage about people scalping.

People realise you could preorder since June, right? I mean, that was 3 months ago. If you haven’t one, it’s because you left it till the last minute.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement