Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Just found this thread. Have around €90 free credit with Vodafone

Pay for Spotify premium right now. Prob makes sense to move to YT Music / Google Music?

You could buy some crypto too with it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,691 ✭✭✭Raoul

You only get 50% of the value or something though do you?

Raoul wrote: »
    You only get 50% of the value or something though do you?

Well for me on 3 for a €35 phone call I get €15 in ethereum

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

anyone know if you can pay for google stradia with excess credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Hey peeps, Rocket League is free on Epic Games Store and you also get a ten euro voucher.

I used the voucher to buy brand new release "Hades" for only 6.79 with credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

How do you go about this? Have a Coinbase account.

Boxfresh wrote: »
    How do you go about this? Have a Coinbase account.

Coingate

Coingate

Have you bought bitcoin with phone credit before?

Have you bought bitcoin with phone credit before?

Ethereum

Ethereum

So let's I have 40 euro credit in mobile credit balance. I could then buy Ethereum with coingate and then transfer it into my Coinbase account and withdraw it from there?? Sounds interesting.

• Advertisement

So let's I have 40 euro credit in mobile credit balance. I could then buy Ethereum with coingate and then transfer it into my Coinbase account and withdraw it from there?? Sounds interesting.

Not exactly,

If you're on 3 the phone call costs €35 and for that you get about €15 ethereum. Add the coinbase fees into it it's not worthwhile

I was an early investor in ethereum 3 years ago. I buy and hold ethereum in my ledger hardware wallet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I am subbed to brain.fm.

If you sign up with the app you can pay through the Google Store and pay your subscription with 3 credit.

Its 6.99 a month.

Very good service if you need to concentrate.
    :cool:

Normal link is above - however:
    Referral Link if you're feeling frisky

• Registered Users Posts: 8,895 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ten Pin wrote: »

Oh wow, never heard about this. I'd say better off having a wait and see approach with this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Red27 are the latest company giving consumers similar headaches with unsolicited premium SMS....
    https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=Red27

AFAIK a billing partner provides a back end platform that anyone can sign up to and start charging mobile accounts for a service (via PAYG credit or bill charge). The main difficulty is the confirmation from the consumer that they agree to the charges is not strictly enforced.

Fortumo might not be in the same game but these words from the article are too familiar from previous providers...
    Fortumo’s merchants can now collect payments for games, in-app content and digital services

...which could include clickable ads through which the merchant gets your number from Three and starts charging without you even knowing about it until your credit is gone or the phone bill arrives.

Fortumo are doing the carrier billing for epic games hopefully they do the same with PSN or even Spotify

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I used to buy music from Google Play using 3 Credit. I see that Google Play is now YouTube music & you can't buy tracks.

Does anyone know another site where you can buy music with 3 credit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Does anybody know if you can use credit to purchase ppv events on BT Sport?

From the link it seems you can use carrier billing
    https://www.ufc.com/news/ways-watch-ufc-254-ukie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

That's UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Son is on 3 at €20 a month and had built up credit of over €100.
    He checked yesterday and it had all disappeared.
    He contacted Live Chat who told him there was 180 day expiry on it.
    That true?
    I thought it there no expiry on the plan he is on with credit?
    Also if there was 180 day expiry on the credit, the payments from 5 months up todate should all still be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

It wouldn't all expire on the same day. Each 20e top up would expire 180 days after it was applied.

Having said that, the 180 day expiry is supposed to only apply to customers who moved to the newer prepay plans since June 2020.

Were there any out of bundle charges? 3s data is a euro per MB when plan expires.

Not a good idea to build up that amount of credit. Three are always waiting to pounce on it whenever they can. Data addons and play store are ways to spend it.

It wouldn't all expire on the same day. Each 20e top up would expire 180 days after it was applied.

Having said that, the 180 day expiry is supposed to only apply to customers who moved to the newer prepay plans since June 2020.

Were there any out of bundle charges? 3s data is a euro per MB when plan expires.

Not a good idea to build up that amount of credit. Three are always waiting to pounce on it whenever they can. Data addons and play store are ways to spend it.

That's what I assumed.
    He's on unlimited data now so nothing extra to come off there, sounds like a load of bull to me.
    Even if it was 180 days, why would they wipe the last 5 months off it?
    I feel a small complaint coming their way ;).
    Tx.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

No, the 180 day expiry has always been there, as least for the many years I've had a Three SIM on the legacy 3Pay plan.

Also, it's only top-up credit that's 'in the queue' that expires after 180 days of non-use. The top-up credit that you're actively using never expires as long as there is a credit-reducing event at least every 180 days.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

okidoki987 wrote: »
    That's what I assumed.
    He's on unlimited data now so nothing extra to come off there, sounds like a load of bull to me.
    Even if it was 180 days, why would they wipe the last 5 months off it?
    I feel a small complaint coming their way ;).
    Tx.
    No way that credit expired. It sounds like data was used when the plan wasn't active and that would clear out any credit balance in minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,691 ✭✭✭Raoul

I wish you luck with your complaint. But realistically they will just bs you. See if you can get a usage charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

Raoul wrote: »
    I wish you luck with your complaint. But realistically they will just bs you. See if you can get a usage charge.

Keep on at them. They will absolutely feed you the bs, and tell you that they don't hold usage reports for top up accounts beyond a certain period of time, but it just depends on how persistent you are.

Cheers.
    Having recently had the "pleasure" of a Vodafone Live Chat rep for an hour over a mobile offer problem, I'm looking forward to wasting another hour of my life with Three when I eventually get all the details :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Might be worth opening a thread on their community, I have found that to be the best place to get help and from someone that appears to be a level or two higher support than their chat or on the phone.

https://community.three.ie/t5/Prepay/bd-p/Prepay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭Damien360

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Cheers.
    Having recently had the "pleasure" of a Vodafone Live Chat rep for an hour over a mobile offer problem, I'm looking forward to wasting another hour of my life with Three when I eventually get all the details :rolleyes:.

You won’t just be an hour. Three are atrocious to deal with. Live chat crawls along. They will after many hours agree and you may think that’s the end of it. But it will not be resolved and you won’t get money back. I took screen shots of the entire conversation I had and it might as well have never occurred. They don’t allow upload of images to live chat and will deny all. Still with them as nothing else compares for the price of €20 per month.

Advertisement