Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

recyclebin wrote: »
    Is YouTube subscription now gone from 3 Credit? Just got a failed payment e-mail from YouTube.

Mine renewed last week no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭jeffk

Had my credit balance cleared out over the weekend despite having mobile data turned off all the time. €2.02 taken off the balance precisely every 2 hours until it was whittled down to zero. 3 support were of very little help.

78 euro off mine due to similar

Can't refund as not in error

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

cintec wrote: »
    Mine renewed last week no problem.

Must have been an error with 3. It renewed at 3am this morning at the second attempt. Those texts confirming payment seem to come at any hour of the day and are quite annoying especially when in bed fast asleep!

recyclebin wrote: »
    Must have been an error with 3. It renewed at 3am this morning at the second attempt. Those texts confirming payment seem to come at any hour of the day and are quite annoying especially when in bed fast asleep!

DND is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Raoul

jeffk wrote: »
    78 euro off mine due to similar

Can't refund as not in error

yeah, it's an absolute joke. The same thing happened me. It isn't worth the heartache trying to deal with the customer support either.

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    yeah, it's an absolute joke. The same thing happened me. It isn't worth the heartache trying to deal with the customer support either.

No its not, even the aul thinking of leaving is pissing in the wind

I'm pushing to find stuff to use it on

Onedrive 7 a month, with added bonus of office (after near miss with Google docs)

Changed VPN provider to wevpn at 5.50, only new, but highly rated, plus mainly only need it to watch "TV"

After that if you make one or two calls be soon see it gone

Three only worth unlimited data without speed limits advertised like Vodafone (did see someone got full speeds, but no guarantees)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

can't even subscribe to shudder anymore
    edit; finally managed it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

sweetie wrote: »
    can't even subscribe to shudder anymore

woah what? I started a new sub 5 days ago

Try creating a new Shudder account. The Google Play account to pay can be the same.

Just installed shudder, gives me the option of credit for payment

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

Basil3 wrote: »
    Just installed shudder, gives me the option of credit for payment

Yeah, its been mentioned here a few times!
    mrcheez wrote: »
    Don't suppose anyone has heard if Apple TV will be purchasable with credit?

Also Netflix isn't still is that right?

I.e. Shudder is the only streaming service we can use correct?

• Advertisement

yeah, tried it again and got it.
    think Mubi is available with credit too but its 9.99

Yeah, its been mentioned here a few times!

I know, but they were saying it's no longer an option

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

sweetie wrote: »
    yeah, tried it again and got it.
    think Mubi is available with credit too but its 9.99

Yeah Mubi is available... tried it out but it's not my taste at all, even though I do like arty flicks on occasion.

Disney+ and Shudder each month does me fine for now... watch them most nights and quality is great.

Getting through all the Simpsons episodes at the moment on Disney+

mrcheez wrote: »
    Yeah Mubi is available... tried it out but it's not my taste at all, even though I do like arty flicks on occasion.

Disney+ and Shudder each month does me fine for now... watch them most nights and quality is great.

Getting through all the Simpsons episodes at the moment on Disney+

yeah if it was a fiver I could justify it for the 2 or 3 movies I'd watch a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭thebo

Any iptv services can use credit on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

No. Google doesn't allow that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Cancelled my Youtube Premium sub.

I was only using credit for it but 10.99 a month is too dear and Cobra Kai moved to Netflix.

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Cancelled my Youtube Premium sub.

I was only using credit for it but 10.99 a month is too dear and Cobra Kai moved to Netflix.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/youtube-premium-individual-137month-or-family-2month-via-vpn-3449298

Like 1.50 a month, no ads, youtube music as well :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tom_murphy112

jeffk wrote: »

Just so that I am clear, you use Revolut as payment for YouTube Prime via India geolocation and not Three credit correct ? I am certain their system won't allow paying for stuff via Rupees !

Just so that I am clear, you use Revolut as payment for YouTube Prime via India geolocation and not Three credit correct ? I am certain their system won't allow paying for stuff via Rupees !

Yeah, just use a normal payment method. I pay around €2.50/month for my whole family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

Are there any other streaming sites that you can use your credit for? I see Shudder being mentioned a lot, but the genres they offer wouldn't really be my cup of tea.

Are there any other streaming sites that you can use your credit for? I see Shudder being mentioned a lot, but the genres they offer wouldn't really be my cup of tea.

Disney+ is the only one I use credit for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Magellan TV is a documentary app,similar to Curiosity stream,most of the docs seem to be German/French etc over dubbed with in English. Got it a month ago, basically to use credit, its so so..

Magellan TV is a documentary app,similar to Curiosity stream,most of the docs seem to be German/French etc over dubbed with in English. Got it a month ago, basically to use credit, its so so..

It's something, I suppose! I see there was mention of MUBI a page back, but I can't see an option for paying by credit.

It's something, I suppose! I see there was mention of MUBI a page back, but I can't see an option for paying by credit.

Haven't tried that actually, I'm also on Disney+, but I'm not really using it, don't have kids, and after going through the star wars catalogue, i'm kinda fed up of it. Might give Mubi a go and ditch disney.

You can also use 3 credit to buy audio books, currently listening to the Mary Trump book and Vietnam by Max Hastings in the car to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Haven't tried that actually, I'm also on Disney+, but I'm not really using it, don't have kids, and after going through the star wars catalogue, i'm kinda fed up of it. Might give Mubi a go and ditch disney.

You can also use 3 credit to buy audio books, currently listening to the Mary Trump book and Vietnam by Max Hastings in the car to work.

Where do you buy the audio books from?

Can you get Disney with credit from 3? Might be an idea at least for a bit (Star Wars, Simpsons, that sort of thing).

Would also be interested to hear where you get audiobooks from.

EDIT: I never saw the option for audiobooks from Google Play. Nice one!

Where do you buy the audio books from?

Google play books.

Can you get Disney with credit from 3? Might be an idea at least for a bit (Star Wars, Simpsons, that sort of thing).

Would also be interested to hear where you get audiobooks from.

EDIT: I never saw the option for audiobooks from Google Play. Nice one!

Yeah, Disney + has an option for carrier billing from 3. Google play books for the audio books, think you may be able to some buy books there in PDF format as well, kinda kindle like, but on google play, haven't done it though.

• Advertisement

Yeah, Disney + has an option for carrier billing from 3. Google play books for the audio books, think you may be able to some buy books there in PDF format as well, kinda kindle like, but on google play, haven't done it though.

Yeah, I've used it to buy some books for my e-reader, just never realised they had audiobooks too. The ebooks are handy enough for new books that have a long waiting list from the library or are really expensive in print.

Handy to know re Disney+, will look into that option, cheers.

Advertisement