Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Smyths seem to have taken a authorization payment yet I haven't been able to check out successfully, stuck on grey n no confirmation email. Anybody else? Any ideas?

Did you get the auth payment from revolut? I got mine and then the confirmation email within 5 mins.. Go to the smyths homepage in a new tab and see if its in your basket still. If not, go to to your Orders page and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Now out stock.. damn it. Will stick with my ps4 these preorders are so messed up :(

I remember years ago ordering the Wii. Was perfect timing because I was able to bring it to a family gathering just before Christmas so had good laugh as nobody had it.

Anyway, while I was collecting it on launch day two people came in: One guy goes: "Yeah, Yez got any o' those WHY yolks?" "No sir, sorry. Not until January probably""Sh*te. Ah, fair 'nuff"

Then the other: "Yah, I'll take two of those Nintendo Wii consoles" "Have you pre-ordered?".... "No, I can pay on my card, I don't need to pay over months" "Sorry, sold out. If you put your name down now we may have some in January" Queue "But Timothy wants one and I also need one for my sister"And "Get your manager" sh*t.

Are they sold out on all stores?

At this stage, it has just become a personal battle.

Had one in my basket for at least half an hour. Have been kicked back to choosing collection or delivery a couple of times after F5'ing. At one stage it took me back to that screen and it said it's out of stock, but with further F5'ing it's letting me try again.

I just want to see which way this plays out. I have all day (sort of).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Berty wrote: »
    Hmm I see, I didn't click through, store collect was gone but home delivery still showing but I guess by the time you click through everybody else was ahead of you. It would have been far too late to get through all the other screens especially with the 502 errors.

You didn't get sorted so?

Nope. Got the Place Order button to go green but now getting a message saying it is out of stock. Crazy to be one of the first in, and not get a pre-order.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Basil3 wrote: »
    At this stage, it has just become a personal battle.

Had one in my basket for at least half an hour. Have been kicked back to choosing collection or delivery a couple of times after F5'ing. At one stage it took me back to that screen and it said it's out of stock, but with further F5'ing it's letting me try again.

I just want to see which way this plays out. I have all day (sort of).

Same here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Got my order through eventually on the phone. If your at the card details page and putting in ccv and the place order goes from green to grey when you press it just refresh and keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Finally got one. Just had to keep refreshing until it went green. Then it crashed on the final page but when I refreshed I got confirmation and an email then.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

Kanney wrote: »
    Did you get the auth payment from revolut? I got mine and then the confirmation email within 5 mins.. Go to the smyths homepage in a new tab and see if its in your basket still. If not, go to to your Orders page and see.

Not in my order history. Still in my basket. Paid wit credit card

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Pre-order PS5 on Done Deal for 1k. Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭orwell77

The order button changed to blue o pressed order now and it says server encountered temporary error and couldn’t complete my request... so ye know if that means it didn’t go through?,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Nope. Got the Place Order button to go green but now getting a message saying it is out of stock. Crazy to be one of the first in, and not get a pre-order.

I got lucky then as I was also likely one of the early batch in, checking since before 11am. Came back to the office and saw people on here say "GOGOGOGO". I got to the confirm order screen 5 times before I could get it to go green and submit the order. I was lucky then.

Head over to Smyths Twitter, the sh*t show has begun. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I see their twitter post mentions out of stock for some people but keep at it for a while longer. You never know when they joined the queue

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Zamp

Got one finally. It was in my basket for the last 30 mins. Just kept refreshing and slowly got through the various stages.
    Absolute sh!t-show.....

Clicked "Place order" and .... nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Error: Server Error

The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.

Please try again in 30 seconds.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

Johner wrote: »
    Finally got one. Just had to keep refreshing until it went green. Then it crashed on the final page but when I refreshed I got confirmation and an email then.

Just now or like 30min ago?

paymentPreProcess - > 502 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭orwell77

Oh my god I got it
    Keep refreshing everyone
    I got click collect Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MrZibi

makes me wonder, is a credit card succesfully attached to that order? dont see and transactions in my bank. There is an option to update payment detials for pre-order but dont want to risk cancelling. Besides went off the page in case of taking traffic for others.

Any thoughs ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Wow, got a digital edition for collection after all that. Nearest store to me is 30 minutes drive away but still pretty happy to get one at all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

What will happen if Smyth's try take the money and you don't have it in your account ? Have the ps5 and spider man pre-ordered so should I just keep 600 in my main account at all times or am I safe to just.move it from savings about a week or two before?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

d9d wrote: »
    Just now or like 30min ago?

12.36 according to my email. I had it in my basket since it went live, so over 40 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,556 ✭✭✭✭klose

Have one in the basket but can't get through to the final confirmation, hoeouflly it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

We should start a poll to see who managed to get a pre-order today and who didn't!

I managed to get one for pick up. Didn't think I would. Absolute nightmare.

Denisoftus wrote: »
    paymentPreProcess - > 502 :(

And now back to cart :( this is so annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Mick00

I had one in my basket within 30 seconds of them being available and now it’s just refreshed back to saying out of stock very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

My checkout is green but nothing happens when I click on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Kremin wrote: »
    What will happen if Smyth's try take the money and you don't have it in your account ? Have the ps5 and spider man pre-ordered so should I just keep 600 in my main account at all times or am I safe to just.move it from savings about a week or two before?

You will get an email saying there was insufficient funds and that you need to urgently update your card details within the next 24 hours or the order will be cancelled. Happened to me when I pre-ordered a game and lost/cancelled my card in the meantime. They won't charge you until the 17th at the earliest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Logged on with Pre-Orders available.
    Put it in my basket.
    Clicked checkout
    crashed
    crashed
    crashed
    crashed
    crashed
    crashed
    crashed