Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WandaVision - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

• 01-01-2020 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,273 ✭✭✭✭

Moved up the schedule and will drop now in Spring 2020 instead of 2021.

My guess it will launch when Disney+ hits Europe in March.

WandaVision-poster-D23-700x300.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Any idea yet what on earth it's going to be about? The concept art is so weird, and I believe it's hinting at a acclaimed comic series where Vision tries to create a family & settle down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

pixelburp wrote: »
    Any idea yet what on earth it's going to be about? The concept art is so weird, and I believe it's hinting at a acclaimed comic series where Vision tries to create a family & settle down.

Big Spoiler and it's only vague and may not be right:

So Wanda
    I've heard is one of the most powerful beings in the Universe. We've seen hints at this but really she has yet to realise it out in the open in battle or otherwise.

Now it seems like she
    was really in love with Vision and let's face it, she was locked up for most her life and the two people she got closest to, her brother, Quicksilver, and now romantic connection (lover?) Vision, have been killed.

So summary to this point:
    She's like Universe-And-Reality-Changing powerful .. and now she's really upset and/or angry

So, from here:
    The guess is that she's gonna start using her powers, maybe sub-consciously .. maybe not, to change the reality around her to fix things up for herself. It's likely she'll bring (some kind or replication or maybe the actual) Vision back and also.. I've heard the comics have two children. Maybe she'll bring back Quicksilver... unlikely though as nothing is showing up on Aaron Taylor-Johnsons imdb:
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1093951/ and a quick google links to a recent article that kinda confirms.

So what will it mean..
    Oh I dunno.. shur we're in the land or paralell universes or multiverses or something as well as timetravel now... things could go all over the place for a bit.
    Then I think the idea is that
    some kind of resolution ... or maybe a bigger hole will be created in Doctor Strange 2: Multiverse Of Madness

One thing hinted at.. is maybe something from all this will
    pull the X-Men into existence especially as we've seen hints that The New Mutants film coming out soon may be pulled into the MCU

• Registered Users Posts: 60,273 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

WandaVision is the thing I'm looking forward to most in the MCU at the minute. It could be incredible and the snippets from that trailer are fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I count about half a dozen American sitcom references in that trailer from the 1950s to the 1990s some of them may not be well known over here as others but if each episode is a different take on a classic sitcom yeah I am interested.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Kinda wondering if this might be an entire Bottle Series. Little to go on but that domestic setting seems quite prominent.

Series will debut in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,822 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Evan Peters has joined, maybe a "Quick" appearance :p

• Registered Users Posts: 84,822 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Edit; Liz got there before me :)

• Advertisement

Ok, so the trailer confirms I guess this is set after the evnts of Infinity War; I wonder is this going to be some kind of backdoor retcon to return Legion to the MCU & the land of the living. Looks different enough from the usual MCU fare that I'll definitely give it a whirl.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks really interesting and the Halloween episode with their comic costumes looks gas, will definitely give it a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

It looks good and cant wait for it.

But I live how they gradually gave up on Wanda's russian accent over the last few movies :v

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

It looks good and cant wait for it.

But I live how they gradually gave up on Wanda's russian accent over the last few movies :v

Black Widow lost her Russian accent between scenes in Iron Man 2 :-)

It will tie into Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and the Loki series on Disney+ and I would take a guess since we seeing them holding children in the trailer it may also bring in the X-Men and Kathryn Hahn's character links Fantastic Four.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Will they dump all episodes on one day or go week by week like with The Mandalorian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭Sparko

flazio wrote: »
    Will they dump all episodes on one day or go week by week like with The Mandalorian

I'd say week by week. They want people to keep those subscriptions active.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm ashamed to admit it took me too long to realise that WandaVision combines the 2 names and isn't just a play on the word "television" like "WonkaVision" . It was the black and white TV show promos that threw me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

You think that's bad, I'm still calling him J.A.R.V.I.S.

Entertainment Weekly has done a huge piece on it this week.

wandavision_fb_tw.jpg

https://ew.com/tv/wandavision-marvel-cover-story/

• Advertisement

Paul Bettany has revealed that some of Wandavision was shot in front of a live studio audience when they do a sitcom episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I've seen two or three trailers for this and I still haven't a clue what it's about but I look forward to watching it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I've seen two or three trailers for this and I still haven't a clue what it's about but I look forward to watching it

Yeah, I'm liking that I don't get it yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

This looks amazing. I adore Kathryn Hahn.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Seems to be loosely based on Avengers Disassembled and House of M

Essentially, Wanda goes crazy, and completely warps reality to try create her ideal world. It ends with her screaming "No More Mutants" which resets reality, but removes the mutant gene from all but 198 mutants, and no more can be born.

This could likely be the opposite with her somehow causing mutants, allowing for the introduction of X-Men, and maybe even pulling popular Fox characters (Hugh Jackman's Wolverine, and Evan Peters' Quicksilver) into the MCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I'm a simple man. I see Elizabeth Olson, I faint.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Cheesy theme tune now included;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,512 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

It certainly looks like it will be unlike anything ever seen before. I will give it a spin not sure if I will like it do. But every show deserves a chance. The trailers really do not give much away.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement