Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    Guys, is the Smyths one same-day delivery?

They ship a day or two in advance for delivery on the release day. They havent said if these batch of orders are for launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Lads if you have a Smyth's within driving distance if you I'd be choosing click and collect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

I think it depends on the size of the item. At the start of lockdown I ordered a gaming chair and it came with a label slapped on the box via An Post Courier Post. For consoles I'd fully expect them to be in another box for both security & to protect the actual console.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,231 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

More confirmation on PM sunday delivery here

Are many people planning on upgrading their TV at the same time?

Cienciano wrote: »

Bought a new 4k tv a few months ago, that will have to do can't justify another one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

Kremin wrote: »
    Really? Not my experience with them at all ordered a play mat for the kid and it came in a box 10 times too big! Was so wasteful and then he just wanted to play in the box and not the mat

When picking up in store they give you a big clear plastic sack so everyone sees exactly what you are buying. When I got my Switch preorder there were literally disappointed children looking at me like the anti-Santa.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kamu

Cienciano wrote: »

Not straight away, unless there will be some Black Friday deals on TVs. Either way, in the new year I will upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mayflyatr

Why?
    FixitFelix wrote: »
    Lads if you have a Smyth's within driving distance if you I'd be choosing click and collect

dan786 wrote: »
    Same - I ordered a Snes Mini when they came out. Came in a box that could fit 20 of them easily.

I dont expect retailers to just slap labels onto actual console boxes. Lot will be going "missing" in transit that way. I know Amazon did the with some PS4s last time around.
    Amazon do this regularly but they usually say it on the listing ("this will ship in a manner that reveals it's contents" or something) and you can just tick a box to avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭brevity

Mick00 wrote: »
    I’m On the smyths site on my phone, do I just keep refreshing the PlayStation 5 console page where it’s currently saying out of stock? Thanks

Thats what i'm doing anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

dan786 wrote: »
    They ship a day or two in advance for delivery on the release day. They havent said if these batch of orders are for launch day.

It would be the dream by some fluke they arrived the day before release

mayflyatr wrote: »
    Why?

Possibly to ensure that you get it on Launch maybe?

Why?

Wouldn't be trusting if alot a delivery drivers with such a high demand item, alot come in a temp workers over xmas time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,382 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Why?

Probably for midnight release. A little more assurance given one less provider in the chain.

Otherwise, no real benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mayflyatr

yeah can understand that, mine is for Santa so can wait!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lodwick

Does anyone know if Smyths is selling both digital and normal PS5? im looking to pick up digital....hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Another Sunday flute

hahaha awwww he rage quit the site hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭BlueEars

Smyths website has changed, now saying one per customer rather than out of stock. Nkne available though, have I missed it??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Lodwick wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Smyths is selling both digital and normal PS5? im looking to pick up digital....hopefully

I got an email from them yesterday to say pre-orders would be available today and it showed both so i presume so

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

BlueEars wrote: »
    Smyths website has changed, now saying one per customer rather than out of stock. Nkne available though, have I missed it??

No, thats come up 20 mins ago.. Probably due to be something soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

For those wondering

xiS1GZD.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Mick00

BlueEars wrote: »

It’s been saying that the last while for me so think all good

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭d9d

Is it lunchtime?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Pre-orders at lunchtime must be a cushy job to have lunch at 11

• Registered Users Posts: 14,231 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Bought a new 4k tv a few months ago, that will have to do can't justify another one

You'll have to slum it with your few month old 4k tv!

I think the main thing is upgrading from hd to 4k. Would be nice to get the 2 together if you had an old tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Si1ence

I'm getting a bit hungry does that mean it's lunchtime?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭brevity

Site is slow...

EDIT - its down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

im making a sandwich, i think that makes it lunchtime...

f5f5f5f5f5

Lodwick wrote: »

Yes they have both

• Advertisement

brevity wrote: »
    Site is slow...

EDIT - its down.

Not down for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement