Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

From Gamestop:

For everyone that has a deposit down for the console, we will have information early next week on when you can expect to receive your console. Please bear with us, the demand for the PS5 is massive. We appreciate your patience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

jones wrote: »
    Anyone getting the headset? I had the headset for the ps4 at launch and it's good but a bit battered now. Thinking of getting the new pulse one but not sure if it's just style over substance?

Ive ordered it and the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

FixitFelix wrote: »
    From Gamestop:

For everyone that has a deposit down for the console, we will have information early next week on when you can expect to receive your console. Please bear with us, the demand for the PS5 is massive. We appreciate your patience

Did they pull any of this nonsense with the Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Homelander

padair wrote: »
    Go for oled55b9pla, you will get one of these for less than 1000 ,2019 model but cracking set.

Where will you get one for sub 1000? I've seen this claimed a few times but whenever I look it's around €1,200.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 bainesontoast

i don't know why anyone buys these things from gamestop, it's pretty obvious they won't be able to keep up with demand and they charge money for the preorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

Homelander wrote: »
    Where will you get one for sub 1000? I've seen this claimed a few times but whenever I look it's around €1,200.
    There a Qled In Harvey norman think it 55 Inch tv 4k 120htz ready for ps5.it about €1154 I think not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Hopefully some more launch day pre-orderd are announced over October trying all morning for it but website errors done me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Markitron wrote: »
    Did they pull any of this nonsense with the Xbox?

Least people will know hopefully come next week if they will get it or not from them

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

One other thing we found out today is that Smyths take their lunch at around 11:50am :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

Homelander wrote: »
    I got one from richer sounds. I messaged them and asked if they would do a deal on tv for me and I was sent a discount code to reduce the price of the set. I checked they site and they don't have any of the sets thought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

I managed to get a PS5 earlier for click and collect on Smyths.

I had been refreshing all morning and pretty much refreshed just as they went live.

Added to the basket no problem at all, was logged in and had my card details saved, but was facing the grey "Place Order" and unable to go any further.

I saw advice on here regarding just constantly refreshing so thanks for that and after about 15 minutes of error messages the page loaded up and I was able to hit the Place Order button which had turned green. Again more error messages and I had to go to the green Place Order button rigmarole a few times.

Eventually I then got to a secure checkout page where it initially again gave me yet another error message but I chanced opening up another tab and tried to go onto the Smyths main page as I was a bit nervous about hitting refresh on the payment page and when the new tab loaded it had my order confirmation. The email arrived a few minutes later. Order confirmed just after 12:10pm according to the confirmation email so that gives an idea of how long it took from the stock going live to being able to secure an order.

Thrilled with that but I genuinely hope everyone who has missed out so far manages to get sorted. Fingers crossed more stock will be allocated soon for another round of launch day pre-orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

BrentMused wrote: »

I had been refreshing all morning and pretty much refreshed just as they went live.

Added to the basket no problem at all, was logged in and had my card details saved, but was facing the grey "Place Order" and unable to go any further.

I saw advice on here regarding just constantly refreshing so thanks for that and after about 15 minutes of error messages the page loaded up and I was able to hit the Place Order button which had turned green. Again more error messages and I had to go to the green Place Order button rigmarole a few times.

Eventually I then got to a secure checkout page where it initially again gave me yet another error message but I chanced opening up another tab and tried to go onto the Smyths main page as I was a bit nervous about hitting refresh on the payment page and it new tab loaded and had my order confirmation. The email arrived a few minutes later. Order confirmed just after 12:10pm according to the confirmation email so that gives an idea of how long it took from the stock going live to being able to secure an order.

Thrilled with that but I genuinely hope everyone who has missed out so far manages to get sorted. Fingers crossed more stock will be allocated soon for another round of launch day pre-orders.

I was pretty much the same. Managed to get one in end. Received email confirmation also.

The only worry I'd have is the fact that they didn't take payment in full for the PS5 which would indicate to me that they are 100% on the exact number they will receive and what dates they will receive them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I was pretty much the same. Managed to get one in end. Received email confirmation also.

The only worry I'd have is the fact that they didn't take payment in full for the PS5 which would indicate to me that they are 100% on the exact number they will receive and what dates they will receive them

Smyths do not take payment for pre-orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

For store pick-ups they actually charge the card after you pick your item from them - at least that was the case when I was buying XBox recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭JasonRyan

This was pretty much my experience as well with the order process.
    Stressfull to say the least, but all worked out ok in the end.
    BrentMused wrote: »

Eventually I then got to a secure checkout page where it initially again gave me yet another error message but I chanced opening up another tab and tried to go onto the Smyths main page as I was a bit nervous about hitting refresh on the payment page and when the new tab loaded it had my order confirmation. The email arrived a few minutes later. Order confirmed just after 12:10pm according to the confirmation email so that gives an idea of how long it took from the stock going live to being able to secure an order.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

jontr wrote: »
    For store pick-ups they actually charge the card after you pick your item from them - at least that was the case when I was buying XBox recently.

This was the case when I got my Nintendo Switch on release in 2017, I paid at the counter after midnight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭Danny552

Kamu wrote: »
    When did you pre-order? If it was today, I am almost certain you will not get the console on launch, and most likely not before Christmas either. Unless a hell of a lot of people cancel their pre-order, which some are.

It's all about who you know 100% will be waiting for me on 19th of November 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 2 omegab2020

Apologies if asked before, but does anyone know that if you've received a confirmation email from Smyths, that that's a guaranteed pre order?

I pre ordered one from Argos UK this morning, but got a Smyths pre order too so want to cancel the Argos one if I can. Not too worried about when I get it, so long as I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kamu

Danny552 wrote: »
    It's all about who you know 100% will be waiting for me on 19th of November ��

Lucky man so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

omegab2020 wrote: »
    Apologies if asked before, but does anyone know that if you've received a confirmation email from Smyths, that that's a guaranteed pre order?

I pre ordered one from Argos UK this morning, but got a Smyths pre order too so want to cancel the Argos one if I can. Not too worried about when I get it, so long as I do.

If you got a Smyths preorder today I would be shocked if you don't get it on launch day. Seeing as they don't take more orders than they can fill and they said on twitter that these consoles were for release day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Does anyone have any tv suggestions please, I have a budget of around 1000e. Pretty clueless. Thanks.

LG OLED if you can. Got one earlier this year and its fantastic.

https://www.richersounds.ie/cssearch.aspx?searchterm=oled#pgnum=&sort=

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bainesontoast

kirkfx wrote: »
    If you got a Smyths preorder today I would be shocked if you don't get it on launch day. Seeing as they don't take more orders than they can fill and they said on twitter that these consoles were for release day.

really hope they are. how good are smyths at delivering on time? i chose home delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

If you got an email from Smyth's then you are good to go

• Registered Users Posts: 2 omegab2020

Thanks for the replies & thanks for all the info on this thread over the last few weeks!!

Now to look at selling my PS4!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭VeryRapidSkoda

I am signed in to my account and have one in my basket since before 12 and I still can't check it out. I just keep getting a pop-up saying pre-orders are now closed. Surely if it's in my basket I should be able to checkout??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭Danny552

Is it worth getting the charging station
    And HD Camera

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I am signed in to my account and have one in my basket since before 12 and I still can't check it out. I just keep getting a pop-up saying pre-orders are now closed. Surely if it's in my basket I should be able to checkout??

Not with smyths

If it sold out that includes the one that was in your basket

Their server got overloaded essentially

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

It’s not reserved for you until you compete checkout. If it’s sitting in your basket and can’t check out then there’s none left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

i don't know why anyone buys these things from gamestop, it's pretty obvious they won't be able to keep up with demand and they charge money for the preorder.

Don't charge any money for online pre order, and have used them for lots of other online consoles and never had issue

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement