Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,941 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Flightradar24 let's you pay for "gold" and "silver" level with phone credit, and you can share it with others and they get those levels without paying. If you like knowing what's going on in the sky, I enjoyed it a lot in April May (you know, when we had decent weather) looking up and knowing where the planes were destined for.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Vodafone will implement VAT reduction from 23% to 21% as a credit of 2% of balance and top up from 1st September.
    https://n.vodafone.ie/aboutus/covid-19/vat-change.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,309 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Best Ultimate VPN on 3 works. It's expensive at €10 a month. Works for iPlayer, and seems to still work after my sub ended : )

In the case you just want a temporary one it's handy.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.open.hotspot.vpn.free&gl=IE

edit: include link

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

AllForIt wrote: »
    Best Ultimate VPN on 3 works. It's expensive at €10 a month. Works for iPlayer, and seems to still work after my sub ended : )

In the case you just want a temporary one it's handy.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.open.hotspot.vpn.free&gl=IE

edit: include link

"This item was not available on your country"

dont you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

So

I subscribed to Quibi on the credit, so now I have Disney+, Quibli and an Anti virus taking my credit away

Gotta say, Quibi has a lot of celebs doing random, short shows.. but.. I'm not sure it's all that good. If I spent 'real' money on it, I'd probably cancel my sub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

Hey all, you can use your credit to buy games on the epic game store. Just purchased Horizon Zero Dawn

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭eire_insane

padair wrote: »
    Hey all, you can use your credit to buy games on the epic game store. Just purchased Horizon Zero Dawn
    do you have a link for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

do you have a link for that?

www.epicgames.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

The same epic games that Google and Apple booted off their system?

I logged in to their store via my Google account and Epic account, and both only have the option of credit card or PayPal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Can confirm it works. Give me the option of 3pay. Same price as with credit card, no add-on charges which is brilliant.

Pity it's the epic store!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,644 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

RossieMan wrote: »
    Can confirm it works. Give me the option of 3pay. Same price as with credit card, no add-on charges which is brilliant.

Yay
    RossieMan wrote: »
    Pity it's the epic store!

Why?!? :pac:

I've gotten shedloads of free games from them and also bought Trover Saves the Universe... no problems anywhere.

OK, so using Chrome on my phone and logging into my Google account and Epic account, i only have the option of Credit Card or Paypal.

Tried logging into my Xbox account via Epic, and was given loads more payment options, including 3Pay :)

Anyone know if you can purchase additional films from Disney Plus using credit? Haven't tried yet, but movies like Mulan are going to be chargeable as an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Basil3 wrote: »
    OK, so using Chrome on my phone and logging into my Google account and Epic account, i only have the option of Credit Card or Paypal.

Tried logging into my Xbox account via Epic, and was given loads more payment options, including 3Pay :)

Can you play the games on your xbox if you buy them or are they pc games?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Brilliant, had been looking to spend my built up credit on something since deezer stopped working. Got a game for 49.99, thought it might be above the limit but apparently not.

Hey, that worked.

Just bought Mortal Shell for 19.99 (There was a 10 euro voucher in my account)

I doubt my PC will run it though.

As mentioned any way you can buy Xbox/PS4/Switch games through Epic store?

cintec wrote: »
    Can you play the games on your xbox if you buy them or are they pc games?

Only PC afaik.

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Hey, that worked.

Just bought Mortal Shell for 19.99 (There was a 10 euro voucher in my account)

I doubt my PC will run it though.

As mentioned any way you can buy Xbox/PS4/Switch games through Epic store?

Yeah, runs like ****e lol.

If this worked in the Steam Store then we'd be talking.

I went through the games list on Epic. You can't sort by price like Steam and it seems rather overpriced anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

got control plus season pass for 30 as I had the voucher too.
    they do have the odd sale so will keep an eye out for the next one.

sweetie wrote: »
    they do have the odd sale so will keep an eye out for the next one.

Indeed, they often have really good prices compared to Steam as well, for example I got Trover about €15 cheaper on Epic when it came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Hi guys, I read on this thread that Deezer is available on carrier billing (albeit with some issues) but I've just tried to subscribe to Deezer premium via carrier billing on Vodafone and it's not giving Google carrier billing as an option. Anyone know what the story is?

AngryLips wrote: »
    Hi guys, I read on this thread that Deezer is available on carrier billing (albeit with some issues) but I've just tried to subscribe to Deezer premium via carrier billing on Vodafone and it's not giving Google carrier billing as an option. Anyone know what the story is?

It used to be available via carrier billing, removed a long time ago. Some people still have it working, but they live in fear of a payment ever failing, as that will be it gone for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭3d4life

Anyone able to think of a way of getting a 'before buying' car check ( Cartell, Motorcheck etc ) paid for with excess credit ?

3d4life wrote: »
    Anyone able to think of a way of getting a 'before buying' car check ( Cartell, Motorcheck etc ) paid for with excess creddit ?

No, but I think I have leftover credits from one of those services you can have if you want? PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

3d4life wrote: »
    Anyone able to think of a way of getting a 'before buying' car check ( Cartell, Motorcheck etc ) paid for with excess creddit ?

Done Deal accept 3 credit, they might offer such a service via a third party.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭3d4life

Otssto, thats interesting. I shall have a fool around.

Basil, thanks for the kind offer. Lets see if I can figure out something through DD first

• Registered Users Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Just found this thread. Have around €90 free credit with Vodafone

Pay for Spotify premium right now. Prob makes sense to move to YT Music / Google Music?

• Advertisement

Just found this thread. Have around €90 free credit with Vodafone

Pay for Spotify premium right now. Prob makes sense to move to YT Music / Google Music?

Only if you have nothing better to spend it on. I pay for a family YT premium sub @ around €2.50/month with rupees, and save my credit for other subs.

Advertisement