Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Troula

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Smyths have said November this morning..
    so you'd assume theyve been given a quota number by Sony/distributor for day one

Oh I didn't catch that.
    That's great. Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Ericaa wrote: »
    For those wondering

xiS1GZD.png
    Troula wrote: »
    The question is, are they going to have enough available for November release or will this 2nd phase of pre-orders will be fulfilled later. In December for example.

See above

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

Troula wrote: »
    Pre order was a nightmare alright.
    The question is, are they going to have enough available for November release or will this 2nd phase of pre-orders will be fulfilled later. In December for example.

Well, they said on twitter that this round was for 19-Nov, and the email with confirmation also says: Estimated availability date: 19 November 2020

So I'm hoping to be there at midnight and pick it up with CP2077.

Although I still haven't decided which version of CP2077 to grab - I have preordered XSX as well.

Does anyone have any tv suggestions please, I have a budget of around 1000e. Pretty clueless. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kamu

Next important question, do I need a second controller?

Decisions, decisions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Meanwhile in non preorder news

1. Picture of the PS5
    2. There are two versions of the PS5.
    3. Release date and price (Nov 10 in the UK, Nov 19 ROW)
    4. Three free games on PS5: Astro's Playroom, Fortnite and GTA Online (for the first three months)
    5. Launch day lineup from SIE.
    6. PS Plus collection
    7. Controller is called Dual Sense
    8. Explains why it's called that
    9. Controller uses USB-C and has a rechargeable battery
    10. PS5 specs
    11. Optical drive in the PS5
    12. Talks about its CPU
    13. Talks about GPU
    14. PS5's SSD
    15. Other advantages of SSD: e.g. installing games in segments
    16. Storage can be expanded with an off-the-shelf drive
    17. Tempest audio engine
    18. Pulse 3D wireless headset
    19. Other accessories: charging station, media remote, camera
    20. Camera has two 1080p lenses
    21. PSVR is compatible with PS5
    22. PS5 is compatible with overwhelming majority of PS4 titles
    23. Where "PlayStation's" games are available on PS4 and PS5, like the new Sackboy game, there will be a free upgrade option available to PS4 players when they make the move to PS5.

List copied from Resetera

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Troula

jontr wrote: »
    Well, they said on twitter that this round was for 19-Nov, and the email with confirmation also says: Estimated availability date: 19 November 2020

So I'm hoping to be there at midnight and pick it up with CP2077.

Although I still haven't decided which version of CP2077 to grab - I have preordered XSX as well.

Yeah, I am kinda wondering what games will be available on release date.
    And wether I should pre-order when the time comes.
    I know I can download as well, but I do like to have the boxes...
    Oldschool...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kamu

Does anyone have any tv suggestions please, I have a budget of around 1000e. Pretty clueless. Thanks.

There is a thread somewhere on Boards discussing 4k TV (there are not many), I'm not sure where that thread is, but Black Friday is just a weekish after the Launch if you can wait. Might be able to pick up a 4k ready tv a little cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Anyone any idea if Smyths will do a midnight release?
    What with the apocalypse and all
    I don’t remember there being one for PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Kamu wrote: »

Decisions, decisions!

Shouldn't have a problem with accessories I'd imagine (Although I could be wrong). Think I'll order the headset if it does a good job on the 3d audio. (Will wait for reviews/previews. I usually get an extra controller so I can hane one regularly on charge (Billy no-mates here :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Go onto the richersounds thread, the lads there are very helpful and will point you in the right direction and keep you in budget

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Decisions, decisions!

You do if you plan on getting Demons Souls (shamefully stolen from a post a few hundred pages back).

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Shouldn't have a problem with accessories I'd imagine (Although I could be wrong). Think I'll order the headset if it does a good job on the 3d audio. (Will wait for reviews/previews. I usually get an extra controller so I can hane one regularly on charge (Billy no-mates here :) )

The headset sounded amazing, but I think it’s about 100e?! Have heard a few techies say that price is a bad sign, probably not going to be great future-tech...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

They did one for the Switch which was a lot more recent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Are people forgetting COVID, less consoles have been made than the PS4 and then if we keep going up there stores might get shut, best to order it for delivery. Who knows what the country will be like in Nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Are people forgetting COVID, less consoles have been made than the PS4 and then if we keep going up there stores might get shut, best to order it for delivery. Who knows what the country will be like in Nov.

I thought the official line was actually more PS5's are launching than PS4's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

SMC92Ian wrote: »

They have actually made more, it had minimal impact to their production as the brunt of the shutdown occurred before manufacturing began.

Even if Smyths close, they will likely operate as collection-only, much like when they first re-opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,052 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

there was one for the PS4. I got mine at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

i feel bad for anyone that missed out, it's rough out there when you have lads making scripts to constantly refresh the site and order automatically. I was one of the lucky humans on amazon this morning .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

There is a thread here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058114179

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It works like this

Smyths are told an amount they will be allocated for stores / online warehouses for pre-order. They may be told additional amounts at any time.

The pre-order count remaining is decremented per order, and your order time and status (i.e: payment successful) is what dictates if you will be allocated stock (this is why they only allow a single item in an order with pre-order items). If they actually get less stock in than promised, you have to wait until the next shipment. Now, depending on how they have actually allocated the pre-orders, they may have over sold due to the demand on the servers (let's just say they can be quite caviller with how they do atomic allocations). You cannot be 100% sure they will have enough stock, but a good sign would be if pre-orders open up again before November.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Decisions, decisions!

For me I think the charging base for the controllers is more important than the second controller on day 1 at least. My 1st Gen PS4(original controllers) get enough for one sitting on a charge but apparently the PS5 controllers have better batteries so I don't think I'd need the second one straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bainesontoast

so do you think those smyths preorders guarantee release day delivery ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Anybody know what the power connector's going to be like? Like the PS4, or a standard figure 8 or 3 prong or whatever? I can thread cables through my TV stand but it's pretty damn full now with Ethernet, Multiple HDMI, Multiple USB, Power and Satellite cables etc. all rammed in there. Looks like I'll have to remove them all and refit them (Not a bad thing really as I'm sure there are a couple I could remove/rearrange). Just curios.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anybody know what the power connector's going to be like? Like the PS4, or a standard figure 8 or 3 prong or whatever? I can thread cables through my TV stand but it's pretty damn full now with Ethernet, Multiple HDMI, Multiple USB, Power and Satellite cables etc. all rammed in there. Looks like I'll have to remove them all and refit them (Not a bad thing really as I'm sure there are a couple I could remove/rearrange). Just curios.

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1307334878904549379

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Asylum15

Got a disk one on Smyths earlier - jesus christ the stress.

I was running from meeting to meeting with a laptop absolutely dickslapping F5!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭pphheerroonn

Once it is in the basket it should be held for you and if you don't check out in 15 mins it is put back. That's the way most stores work. So you have time to log in and type out credit card details.
    Thats actually not how most stores work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Asylum15 wrote: »
    Got a disk one on Smyths earlier - jesus christ the stress.

I was running from meeting to meeting with a laptop absolutely dickslapping F5!

Maybe that's where I went wrong earlier, no dickslapping!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

Go for oled55b9pla, you will get one of these for less than 1000 ,2019 model but cracking set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭jones

Anyone getting the headset? I had the headset for the ps4 at launch and it's good but a bit battered now. Thinking of getting the new pulse one but not sure if it's just style over substance?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement