Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,292 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

F5 FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Logged on with Pre-Orders available.
    Put it in my basket.
    Clicked checkout
    crashed
    crashed
    crashed
    crashed
    crashed
    crashed
    crashed
    Sold Out. :mad:
    Exact same experience for both click and collect and home delivery...Shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Kremin wrote: »
    What will happen if Smyth's try take the money and you don't have it in your account ? Have the ps5 and spider man pre-ordered so should I just keep 600 in my main account at all times or am I safe to just.move it from savings about a week or two before?

They don't take payment right now. Payment upon collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Eventually picked up one of each in the end after all the refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

They don't take payment right now. Payment upon collection.

They take the payment the day before collection, there is no transaction in store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

Logged on with Pre-Orders available.
    Put it in my basket.
    Clicked checkout
    crashed
    crashed
    crashed
    crashed
    crashed
    crashed
    crashed
    Sold Out. :mad:

Exact same situation here. Infuriating :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Home delivery pre order bagged after much frustration.

Will that arrive around release date?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Once it is in the basket it should be held for you and if you don't check out in 15 mins it is put back. That's the way most stores work. So you have time to log in and type out credit card details.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

I got disc version reserved, but would prefer digital only - is there anyone from Waterford with preorder for digital that would like to swap for disc version?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Once it is in the basket it should be held for you and if you don't check out in 15 mins it is put back. That's the way most stores work. So you have time to log in and type out credit card details.

Mine has been in the basket for an hour now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Mick00

Mine has been in the basket for an hour now!

Same as myself

Anyone know the best way to transfer an amazon preorder to someone rather than cancelling? Have a digital ordered to my parcel motel. Not looking to scalp.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I'm on the site about an hour at this stage.

Got it added to my basket seconds after it went live.

Crashed dozens of times but eventually got to the payment screen.

Filled in all the details but 'Place order' button greyed out and it eventually refreshed me all the way back to my basket.

I've been stuck between this screen and the 502 error screen for the last 30mins.

I don't think I'll be getting on at this stage and I'm fine with that - only my stubbornness keeps me hitting refresh.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Anyone know the best way to transfer an amazon preorder to someone rather than cancelling? Have a digital ordered to my parcel motel. Not looking to scalp.

What do you mean by transfer exactly? You could change the payment details and delivery address certainly but it would have to be someone you trust/trusts you.

If you cancel it it will go back into the system and someone else will have a chance at it. Unless you have a mate looking for one the nicest thing you can do is to cancel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

I think they're all gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Now stuck in basket, clicking on checkout does nothing :( I think its over

Markitron wrote: »
    What do you mean by transfer exactly? You could change the payment details and delivery address certainly but it would have to be someone you trust/trusts you.

If you cancel it it will go back into the system and someone else will have a chance at it. Unless you have a mate looking for one the nicest thing you can do is to cancel it.

Probably better to cancel it so or sell it at cost. Would be nice if any excess orders could go to the people here that are still stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Finical wrote: »
    Home delivery pre order bagged after much frustration.

Will that arrive around release date?

Ya should do. Estimated date is given in the email confirmation as 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

Agree game over on this end

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

:mad: FU Smyths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,374 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Any possibility that Smyths would switch a collection order to home delivery, anyone ever managed it before?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ozmo

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    We should start a poll to see who managed to get a pre-order today and who didn't!

I managed to get one for pick up. Didn't think I would. Absolute nightmare.

Got as far as green button but it did nothing when pressed. Errors in chrome console only. Didnt get order through - eventually showed cart empty again.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

If you change your delivery details AFTER placing a pre-order, will SmythsToys deliver to the new address? I have no interest in the one I got but was trying for a friend. Rather than being delivered to me, I'd rather it get delivered to him if he wants it.

I have entered card details 5!!! times, and got nothing, so back user experience Smyth :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

"We have now filled all pre-orders on PlayStation 5 consoles."

Right that's me done with this ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mcgrailg

my order has been stuck in my basket for over an hour now, have been onto customer service to see if they can help but they are saying they cant even access the site. He said thats as its in the basket there might be a small hope but he cant guarentee anything

• Registered Users Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

What a farce. Not even gonna bother anymore until they're in free flowing availability.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Probably better to cancel it so or sell it at cost. Would be nice if any excess orders could go to the people here that are still stuck.

True but there is no safe way to do that. You could go to the hassle of selling it at cost to a stranger but cancelling it is effectively the same thing with a lot less hassle for yourself.

If I was you I would just hang onto it until the first or second week of November and see if someone you know could use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bainesontoast

Do smyths deliver on release day ? anyone have any experience of preordering from their site before ?

• Advertisement

Bots are still trying thought, getting 502 all the time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement