Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

dan786 wrote: »
    Sunday gone:

121.png

That just shows the parcel was scanned as in a locker later, was in Parcel Motel system Saturday. Gotten heaps of parcels, my locker is literally outside the door of the depot, not like they have far to go and never has there been one placed on a Sunday.
    Anyway, derailing thread.
    Next time take a pic for me of it being placed on the Sunday, good lad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭recyclops

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Lickarse :pac:

could be worse i could have it on adverts right now

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

Smyths havent gone live yet.

Do you just keep clicking F5 on the ps5 screen on smyths or do they throw up another tab somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

That just shows the parcel was scanned as in a locker later, was in Parcel Motel system Saturday. Gotten heaps of parcels, my locker is literally outside the door of the depot, not like they have far to go and never has there been one placed on a Sunday.

Can you see?

It was delivered to them on Saturday and was placed in locker Sunday morning and collected by me Sunday afternoon. Go back to bed , you need some more
    sleep. Your whole point was they dont put them in lockers on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

You're embarrassing yourself

• Advertisement

Rx713B wrote: »
    Do you just keep clicking F5 on the ps5 screen on smyths or do they throw up another tab somewhere

Yeah F5 is your best friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

cheers Brock Lesnar :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

Thanks Danny boi!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Anyone know if Smyths take full payment when pre-ordering if i'm lucky enough to get one when they are released later?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

RoryMac wrote: »
    Anyone know if Smyths take full payment when pre-ordering if i'm lucky enough to get one when they are released later?

They will take payment the day before it releases if you go with click and collect. If you order for home delivery they will take payment when they dispatch it (likely to be a day or two before).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

RoryMac wrote: »

No, just takes payment day before or day of release.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Anyone know what courier Smyths use??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Markitron wrote: »
    They will take payment the day before it releases if you go with click and collect. If you order for home delivery they will take payment when they dispatch it (likely to be a day or two before).
    Zero-Cool wrote: »

Perfect, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Damo 2k9 wrote: »

Dpd every time I've ordered in the past

DPD , the last two times I ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭recyclops

do they deliver on sunday? :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Pipmae

For anyone ordering home delivery via Smyths, they are known for not being discreet with their packaging. Just as a heads up for anyone ordering for Santa (although I suspect most of the PS5 fans here have sussed the Santa secret by now)! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

DPD.

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Just be careful on this one. I have payment taken sometimes 2-3 days in advance , also as its a big release they may start taking some earlier so try and have the funds in your bank start of that week to be on the safe side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

You're embarrassing yourself

Another Sunday flute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    youd wanna hiope they dont cancel this due to an invalid shipping address for the product when it comes time to dispatch :pac::pac:

I was going to do the same but when i ordered the xbox it wouldn't let me originally use my Irish address. So I figured I'd leave it incase they cancel before dispatch...

recyclops wrote: »
    do they deliver on sunday? :pac::pac::pac::pac:

DPD use contractors, I have had the same guy deliver a DPD and a UPS parcel at same time. Depending on how busy they are they do sometimes deliver on Sunday.

In my area An Post parcels on Sundays as well in November and December - (no letters though.)

As its close to Christmas also there is a good chance they might be doing Sunday deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭brevity

Smyths just changed some text on their site. Get ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

brevity wrote: »

Just noticed that..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

In my area An Post parcels on Sundays as well in November and December - (no letters though.)

Bull****, I want to see receipts!
    brevity wrote: »

If they put them up before 12 they are colossal arseholes

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Pipmae wrote: »
    For anyone ordering home delivery via Smyths, they are known for not being discreet with their packaging. Just as a heads up for anyone ordering for Santa (although I suspect most of the PS5 fans here have sussed the Santa secret by now)! :D

Really? Not my experience with them at all ordered a play mat for the kid and it came in a box 10 times too big! Was so wasteful and then he just wanted to play in the box and not the mat

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

For smyths - Does the name on the address you use have to match the name being used on your smyths account profile ?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Guys, is the Smyths one same-day delivery?

Kremin wrote: »
    Really? Not my experience with them at all ordered a play mat for the kid and it came in a box 10 times too big! Was so wasteful and then he just wanted to play in the box and not the mat

Same - I ordered a Snes Mini when they came out. Came in a box that could fit 20 of them easily.

I dont expect retailers to just slap labels onto actual console boxes. Lot will be going "missing" in transit that way. I know Amazon did the with some PS4s last time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Mick00

I’m On the smyths site on my phone, do I just keep refreshing the PlayStation 5 console page where it’s currently saying out of stock? Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement