Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭brevity

brevity wrote: »
    Site is slow...

EDIT - its down.

Never mind me. My ****ty internet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Cienciano wrote: »
    You'll have to slum it with your few month old 4k tv!

I think the main thing is upgrading from hd to 4k. Would be nice to get the 2 together if you had an old tv.

I know, it's my cross to bear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

brevity wrote: »
    Site is slow...

EDIT - its down.

Working for me

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

padair wrote: »
    Working for me

Working now so crisp and fast and smooth.

After midday the site will go bananas or whenever lunch is in the Smyths office.

*goes on lunch, lets the website go nuts :D

Berty wrote: »
    Working now so crisp and fast and smooth.

After midday the site will go bananas or whenever lunch is in the Smyths office.

*goes on lunch, lets the website go nuts :D

Best be safe and get back from your lunch at 11.30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

“Please note, there is a limit of one lunch per customer.”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Cienciano wrote: »
    More confirmation on PM sunday delivery here

Are many people planning on upgrading their TV at the same time?

Dublin maybe, but in Mayo Sunday delivery has never happened in over 5 years of using them, it will always arrive on a Monday if it is in the depot on a Saturday.

Xenji wrote: »
    Dublin maybe, but in Mayo anyway it has never happened in over 5 years of using them.

Only time in Limerick seeing a Sunday delivery was a few years ago when the lockers were so busy before Christmas they couldn't get parcels into them fast enough because of so many online ordering, otherwise nothing.

Anybody else remember that sh*t show when Parcel motel just gave up on the Talk to us forums after that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

are game stop doing pre orders today aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Rx713B wrote: »

They've not said afaik

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

They have a list, any new stock will be already allocated, I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Most would be absorbed by the 'virtual queue' they are running.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kamu

They've said that they cannot guarantee people who pre-ordered from months ago they they will receive a console before Christmas, they've sold way more pre-orders then consoles they will receive I believe.

They haven't said but then again Gamestop are such a huge company globally they should get a further allocation. Maybe they don't need to bother advertising it because they'll be nabbed within minutes as there are so many people who are following stock levels like PS5sales on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Doubt it, they were taking pre-orders without being sure of stock to fulfil the orders so they already have a backlog to fill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Berty wrote: »
    They haven't said but then again Gamestop are such a huge company globally they should get a further allocation. Maybe they don't need to bother advertising it because they'll be nabbed within minutes as there are so many people who are following stock levels like PS5sales on Twitter.

They’re charging 50 euro to have the idea of a console at some point in its life cycle

There is No chance they have any more preorders, certainly not for receipt in the near future

bennyl10 wrote: »
    There is No chance they have any more preorders, certainly not for receipt in the near future

Maybe they can a DFS Couch offer on it "Guaranteed Christmas delivery" when Christmas also occurs in January :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

bennyl10 wrote: »
    They’re charging 50 euro to have the idea of a console at some point in its life cycle

There's also the fact that they have been taking pre orders for 6 months before they were official. Gamestop is the last place I would try to pre-order a PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Markitron wrote: »
    There's also the fact that they have been taking pre orders for 6 months before they were official. Gamestop is the last place I would try to pre-order a PS5

and the rest.... some people on this thread put down money last year in gamestop

They've taken on way more than they can fulfill, it's going to be a mess.... Also given their financial situation, I'd say they simply won't care about the negative impact that the impending backlash will have on them because in the short to medium term they're history....

In short, i'm not saying don't go with gamestop, just be cautious because the warning signs are there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

and the rest.... some people on this thread put down money last year in gamestop

They've taken on way more than they can fulfill, it's going to be a mess.... Also given their financial situation, I'd say they simply won't care about the negative impact that the impending backlash will have on them because in the short to medium term they're history....

In short, i'm not saying don't go with gamestop, just be cautious because the warning signs are there

I am 100% saying don't go with Gamestop :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭omega666

anyone know if you have to pay a deposit to pre-order in smyths? or do they take full price up front?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

omega666 wrote: »
    anyone know if you have to pay a deposit to pre-order in smyths? or do they take full price up front?

The answer to this question should be in a sticky!

omega666 wrote: »

No deposit and they do not take the money upfront. They will take the money on dispatch or a few days before for delivery; or the day of release or day before for click and collect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭Danny552

Well that was easy, now just to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

Let’s go Smyths ffs, I’m starving!!!

Danny552 wrote: »

When did you pre-order? If it was today, I am almost certain you will not get the console on launch, and most likely not before Christmas either. Unless a hell of a lot of people cancel their pre-order, which some are.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

You do realize that you bought the place in the queue and that you can get console around Easter?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dr. Steve Brule

Best of luck getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Notice the word "queue"

• Advertisement

It's live

This discussion has been closed.