Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Is anyone able to edit their payment details? The auto fill in my computer filled in a different name that isn't on my debut card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

My missus was finished ordering the disc version and then went in and got a disc less version and checked that out at about 12:45. Then she went in and got a headset and controller first order was swords but the others were blanch which seemed to work faster for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

martyos121 wrote: »
    Any possibility that Smyths would switch a collection order to home delivery, anyone ever managed it before?

There is a good chance that they have different stock allocations, when the orders went up last week they were available at different times. Maybe send them an email or something.
    Do smyths deliver on release day ? anyone have any experience of preordering from their site before ?

Everything I pre-ordered with them has arrived either on release day or the day before, they are fairly reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

Smyth's website is back up, but when I try to go to checkout I get this:

The following items are out of stock:
    PlayStation 5 Digital Edition Console

So it's game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Still have it my basket, but nothing when I click on Checkout :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Damn I was at checkouy, hit the place order button, nothing happened. Disappeared from my basket, no email. Do you receive an email straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Ive had better experiences with ticketmaster....that's saying something.

Damn I was at checkouy, hit the place order button, nothing happened. Disappeared from my basket, no email. Do you receive an email straight away?

Payment timed out, same for me, tried 5 times - nothing. No email - no order I'm afraid.

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Still have it my basket, but nothing when I click on Checkout :(

If you keep trying, you can get another 502 error. That's about as close as you'll get :pac:

'We have now filled all pre-orders on PlayStation 5 consoles'

On the main page, its over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Liamo_mu wrote: »
    Is anyone able to edit their payment details? The auto fill in my computer filled in a different name that isn't on my debut card.

Yeah you can edit on the order page. I'd give it a couple of hours before trying as the website is still hit & miss. They won't be charging until close to dispatch anyway so lots of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Usually takes a couple of minutes, but the same happened to me about 20 min ago and haven't got anything. Presume that you missed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Message on their site saying they have filled all pre orders now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I wish it would disappear from my basket so I could just stop hitting refresh.

It's the hope that kills you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Usually takes a couple of minutes, but the same happened to me about 20 min ago and haven't got anything. Presume that you missed out.

To be fair mine also crashed once I did this but did go through, I noticed the URL went to what looked like a payment gateway before crashing.

If you can get into your account you might see if it's pre ordered. Getting in is an issue right now. Still too many hits on the server.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Digital version is still showing up as available for click and collect in Waterford for me

EDIT: Nevermind that has changed now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Disc version showing as pre-order available again for me

Berty wrote: »
    To be fair mine also crashed once I did this but did go through, I noticed the URL went to what looked like a payment gateway before crashing.

If you can get into your account you might see if it's pre ordered. Getting in is an issue right now. Still too many hits on the server.

Nothing there, all well, will wait till nearer Xmas

I wish it would disappear from my basket so I could just stop hitting refresh.

It's the hope that kills you.

Just got one ordered, lol, when already gave up. Keep trying mate, don't remove from the basket or you will never get it back.

New message on the main site

'We have now allocated our current pre-orders on PlayStation 5 consoles. Pre-Orders are currently closed.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

I wonder how many they had to allocate ?

Just got one ordered, lol, when already gave up. Keep trying mate, don't remove from the basket or you will never get it back.

Still no email, thought :(

Mine disappeared, but no email or order history. Well done if you managed to get one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Didn't have a smyths account but boughtr it, received the confirmation email about 40 mins ago and when i press the "If you do not have an account, you can do so here." button and enter my email, it says email not recognised? Glitch or has my order not actually gone through even though I got the confirmation :( Stressful site lol

I'd leave it to later in the day when the website has settled before I'd try to do anything if i was you. The email confirmation should be enough to ensure you have it

Mine disappeared, but no email or order history. Well done if you managed to get one

Basket items stored in your browser cookies, should not have disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Kamu

Basket items stored in your browser cookies, should not have disappeared.

Keep us updated, i am now invested in whether you got the pre-order or not! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Troula

Pre order was a nightmare alright.
    In the basket and tried to continue with my basket about 200 times with server error showing.
    I was trying to change click and collect location as well, but it was impossible.
    I was in the final checkout step 3 times before I managed.
    First time, all info there, but Place order button not clickable
    Second time, I clicked the place order but absolutely nothing happened. It was like frozen.
    3rd time was the charm, kinda.
    It looked like it was loading and took the pre-order but then it threw the server error.
    Luckily somehow the order went through.
    I got the confirmation e-mail a bit later as well.
    So I would definitely consider myself one of the lucky ones.

The question is, are they going to have enough available for November release or will this 2nd phase of pre-orders will be fulfilled later. In December for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Kamu

Troula wrote: »

The question is, are they going to have enough available for November release or will this 2nd phase of pre-orders will be fulfilled later. In December for example.

Someone earlier linked to a Tweet from Smyths that stated that this round of pre-orders was for Launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Troula wrote: »
    In the basket and tried to continue with my basket about 200 times with server error showing.
    I was trying to change click and collect location as well, but it was impossible.
    I was in the final checkout step 3 times before I managed.
    First time, all info there, but Place order button not clickable
    Second time, I clicked the place order but absolutely nothing happened. It was like frozen.
    3rd time was the charm, kinda.
    It looked like it was loading and took the pre-order but then it threw the server error.
    Luckily somehow the order went through.
    I got the confirmation e-mail a bit later as well.
    So I would definitely consider myself one of the lucky ones.

The question is, are they going to have enough available for November release or will this 2nd phase of pre-orders will be fulfilled later. In December for example.[

Smyths have said November this morning..
    so you'd assume theyve been given a quota number by Sony/distributor for day one

• Advertisement

Kamu wrote: »
    Keep us updated, i am now invested in whether you got the pre-order or not! :P

Finally have an email, got it last min I think. I assume once you got it in your basket it was reserved, but I can be wrong. Entered payment 6 times all failed part last one, nightmare.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement