Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

In my home country we call it a cart, it is still a habit to call it as such. There is so much I'm willing to acclimate here. If that annoys you then I don't know what else to say. Except deal with it.

My ex is German and called it a wagon. I thought it was cute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

too many noisy cars.

in my suburb, you'd think it was the city center or the nascar 500.

and this might be at 9 or 10 at night. seriously take a break for 5 minutes. its just woosh wooosh woooosh wooosh.

i try to listen to something on my headphones, and every cnting time some prick in a car goes by at the important part, or a bus. the buses are just way over the top loud.
    cant hear sht at high volume.

so i press the lights on my route even when i dont need to cross. to fck back. i know you pricks are going nowhere, running pointless errands and driving like its an emergency. i know it a pint of milk or a shoe left in someones house.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Antares35 wrote: »
    People who complain about "bad eyesight" which is usually just age related. My parents complain about having to wear glasses to read etc. I've had the type of myopia that has onset around age 11 and got steadily worse until my early twenties. My vision now is minus 7. Basically, without lenses or glasses I won't even see a car coming as I try to cross a road. I've dealt with this all my life, and all the faffing around with lenses, solutions, eye infections, scratched glasses on and on and on.

Then to hear someone in their seventies complain about needing cheapo over the pharmacy counter perspex lenses for a fiver so they can read a tiny font ingredients list, when it's simply just normal macular degeneration, really TAs me. Really, you just don't know what "bad eyesight" is.

I wish I could thank this a thousand times! I’ve got a really weird prescription that both get worse annually. Specs need changing and they’re 400 euro a throw currently.

85603 wrote: »
    so i press the lights on my route even when i dont need to cross. to fck back. i know you pricks are going nowhere, running pointless errands and driving like its an emergency. i know it a pint of milk or a shoe left in someones house.

So you just waste people's time for no reason because you think you’re some kind of self appointed traffic warden.
    Jesus that’s a big TA of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I buy a lot of milk, usually 12 one litre cartons at a time. If I put them all up on the belt, the cashiers complain that they have to handle them all, and say to just put one up and tell them how many there is. If I do that, they invariably fück it up.

So today I decide to do it their way. One carton in the belt, the other 11 fully visible in the child seat of the trolley. She scans the milk, just as I say “I’ve got 12 of those” and point at the mass of milk in my trolley. Then she stops, takes it back from the packing area, taps furiously in the checkout, huffs and puffs and proceeds to scan the one carton of milk individually 12 times.

TA’d that I can’t win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Are they one litre tetrapaks?

Can't beat full fat milk in a one litre tetrapak.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The branded tin foil wrapping on the top of cans of San Pellegrino. No need for it and must be environmentally inefficient.

san-pellegrino-limonata-330ml.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    My ex is German and called it a wagon. I thought it was cute :)

You mean a Vagon?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    The branded tin foil wrapping on the top of cans of San Pellegrino. No need for it and must be environmentally inefficient.

I actually think it's a great idea now.
    At least you know somebody won't have the fingers on the part of the can your drinking out of.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

No need for the tin foil wrapping, the can itself or the contents imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Every time Conor mcGregor breaks the law he soon after puts out pictures on social media of hima nd the family having a fun day out, like look at me, I'm a loving family man who just made a small error of judgement that was totally out of character.

Probably on the advice of his PR agent or something.
    When he smashed the bus up he put pictures of them having a day at the zoo.
    With this latest craic in Paris he puts snaps of them having a swim in the lake.
    You are fooling nobody McGregor you bowsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

People who don't react quickly enough at the lights - 'B' of the 'BANG' people!

Okay, maybe a slight exaggeration, but ffs move! I was 7th in line at a busy junction last week, and when the car 5th in line moved, it took three seconds for the car 6th in line to move. WTF are you doing? The light's been green for ages, four cars have already moved and should have given you plenty of time to be ready, why are you not ready to move when it's your turn?

I missed the light because of her, and to be fair, the rest of the queue didn't move especially quickly either. If everybody had moved as quickly as they should, myself and probably at least one other car would have got through. It doesn't sound like a lot, but now there's two cars sitting, idling, polluting for no reason other than muppets not paying attention! If it happens again (and probably did) the next time the light goes green, now there's four cars. Four turns of the lights and there's eight cars, the right turn lane is full and we're about to start blocking traffic - a traffic jam caused by people reacting too bloody slowly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

So you just waste people's time for no reason because you think you’re some kind of self appointed traffic warden.
    Jesus that’s a big TA of mine.

i wouldnt be able to hear my podcast.

its me or them.

Okay, maybe a sligwhy are you not ready to move when it's your turn?

This . And people in front of me with a green light, no on coming and they sit and wait for the arrow !!! Move!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭wally79

cj maxx wrote: »
    Okay, maybe a sligwhy are you not ready to move when it's your turn?

This . And people in front of me with a green light, no on coming and they sit and wait for the arrow !!! Move!!

I thought if there’s a filter light present you have to obey it

Edit. Actually that’s only with a filter light for straight on too. Long weekend

wally79 wrote: »
    I thought if there’s a filter light present you have to obey it

Edit. Actually that’s only with a filter light for straight on too. Long weekend

No if you have a green light you can proceed if traffic allows . An arrow means right of way . I think

Both captains on A Question of Sport.

I cannot decide which one annoys me the most actually?

So, I have decided that they are both each, equally, as annoying as the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

Both captains on A Question of Sport.

I cannot decide which one annoys me the most actually?

So, I have decided that they are both each, equally, as annoying as the other.

You're in luck so as they are being replaced!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

When someone sits in the cubicle next to you and stays really quiet. It's so weird. Stop sitting there and listening to me poo!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Communion photos. I just find them a bit creepy and would rather not see them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,343 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

The local pet shop reducing down the selection of treats that my dog loves. I really want to give a local business support but I'm afraid I will have to purchase these online. I can't figure out why they are reducing the line for this particular product as they always appear to be selling well!

Award ceremonies and all the stupid rubbish crap they entail.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

What the heck is going on with my spelling?
    I used to be quite a good speller but this last few years I'm always noticing mistakes.
    Is it something to do with typing rather than writing :confused: Young ones seem to be getting worse too and they wouldn't do too much writing nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

My TA is "any update on your update" questions from antsy sales bosses when my last update was about two hours ago.

No update since two hours ago. And let me save you your next question in another two hours: there'll be no update then either.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

I can't find my hard drive.

Everyone wants something from me.

So tempted to tell everyone to get fcuked. Urrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhh.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

bitofabind wrote: »
    My TA is "any update on your update" questions from antsy sales bosses when my last update was about two hours ago.

No update since two hours ago. And let me save you your next question in another two hours: there'll be no update then either.
    "No news is good news, Boss!"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Award ceremonies and all the stupid rubbish crap they entail.

In a previous life the Glorious Leaders of the multinational I was working for at the time gave us all a medal (a cheapo, crappy thing) that said "We passed the audit!". There were thousands of us working there. I kid you not.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,398 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

New Home wrote: »
    In a previous life the Glorious Leaders of the multinational I was working for at the time gave us all a medal (a cheapo, crappy thing) that said "We passed the audit!". There were thousands of us working there. I kid you not.

Any job that has a HR officer that acts like a primary school teacher needs to be left immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Any job that has a HR officer that acts like a primary school teacher needs to be left immediately

HR officer? we have a Chief People Officer. absolute nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,398 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

HR officer? we have a Chief People Officer. absolute nonsense

Haha he sounds like a really crap native American

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement