Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

What the heck is going on with my spelling?
    I used to be quite a good speller but this last few years I'm always noticing mistakes.
    Is it something to do with typing rather than writing :confused: Young ones seem to be getting worse too and they wouldn't do too much writing nowadays.

I had the occasion to type recently where autocorrect wasn't enabled for some reason. I was shocked at how many mistakes there were. Not so much spelling though, more hitting the wrong letters thinking they were the right ones, and not being corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA when websites change their layout to make it ''easier'' to navigate, producing the fuucking opposite effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Rat droppings on a box that was up high in my shed :(

IMG-20200921-121322.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They could be Bat droppings, instead of Rat droppings. I'd expect to see gnawing marks on the box, with rats.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

New Home wrote: »
    "No news is good news, Boss!"

Not when you're waiting for a really important contract to come in before the end of the quarter :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Nope, don't think it is bats by that photo, too large to be them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

They could be Bat droppings, instead of Rat droppings. I'd expect to see gnawing marks on the box, with rats.

I'd surely spot bats or would I?
    Only time something could get in is sometimes the door might be open while I'm doing something around the place.

Its just a steel shed with nothing that should entice anything in :rolleyes:

Up there is where the droppings were.
    IMG-20200921-121334.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

1st bike in 20 yrs and I'm TA'd I didn't take the longer, quieter route to work. Instead I took the city centre route in busy traffic like a dope.

For one brief moment I just went into a state of panic and fell off my bike trying to get onto a paved area. I've only had it for 5 hours. Not used to the brakes yet.

No injuries - just a graze, but the sheer embarrassment will never leave me. Two passers-by asked if I was okay and I couldn't even own up to the fact I was just being clumsy. Instead I put the blame on a non-existent driver who veered into the cycle lane, to avoid further mortification.

Ring road from now on. It adds an extra 6 or 7 minutes to my journey but it's a split cycle/pedestrian pavement the whole way. No need to use the road or annoy cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

1st bike in 20 yrs and I'm TA'd I didn't take the longer, quieter route to work. Instead I took the city centre route in busy traffic like a dope.

I used to love cycling in city centre traffic when I was in college. Legging down Georges Street, timing it just right that you had a green light to turn right onto Dame Street, then race up to College Green and swing around into Westmoreland Street and the 4 lanes of traffic it used to be back then before blasting over O'Connell Bridge. Or pegging it down the steep hill of Winetavern Street - under the archway of Christchurch Cathedral - getting lucky with a green light and straight across Wood Quay onto O'Donovan Rossa Bridge without touching the brakes. Invigorating!

TA'd that the last time I cycled was in my adopted home of a small midwestern town, and even though the traffic is nothing like Dublin, I found I'd lost all my courage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Cousin of mine who never contacts me from one end of the year to the other on to me again to do his tax return!!!

My mother is dying and my daughter is going through extreme mental health issues and he knows this but still has the ****ing cheek to put me on the spot again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

People who put "University of Life" as a qualification on Facebook.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Antares35 wrote: »
    People who put "University of Life" as a qualification on Facebook.

Usually living with the “full time mumma to a little man and a couple of princesses.....”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

In a previous life the Glorious Leaders of the multinational I was working for at the time gave us all a medal (a cheapo, crappy thing) that said "We passed the audit!". There were thousands of us working there. I kid you not.

One of my friends worked in a call centre and at Easter a tool dressed as a bunny went around dripping chocolate eggs on people's desks while they dealt with irate
    customers.

I was at a work do last year where awards were given out and there was a bit of speechifying and polite applause but there was really nice finger food and loads of free wine which I lashed into and was wobbly going for my train. :D

Team recognition is nice but don't make it into something childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,443 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Can't remember where I tucked away something for safekeeping. Where is my memory, when I need it?!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I've just seen a tweet from the NRA (american gun association) referring to bullets as 'freedom seeds' and i think i may have cracked my forehead frowning at it.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I've just seen a tweet from the NRA (american gun association) referring to bullets as 'freedom seeds' and i think i may have cracked my forehead frowning at it..

Direct inverse correlation to how many seeds of diplomacy you are able to sow.

TA I am wide awake too early.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ditto. :mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Rows of empty seats on the top deck of the 101 bus yet some slack jawed muck savage still decides to sit directly behind my seat and then start coughing and sniffling. No wonder Covid cases are on the rise again.

I woke up this morning in a lot of pain. My wrist is sore, my arse feels like it's been kicked and I have a fresh bruise on my elbow from when I fell off of my bike.

I dunno how my wrist hurts but my arse is probably sore due to the seat - not sure how I can remedy that problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Rows of empty seats on the top deck of the 101 bus yet some slack jawed muck savage still decides to sit directly behind my seat and then start coughing and sniffling. No wonder Covid cases are on the rise again.

Permission to steal “slack jawed muck savage” and use it widely ???

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I woke up this morning in a lot of pain. My wrist is sore, my arse feels like it's been kicked and I have a fresh bruise on my elbow from when I fell off of my bike.

I dunno how my wrist hurts but my arse is probably sore due to the seat - not sure how I can remedy that problem.

lots of codeine for starters. good luck.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    lots of codeine for starters. good luck.

I'm already drugged up on paracetamol and nurofen with a nice cup of coffee, I should be okay :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,343 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

my arse is probably sore due to the seat - not sure how I can remedy that problem.

I feel your pain! Very sore bum today after a 45 minute spinning session yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Get yourself one of these, or something similar. They're very comfortable

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H784QUC?bulk&ref_=maas_adg_C25A0618BD2B193B3A9E38FAB937597E_afap_abs&ref=mm_d3380136-534c-438a-b052-61968f54e587

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I was working last night trying to get some sleep this morning. First of all the integrated alarm system went off. Then the postman was banging the door down. I rushed out of bed only to see my neighbour standing in the hall right next to the front door not even attempting to open it. Who in their right fcking mind finds this acceptable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

My perennial midday Gin v Vodka v Cocktail dilemmas'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    My perennial midday Gin v Vodka v Cocktail dilemmas'.

Just have the 3 of them.Dilemma solved[hic]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Joined a work call as the host was finishing her cereal, and I'd be surprised if there is any paint left on the fcuking bowl given the scraping.

I can put up with lots of noises on these calls, background conversations, dishwashers being loaded, even getting used to listening to people slurping their coffee. But this almost made me yell at her, and I feel it would have been justified

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Joined a work call as the host was finishing her cereal, and I'd be surprised if there is any paint left on the fcuking bowl given the scraping.

I can put up with lots of noises on these calls, background conversations, dishwashers being loaded, even getting used to listening to people slurping their coffee. But this almost made me yell at her, and I feel it would have been justified

So unprofessional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,014 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

When one ink colour goes on your BIC 4 colour pen but you still have 3 left.

To thine own self be true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement