Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Video wrote: »
    if i used the antrim virtual address and it's delivered on release day ...will i get it the next day delivered to my door ?

Depends on how busy they are. I have had home delivery next day - 4 days later.

Note 19th is Thursday so if its mot next day you will have to wait till following Monday/Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

recyclops wrote: »
    this is true there appears to be a fair few ordering two and cancelling then, i was just on a call with my boss was complaning that his wife was unable to get a digi console for his kid for xmas so told him he can have mine, I have my series X to tide me over and its a good deed for the day:)

Lickarse :pac:

scottigael wrote: »
    Wouldn't a ps5 be too big for parcel motel locker? Parcel wizard probably better option

It will be. The console huge and Amazon will
    put an outerbox on it also.

I have had Xbox One and PS4 Pro from them all being shipped in large boxes which were oversized.

dan786 wrote: »
    Depends on how busy they are. I have had home delivery next day - 4 days later.

Note 19th is Thursday so if its mot next day you will have to wait till following Monday/Tuesday.

Parcel Motel operate on Saturdays.

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Parcel Motel operate on Saturdays.

They operate Sundays as well.

We are talking home delivery here not locker. They only operate Monday-Friday in my area anyway (Home Delivery).

Locker delivery is 7 days a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Asylum15

Am I wasting my time ordering one from Curry's for the 12 launch using Parcel Wizard?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It will be. The console huge and Amazon will
    put an outerbox on it also.

I have had Xbox One and PS4 Pro from them all being shipped in large boxes which were oversized.

Going by how Amazon nearly always put whatever I order in unnecessarily large boxes, you should definitely plan for the PS5 not fitting in one of Parcel Motel's lockers.

Also, don't be surprised if Amazon ship the console, controller and cables in different boxes even if you specifically click "Send my order in as few deliveries as possible"

Sorry... Amazon really gets on my tits sometimes....

Asylum15 wrote: »
    Am I wasting my time ordering one from Curry's for the 12 launch using Parcel Wizard?

The queue is already insane so more than likely yes. There were 40,000 people in their queue last week. Expect more this time.

The queue is already insane so more than likely yes. There were 40,000 people in their queue last week. Expect more this time.

Cheers

Asylum15 wrote: »
    Cheers

Just keep an eye on Smyths

• Advertisement

Just keep an eye on Smyths

Will do - Thanks buddy.

They operate Sundays as well.

We are talking home delivery here not locker. They only operate Monday-Friday in my area anyway (Home Delivery).

Locker delivery is 7 days a week.

Has anyone found out for sure that the box won't fit?
    Locker delivery isn't 7 days a week, they don't place items in lockers on Sundays.

Has anyone found out for sure that the box won't fit?
    Locker delivery isn't 7 days a week, they don't place items in lockers on Sundays.

It wont. The box is already big enough for console. Amazon has massive outer boxes so 99.9% oversized. They could slap labels onto the console box but people will complain about that so there will be outer box for sure.

Yes they do. They do for me almost every Sunday. I have had few thousand parcels with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭R.F.

Amazon have changed since last gen , i got the ps4 delivered directly to my door from them on release day in 2013. Now they only allow UK addresses so i had to use parcel motel. kind of annoying because it was so convenient last time around .

I ordered a Ps5 off amazon today without the need of Parcel Motel

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

R.F. wrote: »
    I ordered a Ps5 off amazon today without the need of Parcel Motel

you ordered the digital edition , i went for disc

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Did I miss Smyth's pre-orders? Noticed the message saying they're sold out changed to one per customer but it's out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Damo_B

you ordered the digital edition , i went for disc

I seen the above message about digital only and went back to change mine. I managed to change my disc version to my irish address so for anyone unsure about using a uk virtual address you can now go back and change it !

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Duffers1983

People saying it went live at 9.30 on psforums

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Kremin wrote: »
    Did I miss Smyth's pre-orders? Noticed the message saying they're sold out changed to one per customer but it's out of stock

They haven't been released yet.

It wont. The box is already big enough for console. Amazon had massive outer boxes so 99.9% oversized.

Yes they do. They do for me almost every Sunday. I have had few thousand parcels with them.

No they don't, Parcel Motel do not place parcels in lockers on a Sunday, it may be placed before and you can grab it on a Sunday but that's it.

From their site:
    All motels are serviced daily by our drivers from Monday to Saturday.

So tell me again about the thousands of parcels you've received.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sidford

So for parcel motel from Amazon order the options are get them to deliver to door, likely not till Monday / Tuesday or collect from their depot which in Dublin is in North City Business Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I was able to change delivery address to my home address on amazon for both PS5 & Series X

No they don't, Parcel Motel do not place parcels in lockers on a Sunday, it may be placed before and you can grab it on a Sunday but that's it.

From their site:
    All motels are serviced daily by our drivers from Monday to Saturday.

So tell me again about the thousands of parcels you've received.

Look I dont have the time to argue with your silly statements. I get parcels stored every Sunday in my lockers. May be area dependent. I have had over 10,000 parcels with them. Go troll elsewhere.

Look I dont have the time to argue with your silly statements. I get parcels stored every Sunday in my lockers. May be area dependent. I have had over 10,000 parcels with them. Go troll elsewhere.

:D you know better than Parcel Motel site I suppose, good luck with your Sunday collection that won't happen.

:D you know better than Parcel Motel site I suppose, good luck with your Sunday collection that won't happen.

Troll alert.

Atleast I am trying to help others and not just spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Okay I'm curious.

10,000 parcels? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

I was able to change delivery address to my home address on amazon for both PS5 & Series X

youd wanna hiope they dont cancel this due to an invalid shipping address for the product when it comes time to dispatch :pac::pac:

Sunday gone:

121.png

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

People saying it went live at 9.30 on psforums

If this happened.....................I WILL THROW THE RATTLE OUT OF THE PRAM :pac:

• Advertisement

Smyths havent gone live yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement